CDIH
so im going car shopping - what should i get? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: so im going car shopping - what should i get? (/showthread.php?tid=4194)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Keyser Soze - 11-15-2002

i just turned in my pathfinder and im looking to buy a new car. i would love to buy a classic like a GTO or something but realistically i dont have the mechanical expertise to maintain such a vehicle.

therefore i am asking you, if you were a 26 year old male looking for a car, what would you buy.

right now i'm considering the new Nissan Z, the Mercedes 230C Kompressor, and the Lexus IS.

i've had a truck for 8 years so im kinda sick of them right now.

- crx girl - 11-15-2002

how about you buy a honda and give the money you save to me :thumbs-up:

- Jack - 11-15-2002

Prowler

- Hybrid - 11-15-2002

MUSTNAG1`1111111111111111111!! :keke:

- The Painter - 11-15-2002

Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe. Nice

- Metalfan - 11-15-2002

If you're considering the IS, look at the Maxima as well. Styling isn't quite as nice as the IS, but the engine is first rate.

Oh, and Painter, Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe = Nissan Z. They're the same company bro.

- The Painter - 11-15-2002

I did not know that. I guess you could save a few $$$ with the Nissan.

- FollowThisLogic - 11-15-2002

Quote:the Mercedes 230C Kompressor
Okay, FM Jeff. :-D

Of the choices you gave, go with the IS.

- Lord Slug - 11-15-2002

I'm faced with this situation. Except, I really don't have any choice. I can get a great deal on any Honda. My girlfriend's dad runs a honda dealership. I would go with the S2000.

- Metalfan - 11-15-2002

So then, what's your point Slug? Hook up with some chick whose dad is in the business? :crackhead:

- FollowThisLogic - 11-15-2002

Quote:Hook up with some chick whose dad is in the business?
Anyone know a chick whose dad works for Mercedes? That new E-Class is calling my name, once I get a steady job and pay off some debt... :banana:

- PeterDragon - 11-15-2002

I have a lexus ES300 and it is problem free. IS should be similar but sportier.

personally I stay away from low-riding sports cars like the Z; after all, you are never going to legally be able to drive it the way you should, and they aren't always the most comfortable.

As for Mercedes, I wasn't impressed with the lower end models. If you've got 90 grand around, well that's another story.

Whatever you do, take the Damn test drives. there is nothing worse than spending all of that money and finding your car has some annoying features.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 11-15-2002

when i was looking to get my car i looked at the IS, everybody i asked said it was awful in rain and awful in snow

so just take that into consideration.

- virgingrrl - 11-15-2002

go for the jetta...it's such a guys car...grrrrrr.

- Sloatsburgh - 11-15-2002

Get a Miata, ya faggot!

I'm very disappointed with my Passat. The car is great, it's just all the cheap plastic luxury items the put in break: Glove compartment mechanism, rear view mirror adjusting knob, rear seat release.....

Pathfinder is not a truck, it's an SUV. Why don't you get a truck since they are cheaper than cars (cheaper to make, anyways), take it to a chop shop, and have them cut out the top and rear window. Slap a hard cover over the bed and you have a sweet convertable.

If you get a sports car, you know that the insurance and the tires will kill you, right?

- Metalfan - 11-15-2002

Yep, that's why I drive a Taurus......don't have lofty expectations, can't be disappointed :thumbs-up:

- PollyannaFlower46 - 11-15-2002

I've been looking at cars as well, and the one thing I've gathered is to stay away from Mitsubishi. From what I understand, there's been a decline in the type of parts that they use and the car turns out to be a nightmare.

- Maynard - 11-15-2002

[voice of reason]You want a jetta[/voice of reason]

- LyricalGomez - 11-15-2002

Jettas are too cool for school :thumbs-up:

- FAST FREDDY - 11-15-2002

Quote:If you get a sports car, you know that the insurance and the tires will kill you, right?

How true it is. I bought my first 'sports car' last year and the Insurance & rubber cost a fucking fortune! I already pay $4200 a year on insurance (Spotless driving record) and I about to drop 650 on my first set of replacement tires.
Hard to believe my car insurance is more expensive than my property taxes.

Confusedmokey: