CDIH
Chad's da Man - Pennington bringing Jets back - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Chad's da Man - Pennington bringing Jets back (/showthread.php?tid=4211)

Pages: 1 2

- PeterDragon - 11-18-2002

Well, I'm going to jinx it all by complementing Chad Pennington. Jets were going no where fast when Jets made the switch to Pennington. I heard plenty of people who didn't think he could do it, saying "if he was so good, why are they playing Vinnie"?

Well he has brought this team back to 5-5 after looking like they were destined for a top 5 pick. 4TD today. Making all of the right plays. Even his 1st interception in 90 attempts could really have been Moss' fault.

Jets might not make the playoffs this year, but like NE last year, at least we found our Quarterback of the future. :banana: :-D :banana:

- PatCooper - 11-18-2002

We have a good chance of making the playoffs. Buffalo lost today and if the Pat's lose to the raiders 3 way tie for 2nd place.

- krahzee - 11-18-2002

I agree the odds are pretty good at making the playoffs.

Feedler is out a few more weeks, and even though they won today against the Ravens, I don't see them beating Buffalo without him. They might not even get past the Chargers with Lucas in either.

It will be a close race for first, but the Jets have a shot.

- PeterDragon - 11-25-2002

one game at a time, but its going good now.

Pennington even got away with that naked bootleg.

by the 3rd game of the year, Jets were playing the worst football; now they are playing the best. I don't know how long it will last, but right now, things look good.

Now we only have to wait for the Dolphins annual cold weather / december swoon....

:banana:

- Teenweek - 12-02-2002

Tonight is the biggest game of the yeaR for the Jets. It's basically win and tie for first place or lose and you are out. Prime time audience. This game means a lot for both teams.

- Galt - 12-02-2002

OMG The Raiders are so totally going to put a whuppin on the Jets.

31-10

- diceisgod - 12-03-2002

I hope Rice scores three meaningless touchdowns just so i can further bury my fantasy opponent this week.

- fbd - 12-03-2002

who leads the nfl in passing yards this year?

and in touchdowns ever?

total yardage, ever?

points not by a kicker, ever?

and recptions, ever?

also, third in receptions, ever?

- diceisgod - 12-03-2002

Quote:who leads the nfl in passing yards this year?

and in touchdowns ever?

total yardage, ever?

points not by a kicker, ever?

and recptions, ever?

also, third in receptions, ever?
Jeremy Shockey?

- HollywoodJewMoses - 12-03-2002

hey dig, how bout them birds?

- diceisgod - 12-03-2002

Quote:hey dig, how bout them birds?

Yeah what a fucking ugly game sunday, but we're back in the drivers seat for now. Not sure how long that's gonna last. I just pray Farve breaks a leg or something.

- PeterDragon - 12-03-2002

Quote:Yeah what a fucking ugly game sunday, but we're back in the drivers seat for now. Not sure how long that's gonna last. I just pray Farve breaks a leg or something.
I think Detmer comes back, so they'll at least be #2

So far the game has been pretty typical Jets -
Raiders dominating except for penalties & special teams (though they did block a field goal)

Moss return of that punt near half was amazing.

Jets D still makes me nervous -that "bend but don't break" isn't fun.

Well, that play by moss caused an injury, which led to Morton returning a punt, which led to a fumble, which led to a TD for raiders, so :-(

Edited By PeterDragon on 1038892318

- Keyser Soze - 12-03-2002

nice job getting sacked with seconds left and down by 6 instead of throwing the ball away chad, real nice.

- Galt - 12-03-2002

I dont' get to play fantasy football no more.

Good thing my basketball team is unstoppable.

- PlasticMan - 12-03-2002

My brother is named Chadd, named after Chadd's Fjord, Maryland (just because it it looked cool). And, as evidenced by the extra D, he is NOT the man. I think he's a bum in Las Vegas.

- Teenweek - 12-16-2002

well it's all but over. you lose to the pathetic bears this year with their entire defense on the ir. the defense fucking sucked, the special teams fucking sucked and not blaming him but why did chrebet try to jump over the defender. Penalties killed them. Jason ferguson is a fucking douchebag for slamming chandler to the ground and getting a 15 yarder and eventual touchdown. Chad Morton returns a kickoff for a touchdown to start the 2nd half and it gets called back. Really nice.

Guess it is wait till next season as is usual with the jets. However seeing pennington and coles for a full season will be good. At least we can hope to spoil the patsies next week.

- PeterDragon - 12-18-2002

In typical Jet fashion, they will Beat Pats, Beat Packers, and still get left out.

Pennington was on 1050 Wally & Keeg today - he said they didn't play "Jet Football".
Just after the interview Wally Mathews said exactly what I was thinking - that "Jet Football" is exactly what they played. Heartbreaking.

By the way, Chad will be with them tomorrow for "Who's Cooler". This guy's gonna be big.

- PeterDragon - 12-23-2002

If anyone watched tonight's game vs Pats, you've got to come away feeling that Chad is going to be something special. They played poorly vs. Bears, and Pennington put it on his shoulders, even though he wasn't too bad.

Tonight against Belicheck & NE defense he kept composure, made his reads, and got the win.

He doesn't have a gun, but he's got incredible field vision, he stands in there and gets those accurate passes in.

Jets still in the hunt, and now need to beat Favre at home and hope NE knocks off Miami.

- The Jays - 12-23-2002

.... dude, I need like everyone to lose next week except the Jets and Pats.... that's sooo crazy....

- Teenweek - 12-23-2002

They need to beat Green bay regardless. I don't trust those bastards in New England. The Jets can win the Wild Card if Atlanta beats Cleveland or if Cleveland wins, the Steelers must lose to the Bucs and Ravens and the chiefs lose to the raiders and miami beats the patriots.