CDIH
CDIH SOCOM Clan Signup - Seals or Terrorists? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CDIH SOCOM Clan Signup - Seals or Terrorists? (/showthread.php?tid=4215)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- Keyser Soze - 11-18-2002

I picked up SOCOM this week with the headset and i'm instantly addicted. This game fucking kicks ass! I thought it would be cool to set up a clan where we could fuck people up together. If you're interested, sign up here and list your preference to be a Seal or a Terrorist. I figure we could have two seperate clans so we could battle each other as well.

Personally, i'd like to be a Seal.

- Hybrid - 11-18-2002

i bought it the week it came out and played ONCE. but if we get big games together i'm in. so...yea i'm in.

- Keyser Soze - 11-26-2002

cmon people, SOCOM comes with a headseat like the one Bobby Brown wore in the "My Perogative" video so you can talk to your teammates during the game. do i have to say more?

- Mad - 11-26-2002

I play a couple of times a week at a friends cause I don't have my own DSL. We have three PS2's networked with a router.

SOCOM user name: madmick

I'll play SEAL or Terrorist. Doesn't really matter to me. I just like to get a high body count.

What server and time have you been playing? Think I saw you online last week Keyser.

- Galt - 11-26-2002

No idea what this is, but SEALs rule, so I wanna be a SEAL. I wish it was SEALs vs. Ninjas. A bloodbath would ensue

- QuickStop - 11-26-2002

I rented this game for a month straight a while back. When i buy it I'm definately in. I, of course, play as "QuickStop"

- slackjaw - 11-26-2002

I'll probably be back to playing Socom soon, so I am in... though I haven't played online much, and when I did....oh the horror!

- Keyser Soze - 11-29-2002

"soup soup" on the east coast 1 server

- Mad - 11-29-2002

CDIH needs a clan name. How about this one?

BoT for: Bunch of Tools

Any others?

- Hybrid - 11-29-2002

...this isnt oa.com...

- Mad - 11-29-2002

Vice City reference.

- Hybrid - 11-29-2002

oh ok

- Keyser Soze - 11-29-2002

i thought CDIH was an appropriate enough clan name, even Cold Day In Hell sounds SOCOMish.

- Mad - 11-29-2002

Most of the Clans I've seen include it into the user name.

For example -CDIH-Mad or *CDIH*Mad. They add different characters to get listed first on the player list.

It's also easier to see who's playing on the servers. Just a suggestion.

- Keyser Soze - 12-09-2002

ok, i've changed my username to

cdihKEYSERSOZE

i started a CDIH clan, look for it or me online and we can get a nice war going.

- Mad - 12-10-2002

Get my DSL service next week, so I'll no longer be freeloading on a router.

:thumbs-up:

I'll let you know when I have the new user name created for the clan.

- Arthur Dent - 12-13-2002

It's on my X-mas list. If I get it, i'm in.

- FollowThisLogic - 12-15-2002

Heh, you guys play a military operations game that you have to pay for? The one I'm hooked on is a free download. Granted, it's for the PC and you don't get the uber-cool headset. But it uses the Unreal Tournament engine...

America's Army

I dunno if SOCOM usernames support brackets [ ] but most clans I've ever seen on any online game use brackets... like [CDIH]FTL.

- Mad - 12-15-2002

FTL join us for some serious kick ass fun online.

Here's what you'll need: a PS2 with a Network Adapter and a broadband connection. You could rent a copy of SOCOM from Blockbuster (you will not get to use the headset with a rental). This way you wouldn't have to buy it in case you don't like it.

Your user name could be: cdihFollowThisLogic. Brackets are a good idea. However, Keyser has already set up his name/clan so let's just follow his lead.

The advantages to using the PS2 as a gaming platform are everyone will have at least the same hardware and controls (good and bad). This makes it as fair as possible to all. Another reason why SOCOM is an awesome game is due to fact that you can switch from first person to third. Most PC FPS don't have that option. It gives you a better view of the battle in third person.

We can then set up a room on one of the servers and have it password protected or select friendly fire (more advanced game).

It's a great way to learn the maps and controls of the game. After some practice we can then battle other clans or just beat the shit out of each other.

- Keyser Soze - 12-15-2002

i think we should use the brackets after all, i'll have to see what my name will be now since you are limited to how many characters you can have. so out clan prefix will be [CDIH] as in [CDIH]Mad , [CDIH]FTL etc.....