CDIH
iO cable - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: iO cable (/showthread.php?tid=4229)

Pages: 1 2

- Maynard - 11-19-2002

OK....I'm pretty satisfied by the channels, and the picture. But it's fucking SLOW! When you change channels, theres a little delay. And all the menu's are interactive so thats slow too.

Hopefully they will speed this shit up, cause it's pissing me off! :angry:

- The Sleeper - 11-19-2002

My prayers are with you and your current disposition.

- Maynard - 11-19-2002

Thank you sleeper.....I knew I could count on you.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 11-19-2002

cablevision cable service sucks

regular and digital

but the internet services are coo

- Skitchr4u - 11-19-2002

maynard, which service did you get...i am planning on getting io, but don't want channels i don't get now...is there a tiered level to it? please advise, thank you

- QuickStop - 11-19-2002

iO.tv

- LZMF1 - 11-20-2002

Quote:cablevision cable service sucks

regular and digital

i couldn't agree with you more WBK.

i have the top of the line package from iO/cablevision and it STINKS!!!! plus it is wayyyyyy too expensive!!! granted the on demand shit is nice but like maymay said there's way too much lag time.

if only i could get my DirecTv here at my new house.[Image: icon12.gif] for some strange reason nobody can find me a signal and i'm way too fucking lazy to do it myself although i may have to.

i just can't justify paying $144 a month for shitty digital cable when i could be spending roughly $90 a month on pure digital tv enjoyment!

and also the fucking retards at cablevision billed me for $540 because they're too stupid to realize that i made my payments and then they put the funds towards the wrong account.

- JerseyThunder - 11-20-2002

The only good thing about cablevision is optimum online. Then again I've never tried comcast@home. My brother had comast digital cable and it only cost him abut 60 a month.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 11-20-2002

Quote:but the internet services are coo

- LZMF1 - 11-20-2002

Quote:i just can't justify paying $144 a month
(yes i quoted myself)

that buck forty four is for optimum online and 3 iO receivers and i will admit that optimum online is the shizzle!

- FAST FREDDY - 11-20-2002

optimum online is kickass. I use to have Road Runner and that was really good too. optimum online is better. As for TV, cant stand it anymore. If I have HBO and CNN, im all set.

- PeterDragon - 11-20-2002

Quote:cablevision cable service sucks
regular and digital

Yup; I pay $19.95 for optimum-online - that keeps me happy enough to pay $90 for the TV crap.
That and I can hook my VCR's and my ATI AIW to the cable w/o box.

As for speed changing channels, a lot has to do with signal strength.
You'll also notice if you have a TV w/o digital box, there is a 2 or 3 sec delay.

You know the reset trick, right? you'll probably have to do it every so often....

- LZMF1 - 11-20-2002

Quote:You know the reset trick, right? you'll probably have to do it every so often....
yeah, only like a million times already.

i've also had it say that it's searching for a signal. WTF!!!!! it's hard wired god dammit!!!! i realized that the signal comes through the cable and that it is connected to some sort of dish somewhere but it is fucking rediculous how poorly this "revolutionary" new service works.

- PeterDragon - 11-20-2002

Quote:i've also had it say that it's searching for a signal. WTF!!!!! it's hard wired god dammit!!!! i realized that the signal comes through the cable and that it is connected to some sort of dish somewhere but it is fucking rediculous how poorly this "revolutionary" new service works.
you can call tech support - they need really high quality coax for this, but the guy that does the initial installation probably will try to get away without changing wires.

I had to have guys come back 3 times, but all the coax & splitters in my house are now new, and at no cost. (the cheap splitters you buy at home depot are no good).

They'll do this as long as they can verify that the signal strength is bad.

Of course, if you have an 3rd party card, ignore all of this (and let me know ;-) )

- LZMF1 - 11-20-2002

i'm using 2 gig splitters that feed the rest of the house in the basement and 1st floor of my house plus i'm using the nice RG6 coax cable yet the fucking receiver in my bedroom refuses to work properly.

i was too lazy to redo the coax cable that the previous owner of my house put in because it runs from the basement to the 2nd floor. sadly enough the fucking bastard had some great ideas but he did them all half-assed and i get the fun task of finishing what he started the right way.

- Maynard - 11-20-2002

There's a reset trick? For what? How do you do this?

- Keyser Soze - 11-20-2002

optimum online was rated #1

- LZMF1 - 11-20-2002

Quote:There's a reset trick? For what? How do you do this?
press and hold the full screen button and the channel down button simultaneously to reset the receiver.

why? because sometimes the receiver gets fucked up and you have to reset....that's why

- Paper Boy - 11-21-2002

i think io rocks but they need to make the guide easier to navigate. their customer service does indeed suck, they only brought 3 boxes during my initial install. i made an appointment for a fourth, between 1 and 4 on a monday, i totally forget about it, around 8:30pm, i get a call from two hicks from atlanta saying they'll be right over to install my box. they come in a piece of shit pick-up, they weren't wearing any type of cablevision uniform and they were two stupid mother fuckers. they couldn't get the box to registar. i told them to leave and after making numerous appointments, i finally got a new box three weeks later. i did get 70 bucks aff my bill for all the bullshit which was nice.

playboy is only 14.95 a month. i highly recomend it.

- The Painter - 11-22-2002

I think optonline is the best. So is iO, and everything else Cablevision has. It's all good. But then again, I get it all for FREE. My wife works there.