CDIH
Life & death - what do you think about it all - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Life & death - what do you think about it all (/showthread.php?tid=4255)

Pages: 1 2

- Hey Ladi - 11-22-2002

:twak: so the newspaper by me is going on about the Kosovich (sp) trial... two kids called a bunch of Pizza places asking if they deliver. The only place that did, had some friends of theirs working, but they said ok anyway ... and had the pizza delivered to an abandoned house. When the delivery men got there, the other two shot them. "Just to see what it was like"

So the headline the other day is that the fucker is Pleading For His Life .... ooo I can hear the violins now. Didn't think of that when you were shooting your friend did ya!

So why is Life so important? Millions of things live & die everyday. When did Human life become such a big deal... people used to die young & often all the time. Now we just prolong it, till you are old & feeble & full of cancer, then we finally wither away :clueless:

- PlasticMan - 11-22-2002

Yeah, but to die because your two assholes wanted to feel what it was like to kill someone...well that would just piss me off.

- Danked - 11-22-2002

I feel terrible today. :-(

I would happily go deliver pizzas right now.

- Hybrid - 11-22-2002

i'd happily eat pizzas right now

- Danked - 11-22-2002

Will you please shoot me if I bring you one?

- Arthur Dent - 11-22-2002

Hard question. Deep down, it's probably the simple fact that we want OUR OWN lives to have great value and be protected and recognise the fact that to secure this, we need to place value and protection on ALL human life. In other words, we're selfish.

But, that's the cynical answer.

I'd prefer to think that every human life is unique and full of potential. And that the ending of that potential and that unique contribution to our world is a crime that can never be undone.

- Goatweed - 11-22-2002

extra cheese and anchovies......mmmmmm :-D

- Hybrid - 11-22-2002

sure danked, if you really want.

- DGW - 11-22-2002

it's all about who has the most cookies when it's over

- Danked - 11-22-2002

I'd eat some pizza too, but it hurts to swallow.

- Hey Ladi - 11-22-2002

Quote:Yeah, but to die because your two assholes wanted to feel what it was like to kill someone...well that would just piss me off.
oh I didn't mean it like that ... I feel bad they were shot! it's the one's on trial I don't feel bad for

but I found it odd, that he wants to go on living. does he think he can one day be a productive member of society again

awww have some tea Danked :fuggin:

- Danked - 11-22-2002

I did have some tea. With a little taste of honey and some rasberry. Helped a bit.

No :fuggin: though. I can't handle it right now.

- The Painter - 11-22-2002

Human life is not that precious and unique. Millions of people have lived and died, that you never knew and made no difference to your life. The life of one virus can effect you more that the life and death of 10 million Indians (India), Just ask Danked. If a hooker junkie dies by one of the tunnels does it really affect your life? NO, it doesn't.. We are nothing more that another organism on this planet. Live, reproduce and die. That's it. Put us all in a petri dish, and we will follow the bell curve , just as every other organism.. Most people's lives end in failure, not glorious success Name the guy the pyramids were built for,.........now name 10 slaves who pushed stones to the sites and built it. Name 3 people who did the brick work on the Empire State Building. Even over the millenniums, it doesn't change.

Danked.... Try drinking a half a bottle of Jack Daniel's. Put on 3 or 4 extra blankets, and go to sleep. You'll wake up soaked, but you'll feel better.

- Danked - 11-22-2002

Sounds good to me.

- Sweet Angel - 11-23-2002

Danked, I recommend hot tea with blackberry brandy.

- Danked - 11-23-2002

If only I had it. Just the tiniest bit of spiced rum left.

Guess I'm sticking to my honey and rasberry syrup for now.

- Sweet Angel - 11-23-2002

What's wrong with you anyway? Cold? Flu?

- PeterDragon - 11-23-2002

I feel the answer is somewhere between Arthur Dent and Painter.

Each individual life may not mean much, exept our own life to us.
however, we never know which of those lives will turn into a Leonardo DaVinci, nor do we know who will become Adolf Hitler.

some people hold value to life because of religious reasons - kinda "do unto others..".
others have a bent vision - because of religion. (the you don't think what I think, so you must be destroyed)

While our lives might mean little in the cosmic scheme of things, if we thought that way we would be too depressed to live - that is why people need to invent reasons why we are important.
Ego is a necessary part of survival.

Now, who has that tea with Jack Daniels?

- ClusterF@#$ - 11-23-2002

I live only blocks away from the tunnels... how come no one told me there are hookers there?!!!!! You find out useful information in the damndest places... who knew that a serious thread would reveal where to get hookers?!!!!

I don't think that murderers think about life and death until they are confronted by it... especially when it comes to pleading for their lives. These guys obviously didn't think about the repurcussions before-hand. They sure are thinking about it now though! It's like the guys who find Jesus in jail.. they get time to think about what they've done alone in a 6 foot cell. That's a lot of thinking time..... and when 'the man' comes down with with the vengeful hand, that's when they REALLY think about it. Maybe they really come to their senses.... maybe it is a front. Maybe some are so sick, they have no remorse.

I don't think that a murderer like this has any concept of how fleeting and precious life is when it comes to the third person.... but it sure has potential to turn shit around when their own life is at stake. Completely selfish and deplorable.

- FAST FREDDY - 11-23-2002

If youre still sick today, try some Tennessee Tea

5 oz. Tea (plain)
3 oz. Jack Daniels
Tspn. Honey
Lemon (optional)

Make sure to heat the Jack Daniels but DO NOT MICROWAVE!
Either put the bottle in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes or hold bottle under hot running water.

Tenn Tea kicks the shit out of Bluberry Creme!

Confusedmokey: