CDIH
WWE Smackdown 3 - Shut Your Mouth! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: WWE Smackdown 3 - Shut Your Mouth! (/showthread.php?tid=4274)

Pages: 1 2

- PatCooper - 11-24-2002

I rented this today and it's Damn good. So much better than the last two. Maybe even the best wrestling game to date. Mostly all of the current WWE roster is in the game. Including the NWO, Shawn Michaels and yes Brock Lesner. The moves are much more true to the real thing. The wrestlers sell the moves better. They just dont pop back up after a superplex like in the prior two games. A must have for any wrestling fan.

- Gooch - 11-24-2002

Gameplay: No Mercy for N64 was best

Create-A-Wrestler/Wrestling Storyline/Graphics - Smackdown 3 PS2

- PatCooper - 11-24-2002

I've always liked No Mercy. But this blows it out of the water. I even like the matrix effect with the camera angles during the finishers. My only complaint is that the crowd still looks lime crap. And the signs in the crowd are pretty lame too.

- Hybrid - 11-25-2002

no mercy was such an amazing game.

- QuickStop - 11-25-2002

the last wrestling game i played that i really liked was wcw/nwo revenge for n64 and that had great gameplay. I think i stopped buying n64 games before THQ got the WWF license.

- Hybrid - 11-25-2002

no mercy is just revenge with wwf people and more cool stuff

- QuickStop - 11-25-2002

oh...well then im sure it was great. especially since wcw sucked.

- PatCooper - 11-29-2002

The coolest move in the game by far is RVD's frogsplash off the ladder through a table.

- Teenweek - 11-29-2002

Quote:The wrestlers sell the moves better

I am surprised no one has said the obvious HHH joke here.

- Sir O - 11-30-2002

I rented this game too. It doesn't suck like every other Smackdown game, but to call it the best wrestling game is just wrong. FirePro D and No Mercy are still way better.

- PatCooper - 11-30-2002

I never played Firepro D. But smackdown is just as good as no mercy was 2 years ago.

- x-file - 12-14-2002

I bought this game last week, and haven't played it untill couple days ago. Now that I've started, I can't put it down. Not even to go back to play GTA:VC. Not only are the graphics and wrestlers look almost dead on, but the storyline mode is 10 times better than any other wrestling game. Its alot more life-like than any other of the wrestling games to date.

- LyricalGomez - 12-14-2002

Quote:The coolest move in the game by far is RVD's frogsplash off the ladder through a table.

Nope, Big Slow doing a frogsplash onto an opponent is the best move ever....Or even better, Big Show doing the Swanton

- x-file - 12-16-2002

How do you get big show to do a frog splash?

- LyricalGomez - 12-16-2002

You have to be fighting RVD and have to have two of the dots at the top filled, then climb the top rope and hit L1 and L2....You can do this any time you have two dots to use your opponents finisher against them.

- x-file - 12-16-2002

sweet, thanks for the tip :toast:

- GonzoStyle - 12-17-2002

I rented the game last night and I can't stop playing it. I never played no mercy so I can't compare the two but this one is heads above any of the past games. I agree that the best addition is the fact the wrestlers take bumps more realisticly. My only complaint is that some of the story lines trip up a little bit.

But the load times are super fast compared to the last smackdown game for PS1, that was such a fuckin drag. I just lost the undisputed title to booker t in the Hell in the cell. Is it me or is booker t's facial expression seem a little like those old black dolls from the 1920's and 30's, with the open mouth and big eyes...

- LyricalGomez - 12-17-2002

Quote:My only complaint is that some of the story lines trip up a little bit.

Thus it perfectly matches the wwe

- x-file - 12-17-2002

In addition of great aspects of the game, I love the fact that the NWO has no scott hall. Yes, there is x-pac but not for long. When hogan turns good and they have him hulk up is sweet. Michaels coming in the way he does with NWO is sweet. Just more bonus points for the game. Great buy

- GonzoStyle - 12-17-2002

I'm up to the survivor series in the 1st season, is there any way to change your character during season play?