CDIH
Is this legal? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Is this legal? (/showthread.php?tid=4288)

Pages: 1 2

- SLASH - 11-25-2002

I got this email today, like I am sure all or most of you did -

Quote:Hello [email]<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">mailto:[email protected]</a><!-- e -->.[/email]

OA.com was a way for many people to connect, people who otherwise would never have met either online, or in real life. We will not sit and explain or expand on the rumors and stories of why the site was closed, that isn't our purpose. But we would like to offer those people who were once able to come together the chance to not lose touch. All of your former Opieanthony.com accounts have been reinstated on overthelimit.com. Sure many of our critics will say this was all a calculated plot, let them say what they will, we simply think to just let the medium die is a tragic waste.

This is however a different site. The in-fighting and drama that was tolerated on OA.com will not be tolerated here. If you would like to once again converse and have fun with some of the people you once knew there, then feel free to stick around and see where the future takes us.

To transfer your account goto this url:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.overthelimit.com/members/OAtransfer.cfm">http://www.overthelimit.com/members/OAtransfer.cfm</a><!-- m -->

Then enter your email address: [email protected]

-OpieAnthony.com

Is is legal to sign members of one site up to another without written permission? We agreed to the end user agreements with OpieAnthony.com. Nowhere in their privacy disclaimer did it say that we agreed to have our accounts transferred if we agreed to the user agreement.

Also, this is a clear cut case of SPAM. This is a sample of what legally needs to be put in an email to remove the liabilit6y of email abuse (SPAM) ---

Quote:This mail has been sent in response to your request to receive great offers from xyzcompany.
This letter Can Not be Considered Spam as long as we include the way to be removed.
To be removed from future mailings, simply go to our unsubscribe page: UNSUBSCRIBE

Lastly, I wonder when my account was reinstated, if it was reinstated in it's banned state, or is Matty boy saying, "Let's start fresh."

- Buttmunch - 11-25-2002

I guess I now know why he hasn't been in touch lately.

- Teenweek - 11-25-2002

Yeah I got that too. I was banned along with you Slash. I took a look at that site. There were 0 active topics today. :rofl: :banana:

I found this interesting. This was posted by someone I never heard of before.

Quote:Wrestle what?? We haven't seen any of those articles in ages. I enjoyed the laughs at WWE's most infamous' expenses.

Please can I have another helping of Wrestle This.

Froy's response should interest people that he is still thinking about you:

Quote:That's up to Gooch and the Slightly Better Than Scum crew.

Edited By Teenweek on 1038240274

- SLASH - 11-25-2002

Yea, "he's another phoney fuck, just like my dad" - Mark Hunter

What did you get banned for, TW?

Edited By SLASH on 1038240435

- LyricalGomez - 11-25-2002

I was curious so I tested it out

They didn't acctually transfer the accounts yet, rather there is an option to do so, you have to input your email and get a new temp password before it works.

- Danked - 11-25-2002

Or you can stick a needle in your eye.

- SLASH - 11-25-2002

Oh, ok, well the wording was as such that they were reinstated/transferred. Partially "MAH BAD", I guess. However, I still have him on the SPAM issue.

- The Jays - 11-25-2002

Quote:What did you get banned for, TW?

... copyright infringment? :-p

- Teenweek - 11-25-2002

you're hilarious. Think of that yourself. making up gay member names dealing with froy. like froysuckscock, or froyloveslittleboys

- The Jays - 11-25-2002

...I'm just goofing round, my bad :-)

- Teenweek - 11-25-2002

i know. :toast:

- LyricalGomez - 11-25-2002

After looking for about 2 minutes it's obvious why he needs members

- The Jays - 11-25-2002

I just got that e-mail... I could foward it to Tosspam and Tosemail1 at aol.... I had figured once a site is taken down and all the features I had signed on for in the first place are taken away, there is no reason for me to receive further e-mails....

- Brokenjaw - 11-25-2002

I go that e-mail today too. For shits and giggles I went threw the process and when it was all said and done, it said I am already a member. :clueless: I never joined OTL as Brokenjaw or any other name. Undecided

- Goatweed - 11-25-2002

I didn't get the email - what a tragedy :disappointed:

- Sloatsburgh - 11-25-2002

Guys, please come back. I need hits on my site so I can make dollars off of you fuckheads. I didn't say that. Please come back and play nice.

- Hybrid - 11-25-2002

i'll do it if it restores my massive god like post count again...nevermind.

- Goatweed - 11-25-2002

I'll sign up if he makes Miss Bear a mod.

- SLASH - 11-25-2002

Quote:I go that e-mail today too. For shits and giggles I went threw the process and when it was all said and done, it said I am already a member. I never joined OTL as Brokenjaw or any other name.

Quote:There are currently 1791 members in the database.

Well, unless that number goes over 20,000 over night, I won't bitch about that part. The SPAM is another issue.

- Gooch - 11-25-2002

Quote:We agreed to the end user agreements with OpieAnthony.com.

You have that in writing, Slashypooo????

Quote:I found this interesting. This was posted by someone I never heard of before.

Wrestle what?? We haven't seen any of those articles in ages. I enjoyed the laughs at WWE's most infamous' expenses.

Please can I have another helping of Wrestle This.

Froy's response should interest people that he is still thinking about you:

That's up to Gooch and the Slightly Better Than Scum crew.

How did I get involved in this issue??? Or is this a sidebar? I would like to be seperated from anything on this site regarding OTL. Thanks. :thumbs-up: