CDIH
Christmas at work - cheap fuckin bastards - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Christmas at work - cheap fuckin bastards (/showthread.php?tid=4423)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Maynard - 12-13-2002

OK...so today I got my "company" gift. It's a thermos. It's actually a pretty neat little gift but.....yes, theres always a but....

My company has a holiday party every year. It's at a really nice place. But...they charge you to bring a guest. ?????

Not only that....they also give Holiday bonuses. Last year mine was $20. Yeah....and that's after working here 3 years. This year is my 4th year....maybe it'll be up to $25!!! WOO HOO!

Now...I'm not greedy, and I think that the thought is nice. There's alot of companies that don't do anything at the holidays. But....I've NEVER gone to one of the holiday parties. Why not give me the $125 you're charging per person in my bonus? Why not keep the christmas and birthday gift you give us and instead give us an extra $20 in our bonuses?

It just makes me feel angry. Like I wanna shove this new thermos up my company's owners ass. :disappointed:

- Metalfan - 12-13-2002

Dude....we don't get a company gift, or a holiday bonus. We get our annual bonus in a few months.

We have a holiday party annually....but it is ON-SITE. Why? Because we have a facility room big enough to hold everyone in my division. Guests are not allowed....period.

Think of it this way man......you just got some more :fuggin: on the company!

- LZMF1 - 12-13-2002

at a previous job my old employer gave everyone MagLite flashlights! woo-muthafucking-hoo!!! i think that beats your thermos

Edited By LZMF1 on 1039793419

- Sloatsburgh - 12-13-2002

Wine party at Partner's condo in January

- GonzoStyle - 12-13-2002

That does suck, my christmas bonus at my last job was 200 and we could bring a guest with us to the party for free. Ofcourse the jew didn't throw our christmas party till febuary.

- Metalfan - 12-13-2002

Hold the fucking phone here people......LZ just fucking admitted to working at some point in his life and nobody picked up on that??? :poke:

- Goatweed - 12-13-2002

My firm used to have our Christmas party at the Seaport (Harbor Lights), but last year and this year they moved it to Fraunces Tavern (the reasoning is because it's a lot closer - it's a block and a half away from here). My firm doesn't give out gifts, and we're having a departmental party, but it's gonna be catered - in fact we're supossed to vote on it today, I think.

As for a bonus, I only get 4% - and I've been here 5+ years! Not to mention the fact that I don't even get the money until late January/early February. We had a great year this year (financially) but it never seems to trickle down to the admin - if we had a shitty year, you can bet your ass the admin would feel it, however.

- Maynard - 12-13-2002

Yeah Metal.....like I said....more and more companies are doing away with the "extras".

Wow...you get an annual bonus? How fuckin sweet. Is it more than $20?

Oh and we also got a pair of leather gloves. If you think 200 was a lot, the sales people got 500 for xmas bonuses.

- LZMF1 - 12-13-2002

metal....you're a quick one aren't you? :-p

BTW i worked with sluggo just to keep myself from getting bored.

Edited By LZMF1 on 1039793782

- Metalfan - 12-13-2002

May - my bonus should be about 15% this year....maybe a little less once they finalize results for the year. But in that range. So, in all honesty, I really can't complain.

LZ - I'm actually awake at work for a change, what can I tell you??? :banana:

Edited By Metalfan on 1039793868

- Sloatsburgh - 12-13-2002

LZ did not admit to working, just that someone paid him.

Quote:Hold the fucking phone here people......LZ just fucking admitted to working at some point in his life and nobody picked up on that???

Dude it's not like the guy is homeless he needs some source of income to supplement his drinking habits.

- LZMF1 - 12-13-2002

i used to work. i officially retired in 98. I RULE!!!!

- Metalfan - 12-13-2002

Quote:he needs some source of income to supplement his drinking habits.

Isn't that the allowance his wife gives him?

Edited By Metalfan on 1039793939

- LZMF1 - 12-13-2002

better yet....Mrs LZ (a.k.a. LZMF2) RULES!!!!!

Hey maymay are you gonna put tomato soup in your new thermos?

- Metalfan - 12-13-2002

:rofl: spoken like a man who knows where his bread is buttered :thumbs-up:

- LZMF1 - 12-13-2002

maynerd, you can fill it with miso soup!!! :thumbs-up:

But tomato soup is all the rage.