CDIH
Assassination Politics - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Assassination Politics (/showthread.php?tid=4515)

- Arthur Dent - 12-22-2002

Jim Bell is an anti-government nut. After giving a speech in front of a group of Minnesota extremists about punishing the IRS, the FBI took an interest in him. During a search of his house, they discovered bomb making materials and quantities of a chemical used in creating a chemical weapon. So, why do I mention him? Because he created the idea of Assassination Politics.

So, what is Assassination Politics? The idea is to create a website where people vote on which “government slimeball”, as Jim Bell called them, most deserves to die. Then, the people contribute to a betting pool to “predict” the day and time that person will die. Whoever is closest gets the bank.

Well, if you think about it, there’s no “betting” involved, since the winner will most likely be the assassin. Or, at least that’s the way Jim Bell envisioned it.

Only one person has actually tried it. Carl Johnson created a site called “Dead Lucky” that used the idea of Assassination Politics. However, the “nominees” were limited to people involved in Jim Bell’s trials. Johnson claimed the site was a spoof. The courts disagreed and Johnson served some time, since the site was considered a threat against the lives of the people listed. Oh, and Johnson suffers from Turrets Syndrome and OCD. Go figure.

And, as you can probably guess, law enforcement officials refuse to discuss the idea.

The story I saw this in asked questions about free speech rights, law on the internet, etc. But, I know the intelligencia on this site have no interest in those questions. Your probably thinking of questions like: Why hasn’t this been done before? How do I get my neighbor on the death list? Or maybe just, Why the fuck should I care? Whatever.

- Arpikarhu - 12-22-2002

are you asking a question or just trying to give us an opinion? i dont get the point to this post. is it to inform us of some arcane interest of yours? what reaction are you trying to solicit here? :clueless:

- Keyser Soze - 12-23-2002

does he wear lipstick and look like steve buschemi?

- Arpikarhu - 12-23-2002

Quote:does he wear lipstick and look like steve buschemi?
:lol:

- LyricalGomez - 12-23-2002

Quote:I know the intelligencia on this site have no interest in those questions.

Is this an attempt at an insult?

- Arpikarhu - 12-23-2002

its funny that he spelled intelligentsia wrong. :rofl:

Edited By Arpikarhu on 1040603783

- GonzoStyle - 12-23-2002

Are we gonna get in trouble for posting links to this dudes site, dent quit scaring me!!!!

- LyricalGomez - 12-23-2002

I hope you're happy

- Keyser Soze - 12-23-2002

wheres the link?

- GonzoStyle - 12-23-2002

oh my bad I thought I saw a link, nevermind. Good work Jesus Dent, keep on preaching.

- Mad - 01-01-2003

Keep in mind that if they are out to get you, they will. Planted evidence happens all the time. Government is out of control and so are it's minions.

DEATH TO ALL WHO OPPOSE FREEDOM!

- The Sleeper - 06-18-2003

DEATH TO ALL WHO OPPOSE SOCOM TOO! :5: