CDIH
NFL Playoffs - I hate San Francisco - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: NFL Playoffs - I hate San Francisco (/showthread.php?tid=4658)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- x-file - 01-06-2003

Confuseduicide:

Last week 2-2 (I hate the 49ers)

This week:
Bucs Def. 49ers (DIE SAN FRAN DIE)
Jets Def. Raiders
Titans Def. Steelers
Falcons Def. Eagles (I know the eagles will win, but I despise the eagles and there white trash fans)

- HollywoodJewMoses - 01-06-2003

Chris Collinsworth is the worst announcer ever

i like how he was screaming, PASS INTERFERENCE THEY ARE GOING TO BE CALLED FOR PASS INTERFERENCE, without even realizing it was a lineman down the field

no talent zilch

- GonzoStyle - 01-06-2003

McNabb = God

everyone will shut up about Vick next week when McNabb takes him to fucking school

- AdolescentMasturbator - 01-06-2003

Raiders(if woodson and crew are healthy)
Titans
Eagles
Bucs

However the 49ers have a chance against the Bucs imo. The Bucs will have trouble offensively like they always do and if the 49ers don't make stupid mistakes and let the Bucaneers defense score then they have a decent chance.

Edited By AdolescentMasturbator on 1041830860

no way that the top 2 seeds will both advance in both conferences

It's possible. I still think the Titans are going to be the AFC representative in the Super Bowl though.

- The Sleeper - 01-06-2003

Micheal Vick will own Mcnabb

good for him, unfortunately, its the eagles D he will have to worry about

Vick will cause some problems for the Philly D but I think overall they'll do better than most.

- Teenweek - 01-06-2003

Jets
Bucs
Titans
Eagles

- LyricalGomez - 01-06-2003

I hope Vick breaks his fucking leg next week and has to leave football. I don't mean a simple break, I mean I want the bone to jam out through the skin, and I want it to happen while he tries one of his stupid moves instead of just sliding.

Andy Reid is fucking around with the media, and its fucking amazing.

- Suzie - 01-06-2003

Quote:stupid moves instead of just sliding.

"Just sliding" is for your average QB who can stumble a few yards. Vick is like a running back who can throw. He doesn't need to slide, he can take a hit. He's sure to take more than a few from Philly but I think he'll still make it.

- LyricalGomez - 01-06-2003

If he wants to be a running back, be a running back. He will hurt himself, not even a running back does some of the stupid moves he does. A running back can still play with his arm a bit sore, a qb who might have to make some critical throws can ruin his chances by making poor decisions.

Vick is a glory hog, plain and simple, he will never be the player that McNabb is

- PeterDragon - 01-06-2003

Quote:Raiders(if woodson and crew are healthy)
well they're not - so either pick them w/o qualifications, or change it.

Jets beat Raiders (Raiders are better, but not be much, and I'll let enthusiasm rule this pick)
Titans over Steelers - steelers were lucky they were facing Browns
Eagles over Falcons - Vick wasn't facing Eagle caliber defense last week
49ers over Bucs - Bucs can't score with 2nd string Johnson at QB.
Quote:If he wants to be a running back, be a running back. He will hurt himself, not even a running back does some of the stupid moves he does. A running back can still play with his arm a bit sore, a qb who might have to make some critical throws can ruin his chances by making poor decisions.

Vick is a glory hog, plain and simple, he will never be the player that McNabb is

maybe yes, and maybe no. More than anything, Vick hopes to be the player McNabb is.
Running quarterbacks need to figure out that passing is 1st priority. If/When Vick does this, he'll move to to the top of the charts. Having said that, you can't really knock Vick - when has he shown he is going for personal stats over victory? he might not have learned yet, but he hasn't shown me he is all about himself.

- fbd - 01-06-2003

Quote:Vick is a glory hog, plain and simple, he will never be the player that McNabb is
for an example of this, watch any time that vick is flushed out of the pocket. a normal qb will look to throw, make a pump fake or two, and then just take off. vick gets flushed out, tucks the ball, and runs. he is not a fucking qb, i hope he gets and lt/theisman-like hit

- Teenweek - 01-06-2003

Play it again. Play it again.

Quote:Statement on last play of Giants-49ers game
NFL.com wire reports

Giants' holder could not have spiked ball

(Jan. 6, 2003) -- The New York Giants and San Francisco 49ers were informed that a defensive pass interference penalty should have been called on the final play of their NFC Wild Card Game.

A videotape review by NFL Director of Officiating Mike Pereira of the final play -- the Giants' 41-yard field goal attempt with six seconds remaining -- determined the following:

Tam Hopkins, No. 65, of the Giants lined up as the left guard and was illegally downfield on the pass attempt. The three flags thrown on this play were for this penalty.
Guard Rich Seubert, No. 69, was an eligible receiver on Giants field-goal attempts. This was reported to the officiating crew prior to the game as is routinely done before every game.
49ers defensive end Chike Okeafor interfered with Seubert downfield when he was attempting to catch Giants holder Matt Allen's pass. This defensive pass-interference penalty against the 49ers was not called.
If defensive pass interference had been called, there would have been offsetting penalties (ineligible receiver against the Giants and pass interference against the 49ers) with the down replayed at the original line of scrimmage, the San Francisco 23-yard line. Although time had expired, a game cannot end with offsetting penalties. Thus, the game would have been extended by one untimed down.
One additional note on the play: Allen did not have the option of spiking the ball to stop the clock, which only can be done by taking a hand-to-hand snap directly from the center. If Allen had spiked the ball, it would have been a penalty for intentionally grounding the ball and the game would have ended due to a 10-second runoff of the clock.

- PeterDragon - 01-06-2003

Here's another link with a less misleading title:
NFL: Niners should have been flagged for interference

What's worse - having your team screw up 2 field goals, or knowing you should have been allowed another chance to get it right, only to have the ref's go home city and screw it up?

:: usually it's my team that gets such a collassal collapse ::

- Teenweek - 01-06-2003

Quote::: usually it's my team that gets such a collassal collapse :
Well at least they play in the same stadium, so maybe the jets disease was contagious.