CDIH
NFL Referees should just die. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: NFL Referees should just die. (/showthread.php?tid=4691)

- Ronin - 01-07-2003

Giant game

Quote:NFL's statement on last play of Giants-49ers game

January 6, 2003

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL statement Monday regarding the final play of the 49ers' 39-38 playoff victory over the Giants on Sunday:

``A videotape review by NFL Director of Officiating Mike Pereira of the final play -- the Giants' 41-yard field goal attempt with six seconds remaining -- determined the following: ADVERTISEMENT
I want to lose
inches

-- Tam Hopkins, No. 65, of the Giants lined up as the left guard and was illegally downfield on the pass attempt. The three flags thrown on this play were for this penalty.

-- Guard Rich Seubert, No. 69, was an eligible receiver on Giants field-goal attempts. This was reported to the officiating crew prior to the game as is routinely done before every game.

-- 49ers defensive end Chike Okeafor interfered with Seubert downfield when he was attempting to catch Giants holder Matt Allen's pass. This defensive pass-interference penalty against the 49ers was not called.

-- If defensive pass interference had been called, there would have been offsetting penalties (ineligible receiver against the Giants and pass interference against the 49ers) with the down replayed at the original line of scrimmage, the San Francisco 23-yard line. Although time had expired, a game cannot end with offsetting penalties. Thus, the game would have been extended by one untimed down.

One additional note on the play: Allen did not have the option of spiking the ball to stop the clock, which only can be done by taking a hand-to-hand snap directly from the center. If Allen had spiked the ball, it would have been a penalty for intentionally grounding the ball and the game would have ended due to a 10-second runoff of the clock.''

edit: THIS IS THE GUY! Ron Winter, scum.

Edited By Ronin on 1041949677

- HollywoodJewMoses - 01-07-2003

this story was much better when i read it in the NFL Playoffs thread :thumbs-up:

- Ronin - 01-07-2003

my bad. I was just really upset about this so I didn't look for it.

- Teenweek - 01-07-2003

someone on espn radio had this idea. fly both teams to tamba bay on sunday. Lineup for the kick about an hour before the bucs game. If the kick is good, the giants play the bucs, if the kick is no good because god knows the snapper, holder, or kicker will fuck it up anyway, than the 49ers play the bucs.

Never happen, but how cool would that be. That game might get a higher rating than the Super Bowl.

- Arpikarhu - 01-07-2003

like the giants blowing a 24 point lead late in the third had nothing to do with the loss. they have no one to blame but themselves

that may be the worst idea i have ever heard in my entire life

- Teenweek - 01-07-2003

Quote:that may be the worst idea i have ever heard in my entire life

Would it be a bad idea if the eagles got screwed the same way against the falcons, or is it just a bad idea because it is the giants. They used the george brett kansas city royals vs yankees game as precedent.

And yes the giants don't deserve a 2nd chance because they blew a 24 point lead.

Edited By Teenweek on 1041960827

yes, it would be a bad idea if the eagles got screwed. THE GAME IS OVER, GET OVER IT

- Ronin - 01-07-2003

when's the last time the eagles won the super bowl? i forgot.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I GET IT. THEY NEVER HAVE. SO THAT MEANS THIS YEARS TEAM IS BAD!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

- Teenweek - 01-07-2003

well if they lose to the falcons, won't it be a very dissappointing season

- Ronin - 01-07-2003

WBK, it's a curse.. Eagles won't win. Face it.

no
and
no