CDIH
Jim Fassell is a fucking pussy - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Jim Fassell is a fucking pussy (/showthread.php?tid=4721)

- Teenweek - 01-08-2003

Everyone is at fault but Fassell

I agree with this article 1000% I cannot stand him. Yes he has been a consistent good coach. But after all this you saw what type of coach he is. He places the blame on everybody else but himself.

He said they go over that drill in practice every week. He did not need to tell Matt Allen what to do. When San Fran called time out to ice Bryant, why didn't Fassell pull Allen aside and just reiterate, it's 3rd down, do this, do that if things break down. That is what a good coach does. Even the best have brain freezes when the pressure is on the line. Perfect example look at Chris Webber calling a timeout for Michigan when they had no timeouts.

Fassel has no balls to blame the kicking team for a situation they should have no business being in anyway. The defense flat out sucked in the 4th quarter. Terrell Owens used Sehorn more than turnstile at Grand Central. Where was Fassell when the team was losing it's call and got back to back unsportsmanlike penalities. I can understand one, but Owens was a fucking prick and it is Fassel's responsibitiy to make sure it did not happen a 2nd time.

If it was not for the kicking game, they would not have beaten the Eagles a week ago. They need a new punter because Allen sucks at that but don't blame him for the loss. Also Bryant was a surprise this year and I did not think he had a bad season. You can pretty much guarantee if there is any alternative he is not back next season.

And for all the morons who blame Shockey for dropping that catch in the end zone to ice the game, they were up by 21 fucking points at the time in the 3rd quarter. No way should that catch have mattered.

The buck stops with fassel and he showed how great of a coach he really was in that 4th quarter as the Giants just handed that game to the 49ers.

Using Herm Edwards as an example, did he put the blame on Chrebet for losing the Bears game. No he didn't. Because it never should have come down to that last play. Fassel showed what a gutless coward he really is.

- LyricalGomez - 01-08-2003

A coach should never use any player as a scapegoat

- Keyser Soze - 01-08-2003

i agree wholeheartedly with everything teenweek wrote and was shocked to find a commentary here instead of a cut and paste of an article.

- Teenweek - 01-08-2003

Thank you keyser for the kind words.

- Keyser Soze - 01-08-2003

another thing, fassell is a glory queen. he puts himself in the spotlight only when its beneficial to him. he took over the offense and took credit for the Giants somewhat improving their scoring opportunities. he made his "im going to the playoffs, whose with me" speech so that if they made it you could point to that statement as the turning point.

but when it comes to blame, and taking responsibility for making your players aware of situations in a game and controlling your team, not allowing them to get into stupid fights that cost them valuable yardage, thats poor leadership. i can understand the first fight, but after that one, he should have taken them aside and made sure they didnt do it again.

- HedCold - 01-09-2003

Quote:Perfect example look at Chris Webber calling a timeout for Michigan when they had no timeouts.
but chris webber is just stupid

- Teenweek - 01-09-2003

Quote:but chris webber is just stupid
Well that's true. I could not come up with an example of a white guy being stupid though, except for anything Fassell does.