CDIH
Quicken - New version help - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Quicken - New version help (/showthread.php?tid=4933)

- Sweet Angel - 01-20-2003

I bought a new computer over the weekend and it came with Quicken 2002. My old computer had Quicken 1999. How can I import my files onto the new one? I backed it up, but I can't figure out how to transfer it. It's not as simple as copying the file.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

- LZMF1 - 01-20-2003

SA did you check out their website? you can usually find answers to questions like that there.

my wife would know how to do that. i'll ask her when she gets back home. i'll see if i can find a solution for you and post it sometime today. :thumbs-up:

- Paper Boy - 01-20-2003

i had to do this also when getting a new comp. i had different versions of Quicken and i don't remeber exactly what i did but i got it to work somehow.

you should have a little diskette with your backup files on it
stick that disk in the new computer
open Quicken
goto file
then click open
find your diskette drive, should be D or something and click ok

i think this should work. if it doesn't, i don't think it will hurt anything so it's worth a try.

LZ, I'd appreciate if you could ask your wife.

PaperBoy, I'll try what you said, and let you know. It's only 2-1/2 years worth of stuff, but I use if for a lot and would hate to have to start from scratch.

Thanks guys!

- LZMF1 - 01-20-2003

she should be home by 1 this afternoon.

i think paperboy is correct though.

Okay, I tried what you guys suggested and here's the message I got:

"Quicken 2002 New User Edition cannot open files created in previous versions of Quicken. To use your old date, reinstall your old version of Quicken or upgrade to Quicken 2002 Deluxe for only $29.95" :disappointed:

:crackhead: :crackhead: POOPIES! :crackhead: :crackhead:
Anybody got a version of Quicken 2002 Deluxe I can "borrow"?

- Luna - 01-21-2003

Hmmmm......this probably will be no help, but, I'd just uninstall the new version and then install the old version if the old version works for you, Sweet.

I wish I knew more about this stuff. :clueless:

- PeterDragon - 01-21-2003

Quote:Anybody got a version of Quicken 2002 Deluxe I can "borrow"?
you can either follow LunaBabe's suggestion (if it ain't broke...), or
you can borrow copies. By the way, I have Quicken Home & Business 2003.
It's been out for a while. If you don't how to get it off of usenet, direct connect etc. PM me, and if we can find an ftp to use, you can look it over.

- Sweet Angel - 01-21-2003

I'm thinking I should just spend the $30 for the upgrade.

Luna, I COULD use the old version (if I had the first clue how to install it -- it was pre-installed on the old PC), but everything else is new...I don't want a "old" program on my "new" PC. :-D

- Luna - 01-21-2003

Quote:I'm thinking I should just spend the $30 for the upgrade.
Sometimes it is worth it to upgrade. Sometimes......