CDIH
Game Cube - Anyone? Anyone? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Game Cube - Anyone? Anyone? (/showthread.php?tid=5032)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Maynard - 01-23-2003

OK, so I got one of these for my birthday. Why GameCube?

Well, cause I like alot of the games for it. I don't usually like playing the really long games. I like shit like MArio Brothers and whatnot.

Does anyone else have this? If so, what should I get?

BTW....they already have a network adapter and are starting to make exclusive games for it. Phantasy Star Online is the first of the group.

- LZMF1 - 01-23-2003

who gave it to you?

it may have been given to you because the pricetag is the smallest of all the 2nd generation gaming systems.

i'm not saying that the person that gave it to you is broke but maybe they didn't wanna shell out 50 more dollars for a PS2 or an XBOX.

i gave up on nintendo after the N64 fiasco.

if you haven't opened, it ask the giver of this lovely gift for the receipt and run out and get yourself a real system.

- Keyser Soze - 01-23-2003

your lucky if they still make games for this thing in 2 years.

- Goatweed - 01-23-2003

it all depends on the games. It's been said time and time again - a system is only as good as the games that can be played on it. Nintendo is trying to keep the "family oriented" moniker, but I think if they want to be a real competitor they need to start releasing more adult-themed games. Mario-type games just won't cut it (I also enjoy a good Mario game, but no Mario game can compete with a Vice City or a SOCOM or a Splinter Cell).

i hear the new Zelda kicks ass tho

- Jack - 01-23-2003

You should put it back in its box, wrap it with brown paper, put my address on it, put enough stamps on it to mail, and give it to your mailman. I will know what to do with it once it arrives.

he'll turn it into a server

- LyricalGomez - 01-23-2003

As someone who has all three systems I can tell you without hesitation to keep it.

Quote:your lucky if they still make games for this thing in 2 years.

The same can be said for the other 2 systems so that's not really an argument in this case (both Microsoft and Sony are already developing the chipsets for the next system)

Quote:i gave up on nintendo after the N64 fiasco.

What fiasco? Being the hottest selling toy for the longest time? Being sold on Ebay for thousands of dollars? N64 was far from a fiasco, everybody said it would fail, everyone said sony would bury it, but it stuck around to the end and had plenty of great games despite everybody doubting it. The N64 was far from a fiasco.

Quote:Nintendo is trying to keep the "family oriented" moniker

Just so you know, the PS2 has more family oriented games than the Gamecube, and PS2 is the ONLY platform that censored BMX XXX, so who's trying to be family oriented?

Quote:Mario-type games just won't cut it (I also enjoy a good Mario game, but no Mario game can compete with a Vice City or a SOCOM or a Splinter Cell).

But Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness can. People tend to forget that Nintendo paid VERY good money to make sure Resident Evil is Gamecube exlusive. This kiddie image everyone says they have is based on the past, Eternal Darkness was about as far away from a kiddie game as you can get. Oh, and Splinter Cell will be released for Gamecube, and by all accounts the graphics will surpass those of the other two systems, they acctually delayed the release because they wanted to spend more time giving the game a facelift.

I'd get Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 are great if you just have a few minutes to kill, Eternal Darkness (even if you don't like long involved games you will get sucked in by this one), Zelda (when it comes out), Animal Crossing, Metroid(even if the first person perspective seems weird at first you won't even care after 5 minutes), Rogue Squadron is fucking awesome, Bounty Hunter is sweet...That should get you started.

Oh, and although Gamecube costs less than PS2, you will find that most games look better on Gamecube than they do on PS2.

- fbd - 01-23-2003

i have cube too...
Quote:I'd get Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 are great if you just have a few minutes to kill, Eternal Darkness (even if you don't like long involved games you will get sucked in by this one), Zelda (when it comes out), Animal Crossing, Metroid(even if the first person perspective seems weird at first you won't even care after 5 minutes), Rogue Squadron is fucking awesome, Bounty Hunter is sweet...
sunshine gets old fast, though. animal crossing is fun for awhile, but after a few weeks where you do the same thing, it gets boring. and bounty hunter sucks. the whole scanning process is gay.
star fox and clone wars are good, too

- LZMF1 - 01-23-2003

IMO the N64 was a joke because of all of the [i]kiddie[/] games for it. the sports games on it sucked. that is why i called it a fiasco. they dropped the price of it and they're still being outsold by the other two systems.

it may be a mental image from the past but it stuck and i'm sticking to my guns on that one....i will never buy another nintendo product.

- Jack - 01-23-2003

2 words... Goldeneye 64 Nuff Said.

Gamecube was cheaper from the start, X-box had the bigger pricedrop.

Oh, and Gamecube was acctually outselling X-Box for the longest time, Splinter Cell just spiked the sales of the system the same way Vice City did for PS2.

Quote:sunshine gets old fast, though. animal crossing is fun for awhile, but after a few weeks where you do the same thing, it gets boring. and bounty hunter sucks. the whole scanning process is gay.

Sunshine gets old if you play it for 4 hours a day, something that I doubt Maynard is going to do, it's perfect for just kicking back and playing for a few minutes. Bounty Hunter is awesome, and you don't have to scan people if you don't want to.

Quote:star fox and clone wars are good, too

Star Fox, yes, Clone Wars is too fucking short

Another One Jack

Zelda

- LZMF1 - 01-23-2003

Quote:Goldeneye 64
i'll admit that that game rocked and maybe killer instinct gold too.

aside from those 2 there was nothing to play on that system

- Hybrid - 01-23-2003

INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR SOCCER 64 OWNS ALL OF YOU

Quote:Being sold on Ebay for thousands of dollars?

I can get thousands for the N64 collecting dust in my closet?

Are you high?

1080 Snowboarding
Banjo Kazooie
Jet Force Gemini
Perfect Dark
Turok 2

Just to name a few

Quote:I can get thousands for the N64 collecting dust in my closet?

You forgetting when an N64 was impossible to find and they were selling them for thousands of dollars? I almost sold mine but I was too addicted to Zelda at the time.

oh, you had me excited there for a min

- Jack - 01-23-2003

Conkers Bad Fur Day