CDIH
Game Prices - Anyone else notice this... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Game Prices - Anyone else notice this... (/showthread.php?tid=5217)

Pages: 1 2

- Skitchr4u - 02-04-2003

I was at the gamestop the other day, and noticed that prices on a games has gone down. Not all games mind you, but some new games are coming out at $39.95 instead of $49.95...anyone else notice this? I saw it on both new Resident Evil games as well as the Getaway...yet other games that have been out for a while (GTA3) was still $49.95...anyone else see this, or know why it might be happening?

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 02-04-2003

Perhaps teh economy has something to do with it...no one is buying the high priced games so they're lowering the price to make more sales...Just a theory...

- QuickStop - 02-04-2003

as far as i know, any PS2 game published by sony is $10 cheaper than normal. ratchet and clank, the getaway...both published by sony. other than that, i think some stores just lower the price on new popular games just to up the sales for their store.

- Danked - 02-04-2003

I just ordered The Getaway and Mister Mosquito (don't ask me why) from Amazon.com. Should get them by the end of the week. :firebounce:

- QuickStop - 02-04-2003

i heard the getaway sucks

- Danked - 02-04-2003

I got the demo in the PS2 magazine, but it didn't work. I bought it on impulse hoping it wouldn't turn into another State of Emergency debacle.

- LyricalGomez - 02-04-2003

I think Sony might be doing another one of their cheaper games promotion. They did it on PS1 and wound up spiking sales for a while.

- kindred - 02-04-2003

The last few games I have bought have been off Ebay. They are new, sealed games. So far, I haven't had any problems with the games and I've paid less than half the retail price.

- Goatweed - 02-04-2003

Games are what makes these companies $$ - NOT the consoles. Since Sony has been around for a while, I think they feel they can reduce prices on a few new games and not lose any kind of profit. Aren't there "Classics" series of games that are going for like $30?

Hopefully this is the beginning of a trend because $50 for a game really is kinda high - even if it's a great game.

Classics are 20 bucks a pop

- Skitchr4u - 02-04-2003

yeah, the classics are $20, but they also have been out a while...

oh, and i watched a kid playing the getaway the other day, and it looked great...just gotta remember to drive on the left side of the road.

as for the prices, i thought they were so expensive because it cost a lot to make them (development team, advertising, etc)...maybe that is why sony is lowering hte price but not the rest of the developers...

- Maynard - 02-04-2003

Game prices are ridiculous. It becomes impossible to afford the new games because who can shell out $50 a pop on a regular basis?

USusally what I do is rent from Blockbuster. They give them to you for a week and it's just the right amount of time for me with most games. I can either beat it in that week, or just get bored of it. Any game I like enough, I'll buy.

I buy alot of used games from Blockbuster and EB, the great thing about EB is you can buy a game, and if you beat it in say a week or so, you can still return it, you can even tell them that you beat the game and they'll still accept it as a valid reason.

Gotta love a return policy like that, you avoid getting screwed with short games.

- GonzoStyle - 02-05-2003

I heard the getaway is a good game but very hard to control.

- The Jays - 02-05-2003

... I cannot beat a game like Final Fantasy in a week... it takes weeks, even months, of effort...

- LyricalGomez - 02-05-2003

Yes, but you don't feel ripped off either, now do you? I bought Clone Wars and thought it was an awesome game, but I beat it in like 3 days, I just returned it and got Smackdown for it.

- Maynard - 02-05-2003

That happened with Medal Of Honor. Glad I rented that one. The game is fucking AWESOME. But I beat it in 4 or 5 days.

I forgot to tell you guys, I returned my PS1 and all my games to GameStop, and ended up getting $75 for it. So I bought 2 new games. Fuckin rock on. I ended up getting $20 for the system, and EBX only was going to give me $7 for it.

- LyricalGomez - 02-05-2003

I know alot of people don't go to EB or Gamestop because they say the prices are higher, but they acctually have a pricematch guarantee, so if it's cheaper somewhere else, tell them and they'll match the price.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 02-05-2003

I don't play console games. I don't buy my PC games either. I am a leech and parasite of the underground world of software piracy. It feels good.

- QuickStop - 02-05-2003

even though you aren't really supposed to, I have returned a few pc games to best buy. If i didnt like the game, or i beat it, i just put that little sticker back on and tell them it was a birthday gift and i already have the game. one time, i actually had to construct a makeshift sticker using scotch tape and a razor blade to cut it into a circular shape.