CDIH
What games are you Playing? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: What games are you Playing? (/showthread.php?tid=5250)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- Danked - 09-20-2004

Inwardly, I cry every time I see the Fable commercial or read a review for it and realize that it is an XBox exclusive.

- QuickStop - 09-20-2004

go buy an xbox then. $150 is chump change for us telemarketers

- Danked - 09-20-2004

I've considered it, but I don't have see many games for the system that I just absolutely have to play. Doesn't seem worth it.

- QuickStop - 09-20-2004

thats why you make it worth it by throwing a mod chip in and downloading/buying "backups" for very cheap prices. there are a lot more games that are worth the $5 as opposed to the $50

- Goatweed - 09-20-2004

Danked Wrote:I've considered it, but I don't have see many games for the system that I just absolutely have to play. Doesn't seem worth it.
[Image: halo2.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

:5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5: :5:

- Mad - 09-21-2004

Just picked up Star Wars: Battlefront for the PS2 and the lag is awful.

Game plays not too bad, but with all the mouth breathers online I'm glad the mics don't work most of the time.

- Goatweed - 09-21-2004

it's amazing to hear 12 year olds just learning how to say the word "fuck", isn't it?

- HedCold - 09-21-2004

my friend is playing fable now and he's just walked around for the last hour and did absolutely nothing. so painful to watch

- Ronin - 09-21-2004

Mad Wrote:Just picked up Star Wars: Battlefront for the PS2 and the lag is awful.

Game plays not too bad, but with all the mouth breathers online I'm glad the mics don't work most of the time.
that might be because it is the first day though..

i was thinking of buying it but i think i am going to wait until they improve the online gaming part..

Would you recommend buying it?

Edited By Ronin on 1095796082

- Mad - 09-21-2004

It's not as good as SOCOM online.

I don't know what the deal is with GameSpy, but I think they're the ones running the servers and once those little bastards got out of school it's been lag city. There was also a patch available as soon as you logged on. Is that a good thing?

- Goatweed - 09-21-2004

I hear the x-box version is smooth online.

- Mad - 09-21-2004

Most likely cause XBox peeps pay for their shit.

It reminds of HALO or Unreal 2004 with the smoothness of neither one.

- GonzoStyle - 09-21-2004

so with online play would you reccomend an xbox or ps2?

and does ps2 have the headsets cause I would enjoy that more so than playing the game.

- Goatweed - 09-22-2004

financially, the PS2 is better 'cause its free - with the x-box, it's $50 a year. but with the PS2, you tend to get a lot of laggy games, cause its free and everyone jumps on - with MS, you pay for (in my experience), very stable server connects.

PS2 has more games, however - so its a tough call.

- Goatweed - 09-22-2004

they both have headsets, also.

- Gooch - 09-22-2004

xbox is amazing....no regrets here. better machine. but, yes, ps2 has more games. for online play, xbox is considered better (my brother has ps2) but then again, i can't say for sure b/c i haven't done that with mine...just what i hear. Xbox has Halo 2 in November. Ps2 has Grand Theft Auto. if there are certain games that are have-to's..then those games will determine which system.

- GonzoStyle - 09-22-2004

I just want the headset so i can severly damage a bunch of 12 year olds for life.

- LZMF1 - 09-22-2004

Mad Wrote:Just picked up Star Wars: Battlefront for the PS2 and the lag is awful.

the game is aesthetically awesome...and it plays very well but the online experience sucks donkey dick.

no USB keyboard support....no friends lists.....it's a bitch to find a game and if you do find one that claims it is empty you'll try to connect and it'll claim it is full.

also.....how the fuck do you have a PC dedicated game or a PS2 dedicated game?
i'm guessing that they're going to be forced to release a patch that will address some of the issues that the game has.....

the 1st game i played a had 29 frags and a mere 6 deaths

the aircraft are torturous to fly....you're better of staying on the ground.

Edited By LZMF1 on 1095823219

- Mad - 09-22-2004

You can dominate the Battlefield with the walkers on that snow map.

I think Gamespy really screwed the pooch with the servers and their setup. It's a hell of a lot different then a PC game, that's for sure.

Killed Jar-Jar numerous times too and enjoyed it.

I suck at sniping, the missile thing never kills for me and I could give two shits about the health dude.

Blasting away at those evil fucking robots is what I do best.

- LZMF1 - 09-22-2004

i agree....the way the servers are set up suck ass...why can't it just automatically sort the games on the server? that sure as shit would make things much easier...but no you have to hit sort and refresh multiple times.