CDIH
WWE News & Updates - 02/13/03 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: WWE News & Updates - 02/13/03 (/showthread.php?tid=5297)

Pages: 1 2

- GonzoStyle - 02-13-2003

- Torrie Wilson’s Playboy pictorial is due to be released in stores near the end of March, just before WrestleMania. Wilson of course will be the cover girl for the issue. WWE has already started talking about the issue, as they were teasing about it last night at the SmackDown tapings.

- The overall attitude with Steve Austin backstage at RAW Monday night was good. It has been reported that there was some heat and bitter feelings between some guys and Austin, as some still hold grudges from the way he left WWE previously. However, most feel that Austin was just frustrated with the writing team and has moved past that and feel that Austin will offer a lot of help with the television ratings, attendance, and more in WWE.

- After Armageddon, there were some high influencing people who tried to "bury" Edge as a main eventer, especially after his rematch with A-Train by saying that he was punching and kicking too much even though Edge was told beforehand to wrestle like that because it was a grudge match. Edge's status is said to be fine now because he has since worked some good matches with Team Angle.

- Many feel that the reason that Triple H keeps getting injured is because he has virtually became too big for his body. Your body can only take so much muscle mass and has to be in proportion or your body starts to work against itself. Industry sources have said that WWE will probably instruct Triple H to lighten up in the gym, to keep him healthier in the long run. This seeming to not be that easy considering Triple H is big on fitness.

- There was a recent internet report a few weeks ago about the Rock possibly retiring from WWE. Apparently, the real story is that the Rock is greatly planning on reducing his involvement in WWE for the next few years but he hopes to return sometime in the future in a full-time capacity when he isn't as popular in Hollywood. In regard to him purchasing the rights to "The Rock" trademark, WWE sources report that no such deal exists though there have been talks in the past with nothing finalized. The Rock is currently scheduled to work from February through to April, but could stay longer if his upcoming movie role doesn't pan out.

- As reported before, when negotiations between WWE and Goldberg go extensively underway, the company was insisting to Goldberg that he wrestle at least 10 shows per month. Goldberg reportedly countered by saying he would do the originally talked about two PPV deal (Wrestlemania, Backlash) before taking some time off and returning six months later, presumably at Survivor Series. This wasn't to WWE's liking and because of it, negotiations are now at a standstill and sources report that it is unlikely anything will get done in time for Wrestlemania 19.

- The tenative lineup for Wrestlemania 19 as it stands now is for Steve Austin to return to face the Rock, Vince McMahon to wrestle Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle to take on Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho to wrestle Shawn Michaels. Austin has started the program with the Rock in the latest Raw Magazine, specifically alluding to the Rock's anti-Austin interview which happened soon after Austin walked out.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-13-2003

Quote:Steve Austin to return to face the Rock

jesus christ... AGAIN!?!?!?

- Teenweek - 02-13-2003

Isn't Austin on Raw and Rock on Smackdown? Or will those 2 be on both shows. Also who will HHH face. I would have rather seen Austin vs HHH.

- LyricalGomez - 02-13-2003

Triple H will face an opponent they scrambled to find at the last possible second

- Teenweek - 02-13-2003

The plan I read was if they sign Goldberg, Rock faces Goldberg and Austin faces HHH. If they sign Sting and not Goldberg, Rock faces Austin and HHH faces Sting. If neither sign Rock will face Austin and HHH might face Steiner again in some capacity or Booker T.

Remember when Sting said he'd never sign with McMahon?

It's funny how all the wrestlers start to change their minds when they notice the money running out.

remember when austin fought rock at wrestlemania?

Which one?

15 or 17

- Hybrid - 02-13-2003

if teenweek doesnt post the torrie wilson pictures the day they come out im going to be very upset

- Teenweek - 02-13-2003

if i find them i will post them. that should not stop anyone else who may find them.

They'll be posted in the Newsgroups as soon as they're out, so no worries, you'll get your nudie fix

BUT WHAT IF THEY ARENT ON KAZAA?!?!

d00d I dunno

- x-file - 02-13-2003

I was reading on another website about the WWE releasing D'Lo Brown. If thats the truth, wasn't the WWE so high on him recently about him coming through as the new big mid-card star. That turned out great. :lol:

- Hybrid - 02-13-2003

i have to use kazaa. even the people i know with hook ups dont hook me up.

- GonzoStyle - 02-13-2003

Austin fought rock at 2 wrestlemanias so far, Austin won both.

Then again Rock has never won a wrestlemania.

I'm kinda dissapointed in the whole Edge thing, then again Vince was said to be upset with him a few weeks ago.

- The Jays - 02-14-2003

... Rock vs Austin part III is just another symptom of the disease the WWE currently has.... nostalgiaitis. They realize that they have no big angles to run, and not enough quality wrestling happening from most of their guys. Austin/Rock, Hogan/McMahon, Jericho/ Michaels... they are putting their money on fantasy match-ups and their hopes on throwing shitting against the wall and seeing whats sticks with regards to the rest of the WWE....

- LyricalGomez - 02-14-2003

The worst part is

When that shit acctually turns out to be pretty good, they don't build on it

- Sir O - 02-14-2003

Yeah, um...nevermind...

Edited By Sir O on 1045279872