CDIH
See "EW" Later - Ewing gets his number retired - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: See "EW" Later - Ewing gets his number retired (/showthread.php?tid=5411)

- Teenweek - 02-27-2003

One of the greatest Knicks ever gets his number retired at halftime tomorrow night. Van GUndy, Checketts, John Thompson, Mike Jarvis, Michael Jordan, Chris Mullin are just some of the few people who will appear. I also saw MSG is doing some Ewing special at 7pm tomorrow I guess instead of Gamenight.

At least that will be fun to watch.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-27-2003

:crackhead:

- Teenweek - 02-27-2003

not a ewing fan, or you hate my non cut and paste headlines.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-27-2003

ewing is a scumbag

- Teenweek - 02-27-2003

It was better than the shit we have now. Ever hear Absense makes the heart grow fonder.

- The Sleeper - 02-27-2003

I hope I will remember to watch this

- Keyser Soze - 02-27-2003

To celebrate, I went to Continental last night to watch my Nets obliterate the Knicks. I felt like the Nets were playing a junior varsity team.

- PeterDragon - 02-28-2003

I wouldn't say Ewing is a scumbag, but I did get Damn tired of that attitude.

Shame is that Bernard King couldn't come back to play well with Ewing, and Cartwright didn't work well as twin towers.

Ewing gave everything on the court. I didn't particularly like him, but I respected him.

- Lord Slug - 02-28-2003

who?

- Ronin - 02-28-2003

i will always remember that shot he missed against the Pacers in the Div Finals. Or was it against Houston? I am not sure.. but fu to him.

go sit next to barkley.

- HedCold - 02-28-2003

Quote:i will always remember that shot he missed against the Pacers in the Div Finals
you mean the missed finger roll :rofl: :rofl:
that was sweet :thumbs-up:

- Teenweek - 02-28-2003

You forgot all his guarantees.

- The Sleeper - 03-01-2003

Quote:I hope I will remember to watch this
so much for that

- x-file - 03-01-2003

I always thought of ewing as the guy who didn't bring us to promised land. Never took us all the way to victory. But after seeing all the replays of ewings career leading up to today, and hearing about georgetown, early with the knicks and how he re-established them back at the top of the league, I realized I took him for granted.

I was the guy who always shouted, don't throw in the post, or great here comes another drop step runner in the lane or fade away on the post. But Ewing was a great player, dominateing player during his prime. I now know, I got watch one of the greats play in NY for years and years. He easily is one of the greatest Knicks of all time and in the top 20 of the NBA in general.

- x-file - 03-01-2003

about the cermonies, was nice to see Van Gundy there, crowd gave him a great reception. And I loved seeing the crowd boo unmercifully not once but after he paused and they were done and was about to speak, they booed a second time....alonzo mourning, Bastard.

But as great a player of all time, in the history, You can't cheer Jordan. He stood in Patricks way for his career to win a championship. Maybe its me, but I boo that sum bitch. :fuckoff:

- HedCold - 03-01-2003

Quote:and in the top 20 of the NBA in general.
top 20?!?

and i am forgetting alot of people
jordan
chamberlain
russel
bird
magic
kareem
west
shaq
isiah thomas
malone
hakeem
baylor
bob pettit
julius erving
charles barkley
oscar robertson
pete maravich
wilkins
george gervin
bob cousy

Edited By HedCold on 1046504663

- diceisgod - 03-01-2003

When are they going to release him back into the jungle?

- Arpikarhu - 03-01-2003

ewing was the only center who refused to play the low post. he was weak and selfish

- x-file - 03-01-2003

okay, maybe top 20 was a little too low. At least one of the leagues 50 top players all time. And as far as being selfish, yes he was. He wanted the ball most of the time. But every great player did, Jordan, barkley, Keem, shaq, kobe...they all do. Did ewing act more selfishly, at times yes. But doesn't take away from how great he was during his prime.