CDIH
Smackdown 2/21 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Smackdown 2/21 (/showthread.php?tid=553)

- Sean Cold - 02-22-2002

Wasn't it a little early to punk out the nWo?

And was Hall chosen for the beating since he pissed off the peeps backstage?

If Christian really did quit, is this really a bad thing?

Haven't Tazz & Spike had the most underrated title riegn of all time?

Isn't it about time to get another color guy in the mix already?

Am I the only person who fuckin cringed that Billy & Chuck actually won?

Was the Triple H match even worth airing?

How much does UPN suck ass for pushing such a big story for thier Ten o'clock news that wasn't even a blip on the fuckin radar?

- Gooch - 02-22-2002

Didn't you think that Stone Cold was going gonna make Hall his bitch? Especially after the hair fondling.

As for the early punking of NWO...I think we are not going to see the long drawn out storylines of WCW, the WWF just moves too fast at the short attention span MTV crowd rate, and instead of a year or two for a story, it's gonna be like 3 to 4 months.

I think Christian is better than Edge, and just lost in the midcards. The guy makes a better bad guy than his pitiful brother. And, if he bulked up, he could be a great. Obviously, he's bigger already from when he first came in about 2.5 years ago. (by the way, think about this: 2.5 years, and they have been already 7-time tag-team champs...ridiculous).

As for Chuck and Billy, I knew they'd win. Tag Team's aren't as presitigous as they used to be (neither is IC title lately), and I think Tazz was thrown a bone. APA vs the gay-duo is alot more interesting than any tag-team match with Tazz and Spike.

Looked like Triple H "match" was only to try to get heat with Jericho/Steph. Prob would have been better done if Triple H had run out to provide this than put on a psuedo match.

- GonzoStyle - 02-22-2002

I thought the show was excellent, it I don't think it was too early to punk the nWo. I think it will create a great story line and revenge plots. They picked hall because from what I hear and gather it will be Stone Cold vs.Hall at WM18.

As far as Billy & Chuck... ughh. Their music is what makes more sick than anything else.

But overall I think they are doing a better job with the talent now and are putting out a more interesting product.

- Sean Cold - 02-22-2002

I agree that this was definatly one of the better Smackdowns in a long ass time. Billy & Chuck just really make me fuckin sick at this point. It's good to take a break from the Rock as well because he always seems better after a little vacation.

- Kim - 02-22-2002

I thought smackdown was great last night. The whole Austin Hall thing was hysterical. Locking him in the beer closet and asking him if he wanted a beer was classic. The matches were ok. Billy and Chuck.....hopefully they lose on RAW to the Hardy's. And i saw the promo for the 10 oclock news but didnt see the piece. What was the piece actually about?

- Sean Cold - 02-23-2002

Kim Wrote:. And i saw the promo for the 10 oclock news but didnt see the piece. What was the piece actually about?
It was a shitty piece talking about how revenue is down since the XFL folded and hopw attendence has been down since 9/11.

- YellowDiscipline - 02-23-2002

Quote:Am I the only person who fuckin cringed that Billy & Chuck actually won?

I actually cringed more at their celebration. Jesus-tap dancing-christ, they were this close to making out. Does the WWF really think that gay tag team= good ratings?

- Kim - 02-23-2002

Quote:Does the WWF really think that gay tag team= good ratings?

They've used this concept before...

Adrian Adonis...Golddust...and that poet guy...whatever his frickin name was...

- Sean Cold - 02-23-2002

Kim Wrote:and that poet guy...whatever his frickin name was...
Lenny Poffo?

- PatCooper - 02-24-2002

Was leaping Lenny suppose to be gay? I always Rick Martel was alittle light with the fragrence.

- Kim - 02-24-2002

Yes he was gay...

"The Model" was so gay! :p

- slackjaw - 02-25-2002

How sad is it for Billy Gunn to have gone from one of the most dynamic (at least as far as pops go) tag teams of all time to a middle carder, and now to play a part in the ambiguously gay tag team?

- Gooch - 02-25-2002

slackjaw Wrote:How sad is it for Billy Gunn to have gone from one of the most dynamic (at least as far as pops go) tag teams of all time to a middle carder, and now to play a part in the ambiguously gay tag team?
at least he's working. with the rosters glutted as they are currently, i'm sure he's happy to get TV time consistently. Stone Cold once said if there was one person he'd love to work with and "get over", it's Billy Gunn. He thinks Billy Gunn has the stuff to be a great wrestler. Unfortunately, in Vinnie's world, they didn't know what to do with him, and at least he's getting the TV time, albeit goofy shit as it is. One would wish Roaddog could get his act together, so they can reform the "band", and with Triple H, use DX as a face group against the NWO.