CDIH
Wwf news & notes week of 2/25 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Wwf news & notes week of 2/25 (/showthread.php?tid=607)

- GonzoStyle - 02-27-2002

- Chris Benoit is hoping to wrestle some matches in HWA before his full-time return to the WWF later this spring.

- Pat Patterson is expected to be heavily involved in booking and laying out the content for the Rock-Hogan match at Wrestlemania. Patterson is close with both Hogan and Rock and has a great reputation for coming up with some great match designs.

- When the nWo first met with Vince McMahon to discuss their storylines and matches for Wrestlemania, Kevin Nash's feelings were apparently hurt that McMahon did not have anything planned for him. The first idea was for Nash to face the Undertaker but was soon scrapped since they were both heels and because the match might make both wrestlers look bad in the ring.

-Seeing that Scott Steiner worked the WWA PPV last weekend, talk about a possible deal with the WWF is circulating throughout the wrestling industry. Those close to Steiner say that he is "almost" back to his optimal in-ring condition according to 1wrestling, and by his performance at Sunday's PPV it looks as though he is definitely making progress. As far as his injured foot goes, it is partially healed, thus allowing im to work while wearing a brace for support and proper positioning.

As reported a few weeks ago, Steiner did undergo a physical at the request of the WWF. No problems were found and all was promising. Afterward (the last week or so), the WWF started talking to Steiner about joining the WWF, but no agreement has been reached as of this report.

Additionally, Steiner was called to the New Japan dojo in Los Angeles on Monday where he filmed a few spots that will air on New Japan's TV show, which shows their obvious pursuit of him as well.

-Apparently, WWA owner Andrew McManus initially offered Randy Savage a percentage of the company, instead of his original salary demand of $5 million per year. When a deal wasn't settled, Savage requested $250,000 to be placed into his escrow account solely for appearing at Sunday's pay per view event. McManus was said to have offered Savage $125,000 for the one off appearance, which he rejected. Despite McManus's proceeding desperation by literally begging, Savage said that he was advised by his business manager to miss the event. Savage had given XWF officials the impression that he'd make the pay per view by allowing his name to be used for promotion, among several other factors.

- Jerry Lynn's WWF contract expired 2 days prior to the WWA pay per view, at which point he was immediately contacted by WWA personnel. As a result, Lynn agreed to make an appearance at the show on Sunday.

Black Jack Brown of the Chicago Sun Times hinted at the possibility of seeing the Ultimate Warrior return to the WWF. It was stated earlier this month that Hulk Hogan had been lobbying for his return along with a few other superstars, thus giving Brown's rumor validity along with the fact that Hogan faced the Warrior at WM 6 in Toronto as well. Here is what he stated: The Rock has recruited the services of a man who defeated Hulk Hogan at ''WrestleMania'' in the same city 12 years ago. I will reveal the details of the Rock's Ultimate surprise on the hotline.

- Faceman - 02-28-2002

Quote:- Pat Patterson is expected to be heavily involved in booking and laying out the content for the Rock-Hogan match at Wrestlemania. Patterson is close with both Hogan and Rock and has a great reputation for coming up with some great match designs.

He also has a reputation for being a bone smuggler, but I digress. It's a shame his great match design rep will be destroyed by 2 guys who "wouldn't know a wrist lock from a wrist watch"(quote courtesy of Gorilla Monsoon)

- Spitfire - 02-28-2002

I'm still astounded that they got rid of Jerry Lynn...

I hope some of my other favorites like Raven will still be around :confused:

BTW, anyone see Mark Henry on a clip on RAW on Monday? He seems to have won the World Strongest Man competition again..and he's fucking huge!

- Sean Cold - 02-28-2002

Spitfire Wrote:I'm still astounded that they got rid of Jerry Lynn...
just because he showed up on that shitty ppv doesn't mean dick. It could have been a one shot deal for all we know, WWA was just waiting for his contract to run out and probally offered him a free night in Vegas for his ten minutes of work.

- GonzoStyle - 03-01-2002

Faceman Wrote:It's a shame his great match design rep will be destroyed by 2 guys who "wouldn't know a wrist lock from a wrist watch"(quote courtesy of Gorilla Monsoon)

WHATCHYA GONNA DO BROTHER WHEN I PUT ON THE GREATEST WRESTLING SPECTACLE THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN... DUDE!!!!

Edited By GonzoStyle on Mar. 02 2002 at 11:40

- Sean Cold - 03-02-2002

Quote:When the nWo first met with Vince McMahon to discuss their storylines and matches for Wrestlemania, Kevin Nash's feelings were apparently hurt that McMahon did not have anything planned for him. The first idea was for Nash to face the Undertaker but was soon scrapped since they were both heels and because the match might make both wrestlers look bad in the ring.

They better find something a little better than feeding him lines like "He has a gun" and shit. Nash already has that bored look on his face and they need to utilize him quick before he just bolts again.

- GonzoStyle - 03-02-2002

Who the fuck sat there and thought "Wow we can give stone cold a prop from Batmans utility belt. Have him shoot a net at Nash and the people will love it man....This is genius dammit!!!"

- Sean Cold - 03-02-2002

GonzoStyle Wrote:Who the fuck sat there and thought "Wow we can give stone cold a prop from Batmans utility belt. Have him shoot a net at Nash and the people will love it man....This is genius dammit!!!"
Jerry Brisco

- GonzoStyle - 03-02-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:Who the fuck sat there and thought "Wow we can give stone cold a prop from Batmans utility belt. Have him shoot a net at Nash and the people will love it man....This is genius dammit!!!"
Jerry Brisco
I though Nash finally got Disco Inferno a try-out on the writing staff.

- Sir O - 03-02-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:
Jerry Brisco
I doubt an old schooler like Briscoe would suggest a lame angle like that. Most likely, it was either head comedy writer Brian Gewurtz, head of the creative department Stephanie McMahon, or Vince McMahon himself.

Either way, that's the kind of crap that makes me embarassed to call myself a wrestling fan. Who enjoys this shit?

- Spitfire - 03-04-2002

UGH! Can it get any worse?? I was watching the Discovery channel this weekend and they had on Jesse James, who does custom bikes for Undertaker and lots of others...well, he was working on a bike for the WWF premiere of ...you ready?... Goldberg Confuseduicide:

- Sean Cold - 03-04-2002

Spitfire Wrote:UGH! Can it get any worse?? I was watching the Discovery channel this weekend and they had on Jesse James, who does custom bikes for Undertaker and lots of others...well, he was working on a bike for the WWF premiere of ...you ready?... Goldberg Confuseduicide:
please for the love of all that is holy tell me you had a special bag of weed this weekend and you thought you saw this along with pink elephants and JFK. Please! :disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed: