CDIH
Sleep deprivation - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Sleep deprivation (/showthread.php?tid=619)

- The Sleeper - 02-28-2002

Ya know that if you don't sleep for like 72 hours, you get a natural high? I read an article about it somewhere. Anyone ever try that? I think I might during Spring Break.

- IkeaBoy - 02-28-2002

I get like 3-4 hours or so a night. i guess i can try it- why not.

Edited By IkeaBoy on Feb. 28 2002 at 01:11

- Rape Fantasizer - 02-28-2002

hmmm, 72 hours, thats 3 days huh? nah, no high. I do that every week. I guess my body is just used to the lack of sleep though.

- Arthur Dent - 02-28-2002

Only if you consider total exhaustion, incoherence, difficulty concentrating, and blurry vision as being high....actually, that souds like Saturday night around 3am now that you mention it...

- Sephiroth - 02-28-2002

I hear if you run face-first into a wall about 3 dozen times, you can get a "high". And by "high", I really mean "Concussion".

- Grumpy - 02-28-2002

back when I was a teenager (some 20 odd years ago), I went 5 days with about 4 hours sleep. By day 5 I was hallucinating. I was on vacation with my family. As I sat poolside, across the other side of the pool, I saw a bunny hoppin back and forth. When I went closer to take a look at it, it turned out to be a towel. I think I slept for 20 hours when I got home and felt normal again.

- Metalfan - 02-28-2002

Quote:back when I was a teenager (some 20 odd years ago)

Wouldn't that be more like 200 years ago?

Quote:As I sat poolside, across the other side of the pool, I saw a bunny hoppin back and forth.

Did you say hi to the Chesire Cat and Mad Hatter as well there, Twinkletoes?

Quote:I think I slept for 20 hours when I got home and felt normal again.

So goes the tale of Rip Van Grumpy....angry dwarf extraordinaire
:bouncer:

Try having kids man.....that leads to immediate and prolonged sleep deprivation, right Grump?
:drool:

Edited By Metalfan on Feb. 28 2002 at 09:37

- Grumpy - 02-28-2002

Quote:Try having kids man.....that leads to immediate and prolonged sleep deprivation, right Grump?

oh I forgot about that. That's a definite given. Mrs. Grump and I have gotten used to tagteam sleeping though. 3 hours for her, 3 hours for me. 3 hours for her, 3 hours for me.

It's funny to watch us argue in a sleep induced haze as to whose turn it is.

- NaughtyAngel - 02-28-2002

at first when i have no sleep i get silly, but after a whil ei turn into very cranky

i dont suggest you try it

- Doc - 02-28-2002

The most I've ever gone is around 48 hours, and it's not too much of a picnic by then.

After the first night of no sleep, you are really dead the next morning, but come noon-time, you're actually OK. Your body is doing it's normal thing, just short a few resources, like the ability to focus on anything for more than a few minutes.
That night is where it gets really tough. I wouldn't say it's a natural euphoric high, maybe more like a dazed post-bong burnout. I couldn't really hold a conversation with anyone for too long because I'd keep daydreaming.

If you have three days to kill and then another two days for recovery, then by all means, go for the gold. Otherwise I'd suggest jumping in front of a bus for a cheap thrill

Edited By Doc on Feb. 28 2002 at 12:09

- Maynard - 02-28-2002

Quote:If you have three days to kill and then another two days for recovery, then by all means, go for the gold. Otherwise I'd suggest jumping in front of a bus for a cheap thrill
I'd rather rub my nuts over a cheese grater.

- IkeaBoy - 02-28-2002

isn't it true that by the fifth day you think you're a hummingbird?

- crx girl - 02-28-2002

i hallucinate when i go more than a day or two without :bouncer:

- The Sleeper - 02-28-2002

crx girl Wrote:i hallucinate when i go more than a day or two without :bouncer:
lightweight

- crx girl - 02-28-2002

The Sleeper Wrote:
crx girl Wrote:i hallucinate when i go more than a day or two without :bouncer:
lightweight
i don't get it :confused:

- Sephiroth - 03-01-2002

IkeaBoy Wrote:isn't it true that by the fifth day you think you're a hummingbird?
EXCELLENT Reference.