CDIH
Gatti vs Ward III - The Final Chapter - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Gatti vs Ward III - The Final Chapter (/showthread.php?tid=6377)

Pages: 1 2

- Teenweek - 05-20-2003

I cannot wait to see this fight. I am shocked it is on HBO and not PPV considering both of their first fights were fight of the year candidates.

[Image: featured_fight_0607.jpg]

- HollywoodJewMoses - 05-20-2003

looks pretty good from the poster!!!

- GonzoStyle - 05-20-2003

They have become much more known since their first 2 fights but still not enough to hold a PPV. I think it woulda been worth the shot since they put a grossly mismatched Campas in against Oscar and set it to a PPV.

But the main reason being, they are both getting a little over a million each for this fight, while Mosley after back to back losses to forrest and a no-contest against Margarita called 4 million "chump change".

To make it a PPV they would have to pay ward and gatti a considerable amount which is in the neighborhood of 4-5 million a piece.

Why not they paid oscar 10 million for a sparring session with Campas.

But thats the politics, ward was always about less money, better fights, all for the fans anyway.

This will be Wards final fight, so prepare for a doozy cause Gatti also wants a title shot.

- Ants in My Pants - 05-21-2003

I rooted for Gatti in the first two Gatti-Ward fights, but I refuse to take sides in this one. These guys fought their hearts and souls out for 20 rounds last year, and gave the fans two of the best toe-to-toe brawls seen in years. Even though I'm a huge Gatti fan, it's impossible not to cheer for a guy like Micky Ward. I'll just be screaming like a lunatic for both of them. If this one is anything like the first two, everyone will be happy.

- Teenweek - 06-05-2003

just a reminder this is on saturday.

- Arpikarhu - 06-05-2003

as i have said previously, while this will be entertaining, you are no fan of boxing if you are eager to see this match.

- The Jays - 06-05-2003

.... wait, is this the same Gatti-Ward thread that I've seen like, a bazillion times already, or are these people fighting each other again???? Why all the hostility toward one another??? Play some fucking Uno and settle this shit, for Christ's sake!

- Danked - 06-05-2003

I always forget to say Uno. :17:

- The Jays - 06-05-2003

...I would fucking cum in my pants whenever I got dealt a WILD DRAW FOUR card..... fucking awesome...

- Arpikarhu - 06-08-2003

fight was great! would have been greater if gatti hadnt broken the hand. ward looked tired and slow for alot of the fight. round 7 was fucking incredible! fight as a whole not as good as 1 better than 2. i hate lampley and merchant.

- Galt - 06-08-2003

you are not a fan of boxing.

- GonzoStyle - 06-08-2003

I hate Merchant, Lampley is the only fuckin oar keeping that boat on course. I prefer Stewart to Jones or even worse Foreman as the boxing expert. Merchant has his moments like when he calls people out for shit. He'd be great if he didn't deliver every breath following every word he expells from his bodyas if he was god delivering the commandments.

The fight utterly amazing considering that these two men have fought eachother 3 times in a little more than 12 months. 1st fight was May 18th, 2002 and June 7th 2003 marked the 3rd fight. The heart of these two warriors, gave us a 3 fight spectacle the likes of which have not been seen since LaMotta Vs. Robinson and Zale Vs. Graziano.

I can't compare it to the Bowe Vs. Holyfield trilogy because their 3rd fight was a farce. The second of the 3 Ali Vs. Frazier fights was also very unremarkable. This was just pure blood and guts.

The 9th round of the 1st fight, the 3rd round of the 2nd fight and the 7th round of the 3rd fight are among the greatest ever. the entire 30 round series should be archived and be mandatory viewing for every fighter and fight fan.

It should be especially mandatory for the likes of Floyd Mayweather and Shane Mosley, fighters who say 6,7, and 8 million a fight are "slave wages" These two fighters together over the course of 3 fights didn't break any of those numbers, all three fights COMBINED. Yet look what they put forth.

Ward was battered, he's been in the 2001 and 2002 fight of the year, he's given 100% every time out. He was just done and he knew it but he never let down, never gave up. Heart, Gatti with a broken fuckin hand threw more punches in the round after breaking his hand than at any point in his career and that's saying alot after his 2 fights with Ivan Robinson when he averaged 90 punches a round.

- Arpikarhu - 06-08-2003

the fights were exciting but a good boxer would destroy either one of these guys in a minute

- GonzoStyle - 06-08-2003

But these two were tailor made for eachother, would bowe even be remembered if not for holyfield? Gatti is no dumpling, he can take on quality opposition in his weight class. He just got outboxed when he moved up too far and took on Delahoya but it's Oscar so you can't judge arturo who was a 130 pound champion for losing to Oscar at 147 pounds. Ward always took on all comers and never gave less than 100%.

I see arturo fighting spadafora or dorin, if he beats either one he gets a shot a Kostya Tszyu and loses to him by decision but puts forth a great effort as always. Because I agree against someone the caliber of Tszyu or Oscar he loses because he is a great fighter but he is not a superstar, he is just short of that.

- Arpikarhu - 06-08-2003

Quote:because he is a great fighter
no he isnt. he gets hit to much. if a journeyman like ward can hit him that many times, imagine waht a real boxer can do.

- Keyser Soze - 06-08-2003

I've scrolled past this entire thread without reading it. I've avoided all news stations. I can't wait to see this fight replay, can someone tell me when HBO will be running it again?

- PatCooper - 06-08-2003

if you have hbo2 its on tonight stating at 6:30 pm.

- Galt - 06-08-2003

You didn't hear that Ward knocked out Gatti and nearly killed him in the 3rd round? How is that possible?

- GonzoStyle - 06-09-2003

Quote:no he isnt. he gets hit to much. if a journeyman like ward can hit him that many times, imagine waht a real boxer can do.

But he always has and always will be able to take that punch, cause marciano stood like a tomato can for 10 rounds and took a brutal beating till he drained his apponent doesn't take away from him. He is a top notch fighter, he proved it with his wars with Ivan Robinson way before ward. He has also developed a much better boxing style and has kept himself in better shape. Does he beat Kostya Tszyu? No on his greatest day he doesn't but Tszyu is a superstar, he has the championship qualities. Can he beat a Spadafora or Dorin? Maybe, at the least it makes for a good fight.

- Keyser Soze - 06-09-2003

wow. that fight was awesome. gatti is a warrior, ward was getting slapped around but always seemed to have a chance to throw one big shot to take gatti out. the broken hand seemed like a non-factor. definitely one of the best fights ive ever seen.