CDIH
its so reeeeeall - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: its so reeeeeall (/showthread.php?tid=6498)

Pages: 1 2

- HedCold - 06-04-2003

sammy sosa got caught with a corked bat. i think its funny
i wonder how long he had it
supposedly he said it was a bat he used during the home run derby and accidentally took it out of his bag, like thats supposed to make it better

- x-file - 06-04-2003

so wait, you allowed to cheat during an allstar event? You can use corked bats, scuff up balls, crap like that? And how long ago was the allstar game? Right, you still carrying around that one bat?

I don't think it diminishes what sosa has done or will it take away how great of a player he is, but it does taint him a little.

- The Jays - 06-04-2003

... he said that he uses the bat for batting practice and used it in the game by mistake...

- HedCold - 06-04-2003

yea i just read that

Quote:"I use that bat for batting practice,'' Sosa said. "It's something that I take the blame for. It's a mistake, I know that. I feel sorry. I just apologize to everybody that are embarrassed.''

we'll see for sure when they check the other bats

- GonzoStyle - 06-04-2003

I love sosa, I think he is the player with the closest chance to break Aarons record, of the players with 500+ at the moment. But as one of the analyists pointed out; if his bat didn't break no one would have known. What if that had happened in the past already and this excuse was ready made for such an occasion. I really don't wanna believe it but you'd think that a corked bat would be marked so it wouldn't get mixed up.

- Teenweek - 06-04-2003

Just like a dirty spic to lie, cheat and steal.

- onehung - 06-04-2003

95% of people in prison are innocent too. just ask them.

- Galt - 06-04-2003

I say the batting practice thing is bullshit. Why on earth would someone use a lighter bat for batting practice, therefore making the bat they use in game heavier and slowing down their bat speed?

- Teenweek - 06-04-2003

he said to give the fans a show.

- Teenweek - 06-04-2003

anyone think the suspension will start after the Yankees series this weekend.

- Keyser Soze - 06-04-2003

He will never hit 60 homers in a season again. I wouldnt be surprised if his home runs tail way off after this. I always liked Sammy but this puts alot of doubt in my mind if he was always a pure home run hitter.

- Galt - 06-04-2003

they are sawing threw Sammy's bats right now on ESPN

- DGW - 06-04-2003

christ, imagine if they were all corked

- Mad - 06-04-2003

Well?

- Galt - 06-04-2003

no cork.

And "through"

- Teenweek - 06-04-2003

the bat boys got rid of all his bats right after he got caught

- HedCold - 06-04-2003

you're such a negative nancy

- Arpikarhu - 06-04-2003

all of sosas accomplishments are now suspect and any records he holds should be deleted.

- Galt - 06-05-2003

racist

- Arpikarhu - 06-05-2003

he is a fucking cheater and if he did it once you have to assume he has always done it.