CDIH
lampley and merchant - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: lampley and merchant (/showthread.php?tid=6537)

- Arpikarhu - 06-08-2003

not my day for announcers. lampley over inflates every thing he says. he does that yelling thing with every jab. merchant is just a piece of shit. hetalks like this to try and sound more important. they both are also the worst front runners. they will talk about how great a fighter is until he starts to lose and then they wont stop talking about what a piece of shit he is. I fucking hate them!!

- Gooch - 06-08-2003

did they talk about Sosa yet? I've been waiting. What's goin on with that guy?

- Arpikarhu - 06-08-2003

now gatti obviously gets hit with a low blow and lampley is screaming "he twisted his ankle, hes limping, he twisted his ankle!"
he got hit in the balls. then when lampley finds out the truth he just ignores it and hopes no one will remember what he just said.

- GonzoStyle - 06-08-2003

He didn't overemphasize the ankle, he said he thought he may have and only once. Lampley is a great announcer and his voice is as memorable as some of the fights he's called.

Merchant on the other hand as I said in the Gatti & Ward thread is just a old man who thinks his grey hairs mean he's wise.

But who can ever forget some of Lampleys calls when Tyson Knocked out Berbick in 1986 or The Leonard Hearns fights.

- Arpikarhu - 06-08-2003

lampley gets over-excited at every punch of course he makes memorable calls. its hard not to when he is over glorifying every jab in the fight.

- HedCold - 06-08-2003

you make them sound like micheal kay and other yankee announcers

- Arpikarhu - 06-08-2003

dont you talk bad about kay, mister man!

- HedCold - 06-08-2003

DID YOU SEE HOW HE RAN IN TO MAKE THAT CATCH! UNBELIEVABLE, ONE OF THE BEST EVER!

- Galt - 06-08-2003

Red Sox announcer Sean McDonough is the greatest ever.

He called the Blue Jays/Phillies world series (one of greatest WS) when Joe Carter hit the homer off Williams (HA HAH DIG), and he also does college basketball and hockey, soccer, Hell any sport. The guy (though from what I hear, he sucks cocks) can do play by play for anything. He's just a badass and is better than whoever you listen to.

- Arpikarhu - 06-08-2003

every time nomar takes a dump you call everybody to tell them he took the best shit ever!

- Keyser Soze - 06-08-2003

[Image: Murphy.jpg]

- Galt - 06-09-2003

Quote:every time nomar takes a dump you call everybody to tell them he took the best shit ever!

How would I know when Nomar takes a shit? Let alone actually be able to see it? What are you talking about? That's just stupid. If you are going to mock me at least try and be semi-realistic?

I feel like I'm stealing your gimmick here, but Christ man, what the fuck were you thinking when you posted that shit?

- Arpikarhu - 06-09-2003

you know what i meant, dont be a tool.

- Galt - 06-09-2003

:23:

you could have easily written my prior post, and actually have on many occassions.

- Arpikarhu - 06-09-2003

Quote:I feel like I'm stealing your gimmick here, but Christ man, what the fuck were you thinking when you posted that shit?

- Galt - 06-09-2003

exactly.