CDIH
Wrestlemania x8 - Shaping up to be the worst ever? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Wrestlemania x8 - Shaping up to be the worst ever? (/showthread.php?tid=655)

- Flock of Moosen - 03-03-2002

Yeah I know, I did a similar one elsewhere. Fucking sue me! Wink

It's still 2 weeks away, but they have already booked or hinted at certain matches for Wrestlemania. This has always been considered the biggest PPV of the year, but in my opinion it is shaping up to be total dog shit!
Let's look at what is or most likely will be on the card.

HHH vs Jericho - Big fucking deal! Like HHH hasn't beaten Jericho 3 or 4 times already since he's been in the WWF. You are supposed to believe that the face challenger is the underdog, therefore making the victory bigger. How is HHH the underdog here? Because Stephanie is gonna be in Y2J's corner? Ooooh, I'm scared. Shit main event in my opinion. Expect to see HHH & Steph turn on Jericho revealing that they were together on this all along. HHH leaves Wrestlemania the heel and Jericho the face.

Rock vs Hogan - Give me a fucking break! Hogan is so bad, he's gonna make the Rock look like fucking Crack Hitler, I mean Jeff Hardy here. I know why they are doing it because they want to hype the Battle of The Two Best Ever, but wouldn't Austin be better suited for that role. The Rock is good, but Austin made the WWF what it is in the late 90's to today. I pray Hogan shatters his fucking hip when he goes for the Leg Drop.

Austin vs Hall - WHY?!?!?! Hall has never truly been a main eventer. All of a sudden after wasting away in rehab and then sitting on his ass collecting a paycheck he didn't deserve, he's gonna be thrown into a high profile match with the biggest wrestler today? Rumor is Hall is taking a pill that if he drinks, he will die. My bet is he dies on March 17th. Between the pressure of wrestling in one of the biggest matches on the card as well as it being St. Patty's Day, he totally loses it and goes on a drinking binge. Nash would definitely have been a better choice here. Now, speaking of Nash.

Nash vs ? - That's right. Just who is Nash wrestling? Furthermore, with HHH, Austin & The Rock all booked, who can Nash wrestle that would be of ANY interest? The Big Show? If he does, I hope Nash drops him on his head again like he did in WCW when he went for the Jackknife.

Flair vs Undertaker - I know Flair said he wasn't going to, but you all know it's going down. Early to mid 90's, this would have been a main event, but now it's just two old men way past their prime. This by far will probably be the worst match of the PPV, maybe even the year.

RVD vs Regal - This one has some potential even though it should have been Edge in RVD's spot. It's in his hometown so what better place would it have been for Edge to regain the IC belt.

A.P.A. vs Billy & Chuck - Umm, A.P.A. have beaten them already. Why do we have to be subjected to this crap again? All we can hope for is possibly a Triple Threat, Four Corners or special stipulation matchup here to somewhat liven up this poor excuse of a tag title match. Maybe a Barroom Brawl?

Angle vs Kane - Big fucking deal. Like we haven't seen this match numerous times already on RAW.

Edge vs Booker T - Please tell me this is a joke. Anyone? Please? Edge should have been wrestling for the 2nd highest belt in the company, but instead is now stuck against someone who never should have left the tag team ranks in my opinion.

I'm sure there will be more matches like DDP defending the European title against Christian, Goldust defending the Hardcore against Maven, and Jazz defending the Women's against Lita, but how exciting can any of these be either.

All in all, if I am right on most if not all of these, then I may not even bother wasting my $40-$50. This is truly shaping up to be the worst Wrestlemania in history. Die Vince for daring to call this Wrestlemania!

Edited By Flock of Moosen on Mar. 02 2002 at 10:41

- Sir O - 03-03-2002

A few things...

Flair v Undertaker probably won't be too bad. Yes, nobody really wants to see it, and yes, both guys are way past their prime. But keep in mind that Flair, already over the hill, carried Vince Russo to a *** match two years ago, and got a respectable showing out of McMahon earlier this year. This won't be any worse than Hogan v Rock. Still a stupid match that shouldn't even take place.

As for the tag title match, it looks like they're going with a four way between APA, C&B, Hardys, and Dudleys. Four ways suck, period. Oh, and I guess it's like the tag match at No Way Out for a shot at the titles at Wrestlemania never happened. Way to follow through on the stips.

Nash is currently not booked for a match. The plan is to use him against Austin, in case Hall fucks up between now and the 17th. Yes, their number one superstar is booked in the biggest show of the year against an opponent who hasn't wrestled a match in North America in over a year, and is so messed up that he may not even be able to make his first booking back. Stupid.

HHH v Jericho - The build to this has been awful. I can't think of any previous WM that had such poor build to the main event. Largely due to Stephanie being wrestling cancer. I don't expect any improvement in the next two weeks.

The rest of the card just looks bland and uninspired. Certainly not worthy of the "Super Bowl Of Wrestling" label that Wrestlemania has earned throughout the years. Opponents seemingly thrown against each other at random, feuds over shampoo commercials, blah blah f'in blah.

But the roster split is coming, and that will be the thing to save the WWF. Don't worry.

- Sean Cold - 03-03-2002

We are two weeks away from WM X8 and it really does not look all that promising at this point. Then again, alot of the past PPV's this past year looked good then sucked. Maybe it will be a bit of role reversal. I am hoping as such.

- Skitchr4u - 03-04-2002

Am I the only one who likes Jericho like this? Sure he should ditch stephanie for Ralphus, but come on. Jericho as a heel is 100times better than as a face. And I hope they keep the belt on him, with help from someone other than Steph.

Screw hogan and the crock...

RVD vs regal is gonna be a good match. regal can have a good match against almost anyone in my opinion, and rvd is always fun to watch.

- Sean Cold - 03-04-2002

Skitchr4u Wrote:Am I the only one who likes Jericho like this? Sure he should ditch stephanie for Ralphus, but come on. Jericho as a heel is 100times better than as a face. And I hope they keep the belt on him, with help from someone other than Steph.
I agree with you. Y2J is definatly a better heel, he gets tons of heat. I can't see him walking out of Wrestlemania with the belts though. I can see some sort of swindle though where both he and Triple H can stake claim to the belts just in time for the roster split.