CDIH
The Stock Market - what looks good to you? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: The Stock Market - what looks good to you? (/showthread.php?tid=6625)

Pages: 1 2

- Goatweed - 06-17-2003

So we all know that Arpi recently made a killing on SOHU - I thought about this yesterday and decided to revisit the remnants of my investments, and saw that they were actually on the up-tick recently (nowhere near where I bought them, but signs of progress nonetheless). I really haen't paid much attention to the market since I was house hunting (and shopping for a mortgage rate), so I was wondering what you guys thought were good buys these days? (long and short).

- HollywoodJewMoses - 06-17-2003

alloy online

- Teenweek - 06-17-2003

anacot steel

- HollywoodJewMoses - 06-17-2003

teenweek, how many shares of WWE do you have?

- The Sleeper - 06-17-2003

i figured him more for a Hollywood Stock Exchange kinda guy

- Goatweed - 06-17-2003

Quote:teenweek, how many shares of WWE do you have
I bought a bunch of shares and actually made some $$ on them :thumbs-up:

- Teenweek - 06-17-2003

Quote:teenweek, how many shares of WWE do you have?

None.

- Galt - 06-17-2003

I was wondering who the fool would be that would make the obvious Wall Street reference.

- Galt - 06-17-2003

I'm starting to love the stock market again. It's fun watching my portfolio go up more than I would make in a day if I were working.

- Goatweed - 06-17-2003

Im feeling the love as well, I would just like to feel a bit more.

- Galt - 06-17-2003

sell your house and invest all the money

- Goatweed - 06-17-2003

I would, but there's that wholw wife/inlaw thing - they all can't fit into my mother's basement.

Plus, I'd lose my pool Sad

- DGW - 06-17-2003

my fidelity puritan fund has been doing nice over the past 4 months
so nobody has a hot tip?
i'm looking to do a lil gambling

- Galt - 06-17-2003

I don't know about gambling. And I've been out of the business world for two years, so I have no tips.

However, Foster Labs (FRX) has outperformed the S&P for the last 10 years.

- DGW - 06-17-2003

my point wuz stocks were the gamble

anyone buy lucent at 60 cents?
my 401K with them has gone through the roof the last 6 months

- Galt - 06-17-2003

I knew what you meant. I am leery of going after no name companies that might make a huge run. That's why I recommended FRX. Solid company, massive earnings, actually give out dividends, and it's outperformed the S&P for each of the last 10 years.

- diceisgod - 06-18-2003

Invest in Godly Corp.

- Goatweed - 06-18-2003

I'm looking to make some $$, not add another deduction to next year's 1040.

- Zootybang - 06-18-2003

I locked In Jetblue at 23 a share on their IPO cause I worked for them at the time, and since, I've made close to 10 G's. Thats all I know about the stock market.

- Galt - 06-18-2003

The funny thing is I have an interview in a couple weeks for an equity research firm and I would be doing institutional sales if I got the job and it would be my job to pitch stocks to companies that would be buying a million shares at a time.

I have no idea what I am doing.