CDIH
Roe Vs. Wade II - The case of I changed my mind - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Roe Vs. Wade II - The case of I changed my mind (/showthread.php?tid=6637)

Pages: 1 2

- GonzoStyle - 06-18-2003

The plantiff in the landmark 1970's case, which made abortion legal has recently changed her mind. Now she says that abortion is bad because she has found religion now. She's gathered a bunch of nitwits who will fight to overturn the case, they will plead how abortions ruined and scarred their lives.

What kind of shit is this? Lets just change our minds and over turn that slavery deal as well.

I don't get how you become a part of such an important case, that changed the nation dramatically. She fought for the women of the entire nation, now she is gonna be a selfish cunt and because of her own personal "belief" she wants to fuck it up for everyone?

- The Sleeper - 06-18-2003

you can't fight jesus

"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." - George Carlin

Plus to make abortion illegal kinda defeats the whole "this is a free country" deal. I am against abortion at certain stages of pregnancy. But come on, with the overpopulation of mouth breathers and social retards, do we really need more unwanted kids? Kids who will be either killed at birth by some neanderthal bitch, some kid who will be abused, some kid who will grow up unloved, unhugged and predesposed to crime or even worse they can grow up to be like arpi.

- Galt - 06-18-2003

I am totally in favor of women being able to get abortions, but using the privacy act as its legal protection is kind of bullshit.

It's bad law. But abortion should still be legal.

- Mad - 06-18-2003

If you're against abortion don't have one.

I hate how people believe they have a right to tell someone how to live their lives.

I would like to see retroactive abortions though.

If Bin Ladens mother had an abortion 9/11 never woulda happened, if you dont support abortions then you support terrorism.

- Sir O - 06-18-2003

Quote:If Bin Ladens mother had an abortion 9/11 never woulda happened, if you dont support abortions then you support terrorism.
:rofl:

This story is just stupid. But since Bush and his cronies are decidedly anti-abortion, and desperate for all the distractions they can get right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see something come out of it.

- IrishAlkey - 06-18-2003

I support Sink.

- GonzoStyle - 06-19-2003

You support anything that keeps you from paying support to certain board persons who shall remain nameless, abortions are good and sometimes don't get used enough.

- FNMoron - 06-19-2003

GonzoStyle Wrote:"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." - George Carlin
:lol:

i was always kind of fond of another Carlin quote...
Quote:Did you ever notice how all the women who are against abortion are women you'd never want to fuck anyway

- crx girl - 06-19-2003

i'll weigh in on this when i'm soerberer

- Zootybang - 06-19-2003

Roe Vs. Wade Is the reason I was ALMOST a daddy when I was 17. Thank God for that Damn law, and fuck anyone against It up the ass with a broken stick.

- Ronin - 06-19-2003

Zootybang Wrote:Roe Vs. Wade Is the reason I was ALMOST a daddy when I was 17. Thank God for that Damn law, and fuck anyone against It up the ass with a broken stick.
fetus killer.. just kiddin'.

nah, it should be legal.. if you want it, get it.. if not, don't get it..

it's like suicide.. if you want to, go do it where no one will ever find you and don't disrupt traffic.. make sure you leave a note so people know where to find you. if you don't want to, then die normally.

Edited By Ronin on 1056041632

- Galt - 06-19-2003

but suicide is illegal too. If abortion is legal under the privacy act then so should suicide.

And so should prostitution and so should any and all form of drug use.

- Mad - 06-19-2003

Galt Wrote:but suicide is illegal too. If abortion is legal under the privacy act then so should suicide.

And so should prostitution and so should any and all form of drug use.
Exactly. It's your body do what the fuck you want, just don't bother the rest of us.

- Ronin - 06-19-2003

woh, slow down there heifer dater..

drug use and prostitution is a different story.. since they spread life threatening diseases.. and they could disrupt other people's lives..

suicide and abortion really has to do with just you, where prostitution and rug use may hinder other people.

yeah, yeah, it's a reach.. shut up.

- Galt - 06-19-2003

abortion does affect the life of another. It kills a baby.

To say that it's not a baby until it's out of the womb is dumb. And to pick some arbitrary "3rd trimester" cutoff is also foolish. What changes from one day to the next to say that "Ok, yesterday would could have aborted it, but today we can't". The only rationally consistent logic is that you either can't have an abortion at all from the point of conception, or you can have an abortion at any time up until the baby breathed life.

Drug use and prostitution don't "spread" anything. Two or one consenting adult doing whatever they want with their own bodies.

I am all over the map here. I realize that. Just being devil's advocate.

It's got a heart, brain activity, etc. For all intents and purposes it's a baby.

- Rape Fantasizer - 06-20-2003

Quote:abortion does affect the life of another. It kills a baby.
To say that it's not a baby until it's out of the womb is dumb. And to pick some arbitrary "3rd trimester" cutoff is also foolish.
It isn't foolish, that is the usual time when a baby could survive out of the womb if the mother went into premature labor. At any time before that, if the fetus was delivered it would immediately die. People who are against abortion use the argument that it's the parents being selfish. I honestly believe that someone who accidentily gets pregnant and cannot support a child in any manner (emotionally, physically, financially) but chooses to have the baby is being more selfish. Why bring a child into a world that's gonna suck for them forever? I don't consider abortion killing a baby, and if they decide to overturn the decision it will just lead to people having illegal abortions. It's very possible for this to happen. With Bush in office now, any Supreme Court justices that retire will be replaced by Republicans who are against abortion. And right now there are 4 justices who are about ready to retire. I think it's such a shame, people shouldn't tell other people how to treat their own bodies.

- Galt - 06-20-2003

OK. So on day 120 the baby can live outside the womb. On day 119, it would die, but the next day it could live? Exactly at what time of the day does that transformation occur?

It is foolish because there is no way to say that for sure. It's a somewhat arbitrary number. "Around" that time the baby is viable. I have seen stories about women getting in car accidents and the baby being harvested extremely prematurely and suriving. When you think about it, no baby can live outside on their own. They all need asistance.

- JimmyBlueEyes - 06-20-2003

I think what she is trying to say is that without serious medical intervention, before a certain time in the pregancy the baby(fetus whatever the fuck you want to call it) cannot survive out of the womb. Someone close to me had one of these done and I am glad she had that option because it would have been Damn near impossible for her to raise a child on her own. And her mother would have done most of the work, like so many women having babies too early have had happen. Simple solution, DONT FUCK, or if you do, use protection. Will the decision be overturned?? I dunno, 30 years is a long time to take before realizing you fucked up.