CDIH
new seaon of making the band 2 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: new seaon of making the band 2 (/showthread.php?tid=6662)

- PatCooper - 06-21-2003

Has anyone seen this shit yet. I checked it out before and it was pretty entertaining. Puff made the kids walk from his midtown recording studio to Juniors cheesecake shop in Brooklyn in the middle of the night. the kids walked all the way back from Juniors and got back to the studio and puff was gone. that was so funny shit.

- GonzoStyle - 06-21-2003

I was amazed how ungreatful these fucks were for a one in a million shot. They're all talkin about how they will just leave and do shows, who the fuck woulda known them if not for the show? Puff was right in doing what he did, he paid his fuckin dues when he would take the train 4 hours each way to his first internship. These kids get their hands held the whole way.

Especially that Dylan kid, that nigga woulda been in jail right now if puffy didn't write a letter to the judge pleading for him to recieve a second chance. Now he's gonna look at puff like he don't owe him shit.

- crx girl - 06-21-2003

so, jay z had his big grand opening at his bar around the corner from dewey's. i heard puff was there, and beyonce of course. there were cops and limos everywhere...

sorry, i didn't have anything else to add

- Sir O - 06-21-2003

And this all has what to do with musical talent?

I know...just sayin'

- crx girl - 06-21-2003

well, it's a bar, and it opened around the corner from my job. and music types are owning it.

or were you talking to them?

- Sir O - 06-21-2003

not talking to you Trish...just responding to the topic

"made the kids walk from his midtown recording studio to Juniors cheesecake shop in Brooklyn in the middle of the night. the kids walked all the way back from Juniors and got back to the studio and puff was gone. that was so funny shit. "

Shit like that should never have anything to do with whether or not a band is musically viable, since I'd think a show dedicated to "making the band" would focus on how good a band is at being a band.

Unfortunately, it does not. Just pointing that out in my own weird-ass way...

- Kid Afrika - 06-21-2003

These kids act like the world owes them something. Puff was only trying to ground them and make them see that it ain't all gravy.

When I saw that they were going back inside to say they weren't going to walk to Brooklyn, I just knew they were expecting Puff to give them another way out. IMO, they should have looked at the walk through NY as an opportunity to get some material. Hell, they could've sang/rapped their way to Brooklyn if they were as talented as they profess to be.

- crx girl - 06-21-2003

i wanna go hang gliding

- PatCooper - 06-21-2003

It all had to do with how bad the kids wanted it. When they were auditioning for the show all the kids said they would do "anything" for this shit. Now their egos are getting in the way. The one girl was crying that she lived in new york and never had to walk to brooklyn. And further more diddy told them to walk to brooklyn for the cheesecake but he never said shit about taking the train back to the city.

- LyricalGomez - 06-21-2003

Quote:Shit like that should never have anything to do with whether or not a band is musically viable, since I'd think a show dedicated to "making the band" would focus on how good a band is at being a band.

Unfortunately, it does not. Just pointing that out in my own weird-ass way...

Acctually it has everything to do with it.

A) They needed to be brought back down to earth, with their egos as big as they were Diddy knew there would be ego clashes, ego clashes can ruin a group, so he's reminding them who the boss is.

B) They needed to learn that as a musician there will be shit you don't wanna do. You don't wanna do 100 interviews a day, but you have to. If they can't go walking and get him some cheesecake how are they going to handle answering the same questions over and over again?

- Sir O - 06-21-2003

Now that actually does make some sense.

Just tryin' to figure out the logic behind a show that I'd rather poke my eyes out than watch. Don't mind me...