CDIH
Further updates on the softball & poker party. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Further updates on the softball & poker party. (/showthread.php?tid=6680)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- GonzoStyle - 06-24-2003

Ok here's where we stand as of today, I started a fresh topic cause of the cluster in the last one.

Softball game - Alkey and myself have chosen August 2nd as our date. Alls left now is for Pat to go down to the park office and fill out the forms.

Trivial Pursuit/Poker party - The date set for this is July 18th which is on a friday night. Originally it was to be held at trish's apt but in consideration of others we decided last night to move it to more neutral grounds.

Jack informed us last night that his planned visit to NY will actually be July 18 - 21st. He was gonna get a hotel anyway, so we figured why not just have the shindig at his hotel room. We all chip in a few bucks and get a bigger room, those who can chip in but its understandable if you cant. Everyone brings a little somethin somethin as usual. So I figure we do like I did my freinds bachelor party, we take the two beds flip the frames vertical and take off the matresses and we got the whole room to ourselves.

So here's what we need.

1- a list of people who will attend so we have an idea on how many people are coming, if it is a lot maybe we are better off getting a seperate room for one night.

2- People who can to bring the following, a foldout table of some sort. Some folding chairs if they have so we can sit. The rest is miscelanious stuff.

We'll have seperate games for those wanna play poker or trivial pursuit, so people can switch back and forth.

I'm sure a deck of cards is no problem, the trivial pursuit game is also no problem. Poker chips would be nice if someone has any. The rest is just some beer, we can order take out when we get there if people are hungry, some soda, etc.

If anyone has a better suggestion, I am up for it. We couldnt do it at trish's or rapes for certain reasons. But if anyone else has an idea of a hall of somesort we can occupy for a night or whatever, give it up cause this is the best i can do.

- The Sleeper - 06-24-2003

The Mars volta is playing Irving Plaza July 18th Undecided

- Galt - 06-24-2003

that's one of those bands that 99.99% of the world hasn't heard of, right?

- GonzoStyle - 06-24-2003

I'm sorry but the whole problem is that any date we tried was bad for someone, we just gotta set a solid date. I dunno what to tell you.

I planned some other stuff for when Jack gets here, you can chill then. On saturday I am taking him to the city, I know goat is coming. We're gonna hit up some strip clubs and bars.

Sunday we are getting together in brooklyn to go down to coney island, see the carnival games, the roller coaster, ferris wheel and some of the rides, plus bumper cars. Then we'll head down to spumoni gardens for the best pizza ever.

so whoever wants to come is welcome on anyday of the weekend.

- The Sleeper - 06-24-2003

Quote:that's one of those bands that 99.99% of the world hasn't heard of, right?
actually they are somewhat popular, and maybe I'll go to the poker game anyway. I'll see.

- IrishAlkey - 06-24-2003

I'm gonna' try and go fill out the paperwork this Thurseday.

- PatCooper - 06-24-2003

Quote:Sunday we are getting together in brooklyn to go down to coney island, see the carnival games, the roller coaster, ferris wheel and some of the rides, plus bumper cars.

I bet he's real excited about that trip. If he's real lucky it will be ahot night and all the niggas will be walking around. someone needs to video this shit.

- LyricalGomez - 06-24-2003

Gonzo will be there though, so Jack will remain unharmed

- Arpikarhu - 06-24-2003

if it was the 19th , i would go. i cant do friday nights. :-(

- Arpikarhu - 06-24-2003

and i could do softball if it was on the third. you guys are killing me! move both one day later!!

- GonzoStyle - 06-25-2003

IrishAlkey Wrote:I'm gonna' try and go fill out the paperwork this Thurseday.
:thumbs-up:

so is anyone coming the 18th or will it just be jack, trish and me?

- crx girl - 06-25-2003

Quote:i cant do friday nights
i can't do saturday nights. :9:

- Hey Ladi - 06-25-2003

:lookatme: I'll go

That's the spirit.

so far we got:

Trish
Jack
Baker
Goatweed
Ladi
Gonzo

I smell a... well something smells.

- HedCold - 06-25-2003

i'm trying to go to pittsburgh that weekend Undecided

Hopefully you fail and come hang out with us :5:

I think we need an incentive here.

Everyone who comes gets to kick baker in the nuts or punch him in the heart.

please form one straight line.

- Gooch - 06-25-2003

put me down for the 18th

- The Sleeper - 06-25-2003

i'm gonna steal his paxil

It's a party now!!!!

so who's bringing the table and stuff?

and is everyone cool with using jacks hotel room?

- LyricalGomez - 06-25-2003

I would like to protest