CDIH
Hulk - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Hulk (/showthread.php?tid=6703)

- GonzoStyle - 06-28-2003

Just came back from seeing the hulk. It wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. Ending was kinda poorly done though but overall not too bad of a film. Some of the scenes were just plain silly but its a fun film to watch.

I like how it was shot though, it was done where certain scenes were laid out on the screen like a comic book page which was pretty cool.

Eric Bana was a surprise, I didnt know he was playing Bruce Banner. I remembered him from "Chopper" but he has gotten much smaller since then, he used to be pretty thick, not fat but more muscular he looks much better and gave a super performace.

- Arpikarhu - 06-28-2003

Chopper is a kick ass film!!

- GonzoStyle - 06-28-2003

It really was, it coulda been better though. His performance was superb, trully a tour de force showing. They just didn't delve into his character enough, the kinda shit he did in life was tame compared to what they showed in the film.

- PatCooper - 06-28-2003

The Hulk was lame. It took to Damn long till you actually saw the hulk. And i thought the acting sucked too. Everyone except Nolte talked in a very monotone voice and some scenes went on and on for no real reason. As far as the way it was shot. Ahhh it was ok. the split screens got annoying after a half hour. Some really cool and different camera angles from one shot to another. Dont waste your time. See X-2 again.

- Arpikarhu - 06-28-2003

how about chopper. should we see that again?

- PatCooper - 06-28-2003

i never saw it so i cant comment.

- Arpikarhu - 06-28-2003

you should. great movie!

- LyricalGomez - 06-28-2003

Hulk sucked

That's all you need to know.

- Arpikarhu - 06-28-2003

i am counting that one. YIPPEE!! sig keeps on rockin!!

- Kid Afrika - 06-29-2003

Ok, I have a major problem with the entire premise of the Hulk movie. First of all, there's way to much CG in movies these days. Secondly, to have the Hulk be entirely CG is just fucking laughable. I picture this movie being Roger Rabbit - teh funney.

I will not spend my non-existent $9 to see this pile of shit they call a movie. I will, however, reserve my right to throw a hissy fit when they call it the movie of the year.

I never read the comic, but the whole thing about the TV show was that it was a real big (while dumb) guy playing David Banner turned Hulk. When you take away the person from the Hulk persona, it's no longer feasible, but more or less magic.

Sure, there's the argument that movies aren't real, but most movie characters don't turn into cartoons when the going gets rough.

This movie gets two fists up arpi's ass, without my even seeing it. :thumbs-up:

- onehung - 06-29-2003

Quote:there's way to much CG
CG ?

Quote:I will not spend my non-existent $9
Vegas has been good to you huh :poke:

- Gooch - 06-29-2003

kid a: still making opinions on shit never experienced or seen. bravo-o :21:

i thought movie was fine, interesting...flawed...but the performances were good, well-shot, and the CGI did not bother me as much as i thought it would. moreover, the movies tries to do many things...tell a comic book story on a emotional scale, and i'm not sure Ang hits the mark, really. Xmen 2 is a far better movie, overall, but the emotional content of that movie is less than the people who came out to my YMB drink get-together. :11:

- Arpikarhu - 06-29-2003

Quote:This movie gets two fists up arpi's ass, without my even seeing it.
1. still thinking about my ass i see.
2. forming an opinion based on something you havent even seen is called ignorance. something you seem to have in abundance.

- GonzoStyle - 06-29-2003

Well think of it this way, how lame would it have been if they used an actor to play the hulk. I really don't see how they coulda done it any other way. With something like the hulk you either do it all CGI or none at all. Otherwise whats the point if you just powder up some roid freak with green powder?

- LyricalGomez - 06-29-2003

Hulk looked fine, infact he looked much, much better than I thought he would, but the rest of the movie was bleh. I expected character development, but still, it was too long before the Hulk showed up. Spiderman explained the backstory and was still entertaining, and Hulk had the chance to do the same but totally blew it.

It's worth watching, but not in theatres.

- Kid Afrika - 06-29-2003

CG - Computer Generated

As for having an opinion on a movie I haven't seen, I thought I stated rather clearly that I had a problem with the concept of the movie. I don't have to see the movie to know that it's premise of having a person turn into a cartoon character is not something I want to see.

You see, I am of the opinion that CGI is supposed to be seamlessly integrated into a movie. And done in such a way that it is hard to distinguish.

- Gooch - 06-29-2003

Download the fuckin movie already, you lazy bastard. Rolleyes

- Kid Afrika - 06-30-2003

That's another part of my point dear goochy...

I won't even be troubled to download this movie. That's how much I lack interest in seeing it. I may watch it on cable when it's out, but that's about the only chance that I'll be seeing it.

- Gooch - 07-01-2003

(in other words..i'm so lazy i just use a 56k) :34: