CDIH
Bruce Lee vs. Jet Li - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bruce Lee vs. Jet Li (/showthread.php?tid=6704)

Pages: 1 2

- crack hitler - 06-28-2003

i am sitting here watching this martial arts in movies show, and thinking, yes bruce is amazing and will always be one of the best martial artists, but is jet li better? the problem is that because of how bruce died nobody wants to say that possibly someone is better then him, its like blasphemy, so nobody could get a fair chance in a comparison. but i think jet is faster and more dynamic than bruce.
either way, i think that Jet is the best martial artist today
discuss amongst yourselves

Edited By crack hitler on 1056789032

- Arpikarhu - 06-28-2003

you need to get out more.

- GonzoStyle - 06-28-2003

Yeah but you gotta think of it in a simpler way.

Could have rocky marciano beat todays heavyweights? No, for one simple reason evolution of the athlete. You can't compare todays athlete to someone from over 30 years ago. It's all a game of opinion, each man had his own qualities and strengths. On strict discipline and strength I may have to go with Bruce though.

But it's like people trying to compare bonds to the power hitters of yesteryear, it is unfair. 50 years ago there were no personal trainers, there were guys who helped them train but they didnt have the tools they have today. With computers, shakes and drinks, pills, etc etc. The only shakes they had back then was a martini after the game, back when they kept beer in the locker rooms.

Quote:you need to get out more.
maybe you could take me out to a bar and we could talk about pez, that way i would know what its like to have a real life like yours

- GonzoStyle - 06-28-2003

My money is on eric every single time, lets set the over under at 2 seconds, i'll take the under.

- Arpikarhu - 06-28-2003

GonzoStyle Wrote:My money is on eric every single time, lets set the over under at 2 seconds, i'll take the under.
i would thrash that little Rent wannabe without mussing my hair. i would be bruce lee to his bruce vilanch(sp?)

Edited By Arpikarhu on 1056834683

- Arpikarhu - 06-28-2003

Quote:maybe you could take me out to a bar and we could talk about pez, that way i would know what its like to have a real life like yours
yes, cause laying around the house as sullen teen poseur is quite the life. Rolleyes

- crx girl - 06-28-2003

Quote:i would thrash that little Rent wannbe without mussing my hair
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rolleyes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited By crx girl on 1056833911

- Arpikarhu - 06-28-2003

crx girl Wrote:
Quote:i would thrash that little Rent wannbe without mussing my hair
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rolleyes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
how little you know. there is a great boxing ring set up here by us. any time he wants to step in for a couple of hundred, i am game.

no gloves, no shoes, no biting, no eye gouging, full contact. those are the terms

- Arpikarhu - 06-28-2003

they wont let us use the facility without gloves, otherwise, i agree to your terms. and any damage occured we promise not to bring in any outside authorities. i dont feel like being sued when i destroy your knees

- LyricalGomez - 06-28-2003

I think Jet Li would probablly defeat Bruce simply because he is among the fastest fighters ever, but Bruce did far more for Martial Arts than Jet Li ever will.

- GonzoStyle - 06-29-2003

There's a misconception of using gloves in fighting. Gloves do not hinder your punching power a single bit. The whole point of gloves is protecting your hands from breaking. If anything at the very least I say use 8 ounce gloves.

I think we have a get together on our hands here but ofcourse its not sanctioned by myself or the board, it's on your own accord. It's simply a gentlemanly exhibition between you two.

I'll take erics corner, gomez can take arpis.

- LyricalGomez - 06-29-2003

Why am I in Arpi's corner?

I'm disappointed in you Gonzo </3

So the favor will be totally in our corner, you may be in arpis corner but your still fighting the good fight for us.

- LyricalGomez - 06-29-2003

I'll cut him even if it's not needed

That's the spirit.

- crx girl - 06-30-2003

Quote:I think Jet Li would probablly defeat Bruce simply because he is among the fastest fighters ever
but wasn't bruce lee like, the fastest ever?

oh, and
Quote:how little you know
how much do you know?

- Keyser Soze - 06-30-2003

ill bet $1000 this fight never even happens.

- crack hitler - 06-30-2003

Quote:There's a misconception of using gloves in fighting. Gloves do not hinder your punching power a single bit. The whole point of gloves is protecting your hands from breaking. If anything at the very least I say use 8 ounce gloves.
yeah but you can't grab with gloves on, what happens when we both go down and it turns into who can get a submission hold or a joint lock on the other, your totally fucked with gloves