CDIH
You know that anti-pot commercial - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: You know that anti-pot commercial (/showthread.php?tid=6711)

Pages: 1 2

- Suzie - 06-30-2003

The one where the kids goes, "My brother smoked pot. He didn't move on to harder drugss. He didn't rob or kill anybody to get money....he didn't do much of anything" thent hey cut to the adult brother tokin int he basement.

I have mixed feelings about this one. I'm usually VERY anti the truth or other fabricated anti-drug PSAs, I even encourage people to smoke when they see them. But this one is rather truthful, I can't argue with putting out the message that pot makes you lazy. Can't believe that there's actually an anti-drug commercial that I'm not opposed to.

- Gooch - 06-30-2003

you should look to star in the next one :10:

:moonie:

- Keyser Soze - 06-30-2003

the truth commercials are pretty well done.

- Hey Ladi - 06-30-2003

yes, I too thought the rest sucked ... but this commercial, I couldn't shrug off the honesty of it

- Suzie - 06-30-2003

My issue with the truth commericals is that in our free speech society you're no longer allowed to advertise cigarrettes, thus then it shouldn't be legal to promote not using them.

- crx girl - 06-30-2003

yeah, i just saw that one the other day. i can't believe someone finally came up with the idea of being realistic. the rest of them are awful. either they lie outright, or talk in circles or just basically make no sense. but this new one, yeah, it's honest...

- Suzie - 06-30-2003

the other one I like is where the punked out kid with piercings is going out and his mom asks who he'll be with when he's coming home, etc. Encouraging 'rents to let their teen be themselves and just jave an idea what's going on in their social life. I fully support that.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 06-30-2003

my favorite anti-drug commercial is the one where the two douchebag kids are high, and they are playing around with a gun and one kid gets shot.

its hilarious :5:

- LyricalGomez - 06-30-2003

I don't think it's that funny

Ok, maybe it is

You're right, it's hilarious :5: :5:

- Kid Afrika - 06-30-2003

Weed has different effects on different people.

I used to smoke and then clean my house.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 06-30-2003

and then eat......a lot.

- Galt - 06-30-2003

I am so opposed to the "The truth" ads. I fucking hate them. How tax dollars or settlement dollars from the tobacco companies or wherever the government gets the money can be used to attack an entire legal industry pisses me off.

If you want to ban the manufacture of cigarettes, then fucking put it to a vote. But instead, they are slowly but surely trying to ban the industry, by making it illegal to smoke anywhere in the public, and demonize a legal industry. I hate it so.

That said, "Project SCUM" is one of the greatest named marketing campaigns in the history of business.

- Velociti - 06-30-2003

mmm all this talk of weed.... think I might just roll a nice spliff.

- Suzie - 06-30-2003

what is project SCUM?

- Galt - 06-30-2003

"Sub-culture and Urban marketing" It was a marketing campaign that RJ Reynolds had temporarily named that targeted gays, minorities, homeless, and other sub-humans.

here

I still see nothing wrong with it. They are targeting a segment. It's a typical business plan.

- The Jays - 07-01-2003

... I like the weed commercial where the dude is standing at the grill, and is about to flip over the sirloin, and then the orchestra cues up, ready to start playing the Adam Copeland song, but then the guy motions that its not ready yet, and then they wait, and he checks again, and he nods ok, and then they starting playing and then the commercial ends "Weed. It's what's for dinner."

- Ken'sPen - 07-02-2003

I hate the commercial where the dad talks about the great lengths he goes to to make sure his kid is drug free.....
searching his room etc.
ok great it tells the parent to be dilligent,
but it also tells the kid not to trust the parents cause they are playing big brother on you 24x7. I think a message of mutual trust would be better.

- Galt - 07-02-2003

I like how you can steal your children's hair and send it off to a lab and have it secretly tested for drugs.

It really breeds a nice atmosphere of distrust and lack of communication so your kids eventually hate you and refuse to bring your grandchildren around. Then you die alone and your children become Asshole adults.

- Hybrid - 07-05-2003

i like when the girl on the bike gets hit by the car at the drive through

- Galt - 07-05-2003

I like how when I write your name it shows up as The The Sleeper's