CDIH
Kill Bill - the return of Quentin Tarantino - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Kill Bill - the return of Quentin Tarantino (/showthread.php?tid=6779)

Pages: 1 2

- PlasticMan - 07-08-2003

Finally saw a trailer for this (on the straight-to-video "Dracula (2000) II") DVD. I think Quentin may seriously redeem himself for the awefulness that was Jackie Brown.

Quick synopsis: Uma Thurman is on a revenge trip, going after a criminal mastermind: David Carradine.

- Galt - 07-08-2003

but it won't redeem his excruciating awfulness of Dusk Til Dawn though, right?

- PlasticMan - 07-08-2003

Granted.

- Goatweed - 07-08-2003

I thought From Dusk Till Dawn was alright - I took it at face value and enjoyed it as such.

But yeah, Kill Bill looks like it's gonna kick ass :thumbs-up:

- Arpikarhu - 07-08-2003

the guy wrote 1 screenplay, (that he actually stole from someone else and had to pay off), turned it into 3 movies and is now finished. he shot his load.

- The Sleeper - 07-08-2003

Quote:the guy wrote 1 screenplay, (that he actually stole from someone else and had to pay off),
explain

- Arpikarhu - 07-08-2003

his friend wrote a screenplay, a long one. quentin helped him with some of the parts. the script eventually became resevoir dogs, pulp fiction, and true romance. quentin had to buy off his friend for taking the script. this was all documented in a book, the title of which escapes me.i will remember it in the middle of the night. tarantino really came off as a complete asshole. after he used up his friends ideas, he made a few movies that were all flops. his friend is the true genius.

- GonzoStyle - 07-08-2003

Galt Wrote:but it won't redeem his excruciating awfulness of Dusk Til Dawn though, right?
Robert Rodriguez was Directed from dusk till dawn, him and tarantino are good friends. Tarantino helped write the script somewhat.

Rodriguez also directed el mariachi and desperado.

I quite enjoyed it though.

- LyricalGomez - 07-09-2003

Cheech Marin's pussy speech is great

- Arpikarhu - 07-09-2003

yes, absolute genius. Rolleyes

- LyricalGomez - 07-09-2003

I didn't say that, but it is funny

- GonzoStyle - 07-09-2003

It is funny.

- Arpikarhu - 07-09-2003

the only redeeming moment of the entire movie is salma.

Fred Williamson

- Arpikarhu - 07-09-2003

yes, fred williamson too. but not as much as salma
[Image: 039_22156.jpg]

- Danked - 07-09-2003

[Image: sh-dog11-f.jpg]

:loveya:

- Arpikarhu - 07-09-2003

best part of that movie as well.
what a tummy! :bouncer:

- Galt - 07-09-2003

Dusk 'til Dawn is a blight on society.

It's a cinematic masterpiece which must be cherished and cared for to secure it's greatness for future generations.

- The Sleeper - 07-09-2003

Arpikarhu Wrote:his friend wrote a screenplay, a long one. quentin helped him with some of the parts. the script eventually became resevoir dogs, pulp fiction, and true romance. quentin had to buy off his friend for taking the script. this was all documented in a book, the title of which escapes me.i will remember it in the middle of the night. tarantino really came off as a complete asshole. after he used up his friends ideas, he made a few movies that were all flops. his friend is the true genius.
this saddens me