CDIH
why is my clock slow - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: why is my clock slow (/showthread.php?tid=6824)

Pages: 1 2

- crack hitler - 07-13-2003

ok so the clock on my computer is slow, sometimes it runs fine, but usually it runs slow, it updates fine, but then it starts slowing down again. why does it do this?

- The Sleeper - 07-13-2003

i had a real clock do that once. it was the most annoying thing ever.

- GonzoStyle - 07-13-2003

That happens to my comp clock too.

I just chalk it up to when my comp freezes up and stuff. It's never too off, maybe a couple few minutes.

- crack hitler - 07-13-2003

no its not like that, its a few hours off, if i open the clock on the bottem right of the screen and look at the big clock with the hands and stuff, the second hand sicks and stutters, at eh moment i am an hour behind and i reset it somtime aroiund 1:00 this afternoon :9:

- PlasticMan - 07-13-2003

Quote:i had a real clock do that once. it was the most annoying thing ever.

Pretty much the same reason, I'd bet... There's a watch-battery-lookin' thing on your motherboard which is probably run down, so when you turn off your computer, it doesn't keep the clock up-to-date. My aunt had this problem on a Mac, but I assume it's the same issue.

- GonzoStyle - 07-13-2003

When Jack gets here he will tell you to reformat.

- LyricalGomez - 07-13-2003

I thought crack was saying his cock was slow

I am now left disappointed

- Jack - 07-13-2003

Plasticman is right. You need to replace your motherboard battery. 99.9% of the motherboards in windows pc's use the CR2032 battery.

- The Sleeper - 07-13-2003

try running in safe mode

- PatCooper - 07-13-2003

I always had this problem on my computer at work. The clock on the wall was always correct but the time on the computer was maybe 10 minutes behind. I would always argue with my boss about which time was correct. It ended with me telling him it was a bug in the windows program. He bought it!

- Kim - 07-13-2003

No comment on the itelligence of your boss... :11:

Crack...first your water (clockwise) runs funny and now the clock??? Who did you piss off?? :35:

- Goatweed - 07-14-2003

try winding it - usually works for me :thumbs-up:

- GonzoStyle - 07-14-2003

Maybe your clock will run you all the way back to the golden age.

- Arpikarhu - 07-14-2003

you can guess what i think will solve the problem. :thumbs-up:

- Galt - 07-14-2003

Killing his parents? Or is that Hybrid's thing?

- Arpikarhu - 07-14-2003

hybrid. i am scuzzi cleaning

- Bartman - 07-30-2003

the answer to the real clock thingy is those clocks get tehir timing from the power lines which have a 60hz frequency which makes 60 ticks a scond for a clock so therefore that gives it 1 minute...somtimes your power is slitghtly off and it fucks w/ the clock times....not a big problem but if you wnat a fix get an electrition to check out the power in your house or appartment

- PlasticMan - 07-30-2003

Ah no. Clock has nothing to do with your power lines, or you'd have to reset it every time you unplug your computer (which you don't).

Next.

- crx girl - 07-30-2003

Bartman Wrote:the answer to the real clock thingy is those clocks get tehir timing from the power lines which have a 60hz frequency which makes 60 ticks a scond for a clock so therefore that gives it 1 minute...somtimes your power is slitghtly off and it fucks w/ the clock times....not a big problem but if you wnat a fix get an electrition to check out the power in your house or appartment
yeah, no. it's slow since he got it, and has lived in two places sincel....

yeah, so i just noticed he said real clock but uh, yeah, anyway....

Edited By crx girl on 1059585534

- The Jays - 07-31-2003

Quote:why is my clock slow

It's tired.