CDIH
What happened to the prestige of Guiness? - Not The Beer, (sorry Goaty) - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: What happened to the prestige of Guiness? - Not The Beer, (sorry Goaty) (/showthread.php?tid=6834)

- GonzoStyle - 07-14-2003

Quote:SYDNEY (Reuters) - An Australian woman has ripped her way into the record books by giving bikini waxes to 130 people in four hours without apparent mishap.

Lareesa Guttery, a beauty therapist in the western city of Perth, claimed her new record Saturday when she almost doubled British woman Deanne Ware's two-year-old mark of 77 waxes.

She said her only problem had been a lack of willing volunteers.

"We had to go out into the mall and persuade people to come in and get waxed," Guttery told Australian Associated Press.

Six of her teary-eyed subjects were men.

"A couple of the women were in a bit of pain after the procedure, but there were no real mishaps, thankfully," she said.

"I think I could do 200...if we can get the volunteers."

Guttery was not at work Monday and unavailable for further comment.

Her record bid was witnessed by two qualified beauty therapists, whose job it was to make sure the waxes were completed properly. The record will be formally lodged with the Guinness Book of Records later Monday.

What happened to gettin the new copy of Guiness' Book Of World Records and reading all the amazing feats in it?

When shit like this is included, most waxes? So that means any normal feat a human does can be considered a record if they do it a lot? I mean some things just have to be looked at and said, "sorry thats just retarded".

Lets just get all the mop guys from the peep shows and see who can mop up the most cum in a single day?

I got the new guiness book last year, it was horrible. Even most of the old records werent in there anymore, the cool ones like the freak records, fattest conjoined twins.

- Goatweed - 07-14-2003

edit * nevermind, goddamn Topic Descriptions :angry:

Edited By goatweed on 1058209338

Quote:Not The Beer, (sorry Goaty)

cuz i know how you think. :thumbs-up:

- Goatweed - 07-14-2003

<3 :loveya:

as for the true topic, I never bought into World Records bullshit, because this is exactly what most of them are :
Quote:any normal feat a human does can be considered a record if they do it a lot

The WWE records are more respectable than most of the Guiness ones.

- The Sleeper - 07-14-2003

The guy with the most tattoos freaked me out when i was a kid

The guy with the longest fingernails always got me.

They dont have any of those anymore.

Its all bullshit like this, and the most expensive monopoly board.

- Goatweed - 07-14-2003

Quote:Its all bullshit like this, and the most expensive monopoly board.

it's a really nice board - I'll bring it out one of these nights.

The solid gold board was nice, but the ruby hotels with diamond clustered chimneys was a bit too gaudy.

- Goatweed - 07-14-2003

the look pretty in the sunlight though.