CDIH
Best fight scenes from a film - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Best fight scenes from a film (/showthread.php?tid=688)

Pages: 1 2

- GonzoStyle - 03-05-2002

What's your favorite fight scenes? I was watching 'Return Of Th Dragon' The fight scene with Bruce Lee & Chuck Norris in the Collesium always gets me.

- Bruce Lee Vs. Chuck Norris - Return of the Dragon

- End sword fight scene - 'Blade'

- The Duel of the Fates lightsaber battle with Darth Maul - Star Wars The Phantom Menace

- Braveheart - The first fight scene when Wallace comes back on horseback with his hands behind his back, I always loved that scene.

- The alley fight in 'They Live' with Roddy Piper & Keith David

- Lethal Weapon 4 - Gibson & Glover Vs. Jet Li

- Fight Club - Edward Norton Vs. Edward Norton in the office. Brad Pitt Vs. The Owner Of The Pub. Actually almost every fight scene. BUT The most BRUTAL Edward Norton in the "I wanted to destroy something beautiful" scene.

- Galt - 03-05-2002

Die Hard.--Bruce Willis versus that long-haired blond dude (real live ballerina - come on Ikea you know his name). Fucking great fight scene. Seeing as how it was 15 years ago, that was really one of the first realistic fight scenes in a movie, where people weren't boxing, or doing kung fu shit. They were throwing each other around and bashing heads against poles. Great great scene.

A Christmas Story-- when Ralphie kneels on the bully's arms and just whales the shit out of him while cursing up a storm. I always loved that scene. The kid's bleading all over the place because his nose exploded. Totally fucking sweet.

The finales of Rocky II and Rocky III. Rocky II was a much better fight, but in Rocky III, Clubber didn't land a punch until halfway throught the second round. "Nah nah nah, he's not gettin hurt - he's gettin MAD!!!" Good times.

The Jew and the German fighting in Saving Private Ryan until the Nazi knifes him. Very suspenseful as you knew it would be a fight to the death (and NO THIS WAS NOT THE SAME GUY THEY RELEASED EARLIER IN THE MOVIE)

Does "the soap" from Full Metal Jacket count as a fight scene? I don't care. It ruled completely.

Also, might not qualify as "a fight", but Edward Norton splitting that butterhead's skull open in American History X. Quite possibly the most disturbing scene I've seen in a movie. As soon as he told the kid to bite the curb, I knew exactly what was going to happen, and my reflex was to turn away and not watch becuase I thought it was going to be more graphic.

- JIMMYSNUKA - 03-05-2002

Rainbow Bright vs. Dark Princess in Rainbow Bright and The Star Stealer.

- Gooch - 03-05-2002

I always like the McCloud clan fight scene in the beginning of Highlander

Darth Maul final swordfight was great...no doubt

Matrix: Neo vs. the Agent at the subway station

- IkeaBoy - 03-05-2002

Ash V Evil Ash- Army of Darkness
Randall V Dante in the quick stop. Any fight scene that involves a loaf of bread is a good fight in my b ook.
Black Knight V King Arthur- Holy Grail

- JIMMYSNUKA - 03-05-2002

The ending of True Romance, when everyone meets up at the hotel room.

FAN FUCKING TASTIC

- GonzoStyle - 03-05-2002

Quote:The Jew and the German fighting in Saving Private Ryan until the Nazi knifes him. Very suspenseful as you knew it would be a fight to the death

That is actually one of the most chilling scenes I can remember. When he's begging for his life and all the Nazi says is "shhhhh", that has to be the most bone chilling scene I have scene in a while.

- criticslovesnatch - 03-05-2002

Lobby scene in the matrix

Gunfight with Ill Duce in Boondock Saints

really any of the fight scenes in crouching tiger Confusedeph:

"I want to destroy something beautiful" is great

The gunfight at the end of J&SBSB just for will ferrell shooting and saying "shit shit shit shit shit" as he ran away :roflmao:

- PatCooper - 03-05-2002

Quote:The ending of True Romance, when everyone meets up at the hotel room.

Yes that scene does fucking rock. But an even better one from True Romance is James Gandolfini and Patricia Aquette beating the shit out of each other all over the motel room.

- Doc - 03-05-2002

The last fight scene in "Drunken Master 2"

I love old Jackie Chan flicks

- PatCooper - 03-05-2002

How about the fight between Wesley Snipes and Ice T in New Jack City. I did like the Duel of fate in Episode one also, but i gotta take the Darth Vader vs Luke Skywalker in Empire Strikes Back over it.

- shotgirl - 03-06-2002

Quote:A Christmas Story-- when Ralphie kneels on the bully's arms and just whales the shit out of him while cursing up a storm. I always loved that scene. The kid's bleading all over the place because his nose exploded. Totally fucking sweet.
LOL. i totally forgot about that scene. that fight cracks me up.

- FNMoron - 03-06-2002

PatCooper Wrote:
Quote:The ending of True Romance, when everyone meets up at the hotel room.

Yes that scene does fucking rock. But an even better one from True Romance is James Gandolfini and Patricia Aquette beating the shit out of each other all over the motel room.
oooooh... Patricia looks so hot covered in blood in her bra with that big friggin gun....

- Hybrid - 03-06-2002

any fight scene in the matrix, gladiator, or braveheart.

- Galt - 03-06-2002

Tommy and Jimmy stomping on that guy's grill in the bar in Goodfellas.

The fight in Dazed and Confused that was all planned to last 2 punches until "the crowd" broke it up, only to have everyone stand there and watch him get beaten half to death.

Rob Lowe's fight at the end of Youngblood. As a kid playing hockey growing up that was in grained in my soul

The last fight at the end of Gladiator (no not the Russell Crowe one, the Cuba Gooding jr one about boxing). Brian Dennehy and some white kid bare knuckle boxing and beating each other to a bloody pulp and breaking hands on foreheads.

- Metalfan - 03-06-2002

Woody Harrelson vs. Vanessa Angel in Kingpin....lots of suspense and drama there.

Oh, and Galt.....Alexander Gundanov

- Arthur Dent - 03-07-2002

For shear technical brilliance, the knife fight between Tommy Lee Jones and Stephen Segal in Under Siege. You have to watch it in slow-motion on a DVD to really see how intricate and realistic that knife fight really was. I'm amazed TLJ was able to keep up.

- Doc - 03-08-2002

Quote:I'm amazed TLJ was able to keep up.

Naw, this is Stephen Segal circa 1995, he's old, fat, and slow. Young Stephen Segal would have been a harder time for Jones to deal with.

You have to remember the rule of Stephen Segal. Each movie he does, the ponytail gets longer and he gets fatter.

- IkeaBoy - 03-10-2002

i'm not sure if this is a 'fight' but the attempted hit on Albert Finney with Danny Boy playing in Miller's Crossing is fantastic.

- Arthur Dent - 03-11-2002

Doc, I thought the rule was "nobody is allowed to hit Stephen Seagal in fight scene. EVER!"