CDIH
Panic room - New david fincher movie - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Panic room - New david fincher movie (/showthread.php?tid=693)

- Maynard - 03-06-2002

Panic Room

This looks like it's going to rock! Its from David Fincher, so can it be bad?

Anyone else heard anything about it?

- SLASH - 03-06-2002

I saw the trailer back in January for it. It looks really good.

I know not a lot of people liked The Game, but I liked The Game a lot. I am looking foward to this movie.

Have a good night tonight, and a better day tomorrow. Peace be with you...

- IkeaBoy - 03-06-2002

i saw the trailer and I'm definitely excited over this one.

- The Sleeper - 03-06-2002

David Fincher and Dwight Yoakam, sounds like a must see.

- Galt - 03-06-2002

SLASH Wrote:I saw the trailer back in January for it. It looks really good.

I know not a lot of people liked The Game, but I liked The Game a lot. I am looking foward to this movie.

The game was a good idea, but it was just too implausible. There were just too many coincidences that happened in the movie that if they didn't happen exactly as they did, the ending wouldn't have occurred properly (with the last one being Michael Douglas jumping off the exact part of the roof where the mattress was as opposed to any other portion of that giant roof.

I understand the psychological tests angle which is used to explain away every angle of the story ("No they KNEW he was going to do that becuase of the pschological tests") which hold some water sometimes, but they're going to tell where a guy is going to jump off a roof, and at what angle and what speed?

But Seven and obviously Fight Club ruled.

- Hey Ladi - 03-06-2002

Galt Wrote:
SLASH Wrote:I saw the trailer back in January for it. It looks really good.

The game was a good idea, but it was just too implausible. There were just too many coincidences that happened in the movie that if they didn't happen exactly as they did, the ending wouldn't have occurred properly (with the last one being Michael Douglas jumping off the exact part of the roof where the mattress was as opposed to any other portion of that giant roof.

I understand the psychological tests angle which is used to explain away every angle of the story ("No they KNEW he was going to do that becuase of the pschological tests") which hold some water sometimes, but they're going to tell where a guy is going to jump off a roof, and at what angle and what speed?

But Seven and obviously Fight Club ruled.
Dude it was a MOVIE! Relax a little :roflmao:

And this preview looked lame, but if those are all his other movies...... suddenly it sounds better. I'm just wondering why they have a stupid hiding room, and why do the other people want in? I hope there is more to it than that.

- criticslovesnatch - 03-06-2002

I saw the trailer for that, it does look very good.

The movie that I'm waiting for is Insomnia, which is directed by Christopher Nolan, the guy who directed Memento. The trailor looks really great, can't wait to see it.

- Bondgirl - 03-06-2002

Hey Ladi Wrote:And this preview looked lame, but if those are all his other movies...... suddenly it sounds better. I'm just wondering why they have a stupid hiding room, and why do the other people want in? I hope there is more to it than that.
Ladi..I agree with you..I thought the preview looked kind of stupid, but if those are his other movies, I might give it a shot

- IkeaBoy - 03-06-2002

criticslovesnatch Wrote:I saw the trailer for that, it does look very good.

The movie that I'm waiting for is Insomnia, which is directed by Christopher Nolan, the guy who directed Memento. The trailor looks really great, can't wait to see it.
Insomnia does look good as well. Robin Williams also has Death to Smoochy coming out which I'm looking forward to. It seems odd looking forward to Robin Williams movies, let alone 2 in one year.

- Maynard - 03-06-2002

Wow, thanks CLS, I haven't seen that preview till now. That looks really good. Robin Williams as the bad guy?? NICE!!!

- SLASH - 03-06-2002

Maynard Wrote:Wow, thanks CLS, I haven't seen that preview till now. That looks really good. Robin Williams as the bad guy?? NICE!!!
Fuck Quicktime Player 5 and Flash Player 5. I refuse to upgrade!

- IkeaBoy - 03-06-2002

Maynard Wrote:Robin Williams as the bad guy?? NICE!!!
he was actually the bad guy in the first drafts of a lot more movies than you think. In Bicentennial Man he was originally to get a virus half way through and becomes a psychotic killing machine.

Edited By IkeaBoy on Mar. 06 2002 at 1:36

- Maynard - 03-06-2002

Quote:in the first drafts
That being the key.