CDIH
Bowling For Columbine - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bowling For Columbine (/showthread.php?tid=7227)

Pages: 1 2 3

- GonzoStyle - 08-27-2003

I saw it a few weeks back but couldnt post about it.

I like Michael Moore at times, when he doesn't get too political. The main stay with him is he atleast always tries to present his case instead of just splurging out his opinion without any facts like most people do.

It's a very good piece of work and one of the finest and thought provoking documentaries I have seen in a very long time.

One of the most surprising aspects is his interview with Marilyn Manson, he made so much sense. Manson has his shit so together and so calm, he's still fuckin ugly though.

- Galt - 08-27-2003

Moore is just as bad as Rush or O'Reilly or any of those other politicos.

The thing that makes him worse is that the way he edits his material doesn't only make it appear that his opinion is the only valid one (like the other two do) but that those who disagree with him are
A) idiots who have no grasp of reason and/or compassion
B) lying scumbags who only care about money, and if they get to kill, maim, pollute, or otherwise destroy lives that's a bonus
C) Are so afraid of his power and truth that they seek to avoid him at all costs

you fall into category A, or what arpi would call a "ladi"

- Galt - 08-27-2003

:26:

I didn't mean that buddy, I dunno what came over me.

- Sir O - 08-27-2003

I take everything Micheal Moore says with a grain of salt. He's like the left's Ann Coulter, only more feminine.

Bowling For Columbine was pretty good though.

- HedCold - 08-27-2003

Quote:Manson has his shit so together and so calm, he's still fuckin ugly though.
what i always liked about manson is that everything he says about himself and how he lives is true. he doesn't try and sugar coat anything or try to say he acts a certain way and then goes home to do something else in private. with him what you see is what you get

- PlasticMan - 08-27-2003

Liked the movie, but what was the conclusion? These things happen because we live in a culture of fear? What the fuck do we do about that?

- Galt - 08-27-2003

Sir O Wrote:I take everything Micheal Moore says with a grain of salt. He's like the left's Ann Coulter, only more feminine.
That is an amazing analogy.

I've always hated that cunt.

Edited By Galt on 1061994234

- Gooch - 08-27-2003

Quote:The thing that makes him worse is that the way he edits his material doesn't only make it appear that his opinion is the only valid one

So, basically, he can start working for FoxNews straight-away.

- Keyser Soze - 08-27-2003

gonzo, i thought you hated michael moore. didnt we have a thread about him awhile back. maybe im thinking of someone else who dispised him.

- Galt - 08-27-2003

:lookatme:

- Keyser Soze - 08-27-2003

thanks for clearing that up.

you have to admit Moore is entertaining, even if he might be way left.

I don't hate Michael Moore, I hate him when he gets overly political with his pieces.

I do hate former heavyweight champion Michael Moorer though.

- crx girl - 08-28-2003

is he the one that chased down that guy in the parking lot?

oh, i liked roger and me

- Sir O - 08-28-2003

I just watched Bowling For Columbine again. I saw it when it first came out, but now, I'm seeing it in a different light. I need to collect my thoughts.

I do think the "Culture Of Fear" thing is very accurate, if nothing else. What are people really scared of? I never lock my door...

- GonzoStyle - 08-28-2003

you just gotta look at how people acted during the Y2K scare, or more recently the "Duct tape and plastic" scare when people were cleaning out the shelves.

The media are fuckin bloodhounds who live off peoples fears, they are like fuckin boogeymen. When something goes down they just focus on the worst that can happen and have "experts" on round the clock preparing people for the constant new fear or "apocalypse". People are naturally always prepared for the worst, they panic immediatly over everything cause it's like the whole pavlovs dog experiment. The word "terror" is now a household word, it's on the news every 2 seconds, over and over it's terror and more terror.

Like in primary colors, "people don't care if you are vindicated, the only care if you are guilty, guilty sells and makes for good press." People don't care about positivity, they want dirt.

- The Jays - 08-29-2003

I liked the part of Bowling for Columbine when Michael Moore just made shit up and edited things to his point of view. Oh wait, I just gave away the movie, sorry dudes.

- Galt - 08-29-2003

The Jays Wrote:I liked the part of Bowling for Columbine when Michael Moore just made shit up and edited things to his point of view. Oh wait, I just gave away the movie, sorry dudes.
Are you sure you're not thinking of an Oliver Stone movie?

- The Jays - 08-29-2003

Stone never won an Oscar for Best Documentary by doing a fictional film.