CDIH
XBOX Live - finally gets upgraded! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: XBOX Live - finally gets upgraded! (/showthread.php?tid=7347)

- LZMF1 - 09-11-2003

Quote:Xbox Live 2.0 Is Out!
By: Cesar
09.11.2003 @ 05:05 AM

The final piece of the puzzle has came together as the new Microsoft released today the Xbox Live Now for download. Just log on to Xbox Live and your Xbox will be updated. If you get an "Xbox Live is not responding" message, try again. You know, there are like 500,000 users doing the same thing!

The new Xbox Live Dashboard, aka Live Now, gives subscribers the ability to see their Friends List, see what their friends are doing, and send game invites. It will also display their stats and provide a common place to voice chat with friends before and after Xbox Live games

crank up your XBOXes and go online......it's not like it's a drastic improvement but it's definitely better.

- Goatweed - 09-11-2003

the stat thing is nice, but the chat room is kinda gay IMO.

speaking of chat, are there issues with hearing/sending voice when you're connected to a router? I noticed that past few times I've played UC I didn't hear anyone but I just assumed there was no chatter going on - then I heard it might be because of the router I recently installed. Is this true? How do I get around that?

Edited By Goatweed on 1063291305

- LZMF1 - 09-11-2003

i have several things hooked up to my router and i have no probs with voice chat during games.

- diceisgod - 09-11-2003

You have to find out what channels or whatever to open up on your router and they are different for each game. Since I know dick about that I just disabled the entire firewall that's on the router. Fuck it.

- Galt - 09-11-2003

port, DIG. It's called a "port".

- diceisgod - 09-11-2003

Port schmort. I just want to play video games.

- Galt - 09-11-2003

you just told a bunch of tech nerds that you have no firewall on your router.

- diceisgod - 09-11-2003

This is correct. Then I said, "Fuck it."

- Goatweed - 09-11-2003

::ring::

- Jack - 09-11-2003

I will sell his Ip to the highest bidder.

Any takers?

- diceisgod - 09-11-2003

I offer your life.

- Jack - 09-12-2003

Its ??.??.??.33

Want the rest?

First person to give me 50 bucks gets it.

- Goatweed - 09-12-2003

that's so wrong :17:

- Goatweed - 09-12-2003

it looks ok, I thought the chat thing was like a lobby chat, but it seems you can only invite people to a chat - so thats less gay.

downloaded real quick though :-D

- diceisgod - 09-12-2003

Dumbies. Just because my router has no firewall doesn't mean I have NO firewall. Sure you could hack past that just like you could anyone elses computer without a router. As I said I bought it to play video games not to play games with opening ports and UDP this and TCP that....fuck all that bullshit. Maybe there's an easier, cheaper way to split your internet connection I dunno. But this way works.

- Goatweed - 09-12-2003

my headset works - no opening ports necessary :thumbs-up:

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 09-12-2003

port 80 is always vulnerable...

- diceisgod - 09-13-2003

Demiliterize the motherfucker