CDIH
9/11 - Anyone watching it tonight? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: 9/11 - Anyone watching it tonight? (/showthread.php?tid=738)

Pages: 1 2

- JIMMYSNUKA - 03-10-2002

Just curious.

- Sean Cold - 03-10-2002

I think I personally have seen enough footage from the attacks to last a life time. Reading about it doesn't bother me too much at this point but I have the images etched in my brain forever.

- Keyser Soze - 03-10-2002

i'll watch because i'm curious and i'm a major fan of bobby d.

- Sean Cold - 03-10-2002

Keyser Soze Wrote:bobby d.
damn. I can't wait for the day that I am cool enought to call him that. :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

- Kim - 03-10-2002

Quote:images etched in my brain forever

I second that...I had nightmares for weeks after. We need not re-live those images over and over. They should do stories of rebuilding and moving forward. :confused:

- Buttmunch - 03-10-2002

I'm going to watch it.

Not to sound melodramatic, but I honestly blanked out parts of that day. To put it another way, when I watched to footage, I said to my g/f, "oh, shit, that's the sound it made", meaning, I had mentally blocked out the sound of the collapse and couldn't for the life of me recall what I heard until they played some tape.

I don't want to obsess on it, but I sometimes just think I imagined it.

It was horrifying and life-altering.

- Keyser Soze - 03-10-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote:bobby d.
damn. I can't wait for the day that I am cool enought to call him that. :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:
his really good friends call him pookie

- PollyannaFlower46 - 03-11-2002

I'm recording it and putting it away. Its something that I will watch when I'm ready to, not when CBS thinks we as a nation are ready to.

- SLASH - 03-11-2002

I watch zero television as it is. This only gives me 1 more reason to not watch TV.

- Maynard - 03-11-2002

This was the second worst thing I've ever seen in my life.

The worst, was the actions as they happened on September 11th.

- SLASH - 03-11-2002

Maynard Wrote:This was the second worst thing I've ever seen in my life.

The worst, was the actions as they happened on September 11th.
Yea, well fuck bobby d. up his untalented ass...

And no, I didn't watch it.

- Gooch - 03-11-2002

I watched it, though I had not been planning to. Very sobering and pretty gut-wrenching to see again, in this time from the inside.

- Galt - 03-11-2002

I think they did a very good job of it. They could have made the documentary very cheesy and cliched with a lot of patriotism and forced emotion, and they could have also edited everything so as to make it nice and pallitable for the masses.

They didn't. It was very raw, and tough to watch. Coming from someone who lives 250 miles away and didn't have the towers or the people as part of my daily life, I can definately see how this would be extremely diffcult borderline unwatchable for someone who lived it.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 03-11-2002

Quote:This was the second worst thing I've ever seen in my life.

I recorded it and haven't seen it, but do you mean worst as in it caused you to feel saddened, or worst as in it wasn't done properly?

- Maynard - 03-11-2002

worst sad

- Faceman - 03-11-2002

Very, very powerful documentary. I found it utterly amazing that with all the death and destruction that went on, all the firefighters from the house made it back alive, especially Tony. From the way they talked about him throughout, I thought for sure that he was lost when the buildings collapsed. And the story Tony told about the body of the woman they found and had to leave there because they got the three horns and had to run in case a building was falling had to be the saddest thing I've heard tonight, not to mention the photos of Father Mike they showed. and the images of those planes, especially that first one, slamming into the buildings still gives me the chills every time I see it.

- Galt - 03-11-2002

The video of the second plane crash made me jump. Although I'd seen the video a thousand times, there was never context around it. This time, I was just watching what these guys were doing, and all of a sudden, there's the plane.

The other thing that really freaked me out was the immensly loud sound of what I thought was huge panes of glass shattering, when in fact it was the sound that people make when they fall from such a high distance. And the sheer volume of those noises throughout the documentary. There must have been 20 impacts that were heard.

It is definately difficult to watch. Just be prepared if you haven't seen it yet. I was expecting a pussified version on network TV, but they didn't edit much (thankfully no gore was shown.)

- JIMMYSNUKA - 03-11-2002

I dunno about the rest of you but this documentary just pissed me off all over again. Not that I have forgotton about it but the rage i felt from that day came right back. This was very moving but definately not for everyone. I saw it unfold as did everyone else on 9/11. But something in me wanted to see it from the inside.

- Metalfan - 03-11-2002

Quote:The other thing that really freaked me out was the immensly loud sound of what I thought was huge panes of glass shattering, when in fact it was the sound that people make when they fall from such a high distance. And the sheer volume of those noises throughout the documentary. There must have been 20 impacts that were heard.

No shit! There is no way we would have know what that sound was unless they explained it. The look on the FDNY each time that sound was heard was sickening. But, they way in which they conducted themselves was so above and beyond anything probably most of us ever would have been able to handle. They literally had NO idea of what was going on around them...all they knew is they had a fire to put out and people to save.

As for Tony....Face, I thought the same thing you did, that he didn't make it out. But to think that this total rookie, on the job for 3 months had the instinct to start searching for survivors was incredible!

Buttmunch...now I know why you blocked that sound out......I never had, and hope never to hear a sound like that again.

Kept me up until almost 1am, how about you folks?

- Maynard - 03-11-2002

I believe the sound was them hitting the glass awning. They said they wouldn't let people walk out through the lobby because of it.

Yes, them showing the father was sickening. When they showed them carrying his lifeless body, that really hit home. And the lead up to it beforehand. Talking about how he had a frightened look on his face, and couldn't give anyone that encouraging look that he usually gave. That just made my heart sink.