CDIH
Star wars 2 trailer - Tonight on fox - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Star wars 2 trailer - Tonight on fox (/showthread.php?tid=740)

Pages: 1 2

- IkeaBoy - 03-10-2002

I'm not sure how many people still care but after Malcolm in the Middle and before X-Files, FOX will have the premiere of the new episode two trailer

- Sean Cold - 03-10-2002

I will be watching. Star Wars is still Star Wars in my book.

- Keyser Soze - 03-10-2002

Isn't it on the web already?

- IkeaBoy - 03-10-2002

Keyser Soze Wrote:Isn't it on the web already?
I doubt it. it's being pitched as the world premiere and itt's not commented about on AICN.

- AFDude - 03-11-2002

Quote:Isn't it on the web already?

Yes, for about 2 months now...

- IkeaBoy - 03-11-2002

those were the old teaser trailers. I saw the new one, i wasn't impressed, maybe i need to watch it again

- Maynard - 03-11-2002

Fuck all of you who think this movie isn't going to be good. It looks like it's gonna fuckin rock. I may be one of the few who liked Episode 1.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 03-11-2002

Maynard Wrote:Fuck all of you who think this movie isn't going to be good. It looks like it's gonna fuckin rock. I may be one of the few who liked Episode 1.
The trailer looked ok. The jury is still out on this one. I'll wait till I download it to judge it. And Maynard Episode I was just beyond shitty.

- criticslovesnatch - 03-11-2002

If anyone hasn't seen it and wants to, its on quicktime.com, just click trailers in the top bar.

it was alright, im not expecting much out of this one, not the biggest fan of the series anyway.

- IkeaBoy - 03-11-2002

well i'm definitely going to see it in theaters. and definitely going to pay to see in theaters. I mean I grew up on the series.

Some of the visuals look good. The Obi-Won Kenobi "I hate flying" thing makes no sense as he had indicated no aversion towards flying in either Menace or New Hope but it was important enough to put twice in theaters.

Visually some of it looks great but I really like models more than CGI. Plotwise I don't know and dialogue like "Clone wars begun it has" doesn't bode well for the script.

Oh and Maynard- Phantom Menace stunk. Maybe not hte worst movie ever like many people saw it as. But as for good? No way in hell.

- Arthur Dent - 03-11-2002

What did Ep. 1 acomplish?

1. Introduce Anakin as a good natured kid. No hint of evil at all.
2. Introduce a young Obi Wan as an adventurous, forward looking Jedi with a "rebel" for a teacher.
3. Introduce the Jedi Council and how the Jedi Order works.
4. Introduce Senetor Palpatine and the begining of his rise to power. Also shows the political termoil the Republic is in.
5. Introduce Anakin's mother and love interests. Both, I think, will be used as pawns to turn him to the dark side. The whole "love story" teaser really has more purpose than to get the 14y.o. girls in the theater, at lest I hope so.

I think these were Lucas's main goals and he accomplished them. Could the story have been better? hell YES!!!

Ep 1. was a prologue, not a full story of a trilogy. It was the intro before the real story starts.

I haven't seen the trailer and I haven't read the articles about the footage that was screened and reviewed on AICN, but it's beginning to sound like Lucas has stepped up and given the story people want.

- Keyser Soze - 03-11-2002

Quicktime.com forces you to buy Quicktime Pro to watch the new trailer.

- Faceman - 03-11-2002

I thought the trailer looked good visually and it looks like the battle scene is huge. Now for the interesting thought of the day. In his effort to make the prologue look "cool" and "new" is Lucas making the original trilogy look stupid by comparison?

Example: In ep. 1 we see Darth Maul use a 2 sided
light-saber, in the trailer for ep. 2 we see anakin use 2 light-sabers to fight his battle. But when we look at the original 3, all the participants use only 1 "boring", compared to ep. 1 and 2, light-saber. Now when you first saw star wars light-sabers were the coolest thing ever, but now they just look ho-hum. I hate to be a stickler for details but this bothers me. So what happened in between the prologue and the trilogy? Did the main manufacturer of light-sabers go out of business? Was there a horrible light-saber accident that forced the regulation of the business and force everyone to make their own? Did someone lose the "double-sided" light-saber blueprints and now they can't be recreated? Inquiring minds want to know! But seriously does this idea bother anybody else or am I alone here?

Edited By Faceman on Mar. 11 2002 at 10:27

- Hey Ladi - 03-11-2002

I saw the preview before Lord of the Rings, and ICK it looked like a gay-ass-teenage-love story. bleh I hope that was just the angle for that trailer, and there is a lot more going on!

Face,

First, Luke MADE his second lightsaber himself. The one he loses in Empire was Anakin's. Somehow, Obi Wan got Anakin's lightsaber and gives it to Luke in SW:ANH.

According to the books, the creation of the gemstones that focus the laser into a blade requires an intense and difficult use of the force. It is one of the major tests of Jedi training. therefore, ALL Jedi make their own lightsabers. (The darkside, being "faster" might skip the test and use machined parts. Who knows?)

Also according to the book, the "normal" lightsabers seen in the original trilogy are the traditional weapon of the Jedi. The unusual lightsabers were invented mostly by the Sith (darkside). Some were adopted by the Jedi during the Sith Wars (about a thousand years before any of the movies).

Seeing Anakin use two (haven't seen the trailer yet myself) could be a sign of him going dark in this film. Though I saw a shot of Palpatine with two in an earlier teaser trailer.

damn, I know WAY too much about this.

- JIMMYSNUKA - 03-11-2002

what is this "star wars" you people talk about

- Faceman - 03-11-2002

Hey arthur, way to make yourself look like a total geek :bouncer:

Quote:Hey arthur, way to make yourself look like a total geek

I don't need this thread to do that. :disappointed:

- criticslovesnatch - 03-11-2002

Keyser Soze Wrote:Quicktime.com forces you to buy Quicktime Pro to watch the new trailer.
only if you watch the large version. watch the medium one and it'll work with the free version of quicktime.

- Arpikarhu - 03-11-2002

you are all nerds