CDIH
Boxing on HBO if anyone cares - Tonight @ 9:45 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Boxing on HBO if anyone cares - Tonight @ 9:45 (/showthread.php?tid=7428)

- GonzoStyle - 09-21-2003

Nothing really special.

Though they will be replaying last weeks Delahoya Vs. Mosley fight, judge for yourselves who you think won.

The main event is a heavyweight championship bout, not Lewis though but the other "champion". IBF & WBA Champion Chris Byrd takes on Fres Oquendo. Oquendo was knocked out last year by David Tua in the late rounds but is a pretty good puncher himself. Byrd fights are never exciting, except for the one fight he had with Ike Ibeabuchi when Ike knocked him out in the 3rd round with one of the most vicious uppercuts ever seen.

Ofcourse in boxing Justice, the future of the heavyweight division which was Ibeabuchi never happened. Ike went insane and is currently in a mental institution for a long time and we are stuck with the likes of Byrd.

- Teenweek - 09-21-2003

just care about the de la hoya fight. heard Foreman has a lot of comments about the fight.

- GonzoStyle - 09-21-2003

I am speechless as to the decision, atleast the Mosley decison was fairly close, 115-113 thats one round away from being a draw.

This fight was nowhere near close in any estimates, let alone 117-111, that means Oquendo only got 3 of the 12 rounds. You could see byrd mouth the words "he won" when he heard that one of the judges scores was 117-111, he even waved his head off when he heard his name announced as winner, he knew he didn't win that fight. The scary part is that the decision was unanimous, I dunno what needs to be done but there needs to be an investigation into judging in nevada.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 09-22-2003

I thought that Byrd lost too. After watchin the De La Hoya Mosley fight I think that it was a draw. De La Hoya won at least one of the last 4 even though the judges gave them all to Mosley. That's just what I think...I'm not nearly as knowledgable as Gonz.

On Byrd...I can't believe Kiltko didn't kick his ass...I think that Lewis would own Byrd and Kilitcko gave Lewis a beating this past summer so I'm confused as to how Kiltchko lost to Byrd. I never saw the fight so I don't know what happened.

- GonzoStyle - 09-22-2003

2 tired 2 give N F Wrote:On Byrd...I can't believe Kiltko didn't kick his ass...I think that Lewis would own Byrd and Kilitcko gave Lewis a beating this past summer so I'm confused as to how Kiltchko lost to Byrd. I never saw the fight so I don't know what happened.
The rule of "I beat the man who beat the man" is silly.

Take this into account

George Foreman annihiated Joe Frazier in only 2 rounds, knocking him down 5 times before knocking him out.

in the 41 rounds that Ali & Frazier fought over 3 fights, Ali never knocked frazier down a single time. Even though he TKO'ed him in their final fight only because Frazier could not answer the bell for the start of the 15th round when his corner stopped it. The first 2 fights they had went the distance and their last fight went a full 14 of the scheduled 15 rounds.

Yet Ali knocked out Foreman in the 8th round of their fight.

But never the less, Viltaly Klitchscko was actually winning the fight on all the scorecards but had to quit the fight because he tore his rotator cuff during the fight and could not continue. Later on the younger Klitchsko beat Byrd.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 09-22-2003

So Byrd didn't really beat Kiltchko. Also, I can see why none of the big name guys want to fight him. He's not that good. I always thought that lefty fighters were supposed to be the shit though.

- GonzoStyle - 09-24-2003

Southpaws are the worst fighters most times. They are usually mostly defensive fighters like Pernell Whitaker but Sweet Pea made it look pretty when he did it. Or they are just fuckin sloppy as fuck, always open to the right hand.

And no Byrd got a gift decision against Vitaly Klitchsko, of the 21 rounds Byrd fought against both brothers he won only 4 of them.
That's why there have only been 2 southpaw heavyweight champions, both within the last 10 years and both only held on to a single "belt" and were never considered the real champs. Byrd and Michael Moorer.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 09-24-2003

Was I wrong on De la hoya winning at least one of the last four? I thought it should have been scored 114 114.

I had it 115-113 for Mosley and I gave Oscar 2 of the last 4 rounds.

split decision according to CDIH...HBO had it De La Hoya...I smell controversy...

You smell

yea you're right...I need a shower...

Hit the showers Tupac.

I don't like em golden or yellow
I just like to puff a L and keep mellow
Cleanin up nice with my rubber ducky
After a hard night of fuckie fuckie.