CDIH
Tribute in light - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Tribute in light (/showthread.php?tid=750)

- Keyser Soze - 03-12-2002

<center>[Image: wtclight.jpg]

[Image: wtclight2.jpg]

[Image: wtclight3.jpg]

</center>

I miss those towers, but this really is a beautiful tribute.

Edited By Keyser Soze on Mar. 12 2002 at 1:50

- PollyannaFlower46 - 03-12-2002

I don't really see anything. I think I'm going to take a walk over to the site one day next week after class, but I doubt that is the best place to look.

- Faceman - 03-12-2002

I just got back from the blvd. on the Jersey side, right across from the Empire State Bulding and from our vantage point we could only see 1 beam of light. In fact, from my window I can see the light and where it hits the clouds in the sky. It was very moving standing next to a couple of town firemen and having them comment about how terrible it was and how they hope it never happens again. I almost started to tear up right there. It was very moving. On a side note, FUCK YOU to the woman who was walking away from the park and said, "well that was kind of underwhelming" What the fuck did you want lady, a floorshow?? Fucking twat

- inkgrrrl - 03-12-2002

wow thats beautiful, thanks for the picture, i really wanted to see that.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 03-12-2002

Okay, I can see it now, thanks...it is just what it should be simple but moving, I think they should keep that as the memorial permanently instead of perhaps doing something gaudy.

- inkgrrrl - 03-12-2002

they are moving?

- Brokenjaw - 03-12-2002

inkgrrrl Wrote:they are moving?
your joking,right?

- Keyser Soze - 03-12-2002

inkgrrrl Wrote:they are moving?
I believe she meant in the emotional sense.

- Faceman - 03-12-2002

Here is the best pic I've seen so far. [Image: capt.1015895989.attacks_six_months_xnr104.jpg]

- inkgrrrl - 03-12-2002

oh um.. nevermind...

- Hybrid - 03-12-2002

this is a good tribute. i want to take a ride over and look one of these days.

- Sluggo - 03-12-2002

I can see where they hit the clouds from my front yard in Hopatcong N.J.
Maybe later when the rest of the ambient light is dim, I'll get a better look.
Thanks for posting the pics...Very moving indeed.

- inkgrrrl - 03-12-2002

wow i used to live in hopatcong, and thats so awesome that you can see it there..

- Sean Cold - 03-12-2002

Shit, where the fuck is Alkey, I heard he saw the tribute in a preview on Sunday night that no one saw at all except him. I wanted to see the fuckin preview damn it!

- BeckyDC - 03-12-2002

Wow..so beautiful

- Buttmunch - 03-12-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:Shit, where the fuck is Alkey, I heard he saw the tribute in a preview on Sunday night that no one saw at all except him. I wanted to see the fuckin preview damn it!
He's busy moderating OA.com.

- GonzoStyle - 03-12-2002

I could see it yesterday from my window in brooklyn, one of the beams on the left I believe was getting some fuckin elevation. It is a rather beautiful sight, I get to see the skyline on the way home from work when crossing the brooklyn bridge on the train.

- Mr. Brownstone - 03-12-2002

Quote:, I get to see the skyline on the way home from work when crossing the brooklyn bridge on the train.
<font size=1> <font color=white>coughcoughdontyoumeanthemanhattanbridgecoughcough</font>

I saw it from the front of my building in Brooklyn, it was pretty amazing.

Edited By Mr. Brownstone on Mar. 12 2002 at 6:51

- inkgrrrl - 03-12-2002

damn now i cant wait to get into the city this weekend... i really want to see it, and i guess my neighborhood is just too bright.