CDIH
I <3 The 80's strikes back!!!! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I <3 The 80's strikes back!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=7623)

Pages: 1 2 3

- GonzoStyle - 10-21-2003

This is probably the greatest TV special of all time, the original I <3 the 80's and this new version are the most enjoyable TV of all times!!!

It's a license to print money as far as I am concerned.

- HedCold - 10-21-2003

is it mint?

- GonzoStyle - 10-21-2003

Mint is not enough to describe this much greatness, it's gem mint 2000.

- JimmyBlueEyes - 10-21-2003

Yeah it's funny to watch, but even funnier is to see some of those 80's stars who have not aged gracefully. I near shit when I saw Emma Samms. She was friggin hot back then, and She looks horrible now.

- The Jays - 10-21-2003

I dunno, there are several things about this series, and the I Love the 70's series that bug me.

1) Michael Ian Black. Not only is he never funny, but his dry, monotone description of things is his attempt at being funny, yet fails miserably and ends up just being confusing.
2) Mo Rocca. With that haircut, and without the Daily Show, he's just annoying.
3) The formula of the show.
Announce product.
Show clips of random, unrelated celebrities, one by one, saying things like , "OMG! (insert name of product here)", "(insert name of product here) was/were amazing!","(insert name of product here) is (insert description here)".
Show clip of Michael Ian Black saying something unfunny that involves the product.
Show clip of Mo Rocca saying something annoying that involves the product.
Show clips of commercials/videos/tv shows of the product in between.
Insert some pop music song in the background, specifically a clip of a verse of the song that describes the product.
End segment on product with Michael Ian Black saying something unfunny.

Edited By The Jays on 1066778122

- drusilla - 10-22-2003

yes but this time it's all about donal lougue!

- GonzoStyle - 10-22-2003

Are you fuckin mad? Michael Ian Black is a comedy genius on that show.

Every word that comes out of his mouth is pure gold on that show.

- The Jays - 10-22-2003

Pshaw. What low standards of humor you hold.

Oh, and just for future reference for VH1, they should really try to avoid putting people on the show that were not born yet, or lacked the ability of forming coherent thoughts during the year that they are focusing on. e.g. Mandy Moore being on the 1982 episode. She wasn't even alive for most of the year. And The Donnas being on any of the first 3 episodes. Please, they were 3, I highly doubt they can wax nostalgic on this stuff.

- drusilla - 10-22-2003

i agree wth that, but i love michael ian black.

though i like to refer to him as johnny blue jeans

Michael Ian Black is very funny on the specials, you just have no sense of humor Clay.

- drusilla - 10-22-2003

buuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrn

- drusilla - 10-22-2003

they're raggin' on my rooos!

- The Jays - 10-22-2003

Quote:Michael Ian Black is very funny on the specials, you just have no sense of humor Clay.

Hurh hurh hurh, you're funny, see, because you're making fun of me liking Clay Aiken. That's comedy. Really.

- The Jays - 10-22-2003

I hope at some point, during the I Love the 80's week, they spend at least five minutes recalling when an obscure channel called VH1 burst on the cable scene, and would show music videos. Gee, what ever happened to that channel?

The same thing that happened to MTV

- drusilla - 10-22-2003

only vh1 is greater by far

(newlyweds is the only good thing on mtv now)

- The Jays - 10-22-2003

I hope they cover MTV also. I mean, MTV is one of the most important things to happen to popular culture in the past 50 years, and certainly of the 1980s. But will they leave it out to avoid the uncomfortable "So, why did you decide to replace music videos with crappy reality television" questions?

- The Jays - 10-22-2003

Newlyweds is the only thing MTV shows nowadays. I've seen like all four episodes. Already overexposed.

- drusilla - 10-22-2003

still funny.

btw gonzy, i like that your name is in red now

- JimmyBlueEyes - 10-23-2003

MIB, funny, Donal Logue, damn funny. Mo Rocca, douche. Total friggin douche.