CDIH
Netflix - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Netflix (/showthread.php?tid=7665)

Pages: 1 2

- Paper Boy - 10-26-2003

anyone use this nifty new service i just signed up for? they send you movies, to your home. then you watch them and send them back. they have a two week FREE trial membership. i rented lotr the two towers and matrix part 2. i should receive them in 2 to 4 business days. i am so very excited. the main reason i never rent movies is because i hate to leave the house, now i don't have to.

- Galt - 10-26-2003

I did it like three years ago.

It used to be more attractive in that they had different levels of membership. Meaning...if you paid $5/month you could only rent two movies. $10 was like 5 or 10 movies, and then $20 was unlimited.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 10-26-2003

new service?

gamefly.com is a new service. its netflix but with games instead

- The Jays - 10-26-2003

Quote:i hate to leave the house, now i don't have to.

Let's combine this with my Olive Garden thread, for the ultimate combo of Hospitaliano and DVD watching.

- Goatweed - 10-26-2003

The Jays Wrote:

Let's combine this with my Olive Garden thread, for the ultimate combo of Hospitaliano and DVD watching.
I was thinking the very same thing!

- Paper Boy - 10-26-2003

they do have different levels of service but the free trial is for three movies out at a time. you can go as high as 8 or as low as 2.

i haven't read The Jays thread yet but i will do so now.

- PatCooper - 10-26-2003

yeah i love it. They only bad thing is alot of older movies either have a very long wait for or they just dont have in stock.

- Galt - 10-26-2003

Goatweed Wrote:
The Jays Wrote:

I was thinking the very same thing!
It's called Kozmo.com. It went out of business.

- The Jays - 10-27-2003

Wasn't that just a supermarket? Pfft.

I'm talking quality dvd's and italian food so good you'd think you were back in the mother land, all delivered to your front door, with a dozen Krispy Kremes for dessert/breakfast.

- Paper Boy - 10-28-2003

wow, i signed up on sunday and i have already received my first three dvds. what a great service.

- PatCooper - 10-28-2003

it's really quick in the beginning. But wait a month and then they get a little slower.

- Faceman - 10-28-2003

Kinda like a girl who swallows when you're dating, but stops when you marry her?

- Galt - 10-28-2003

where do you people find girls who swallow? I've never had one even consider it.

- Faceman - 10-28-2003

my ex was mexican and she swallowed. had to talk her into it, but after she did it once, she never went back

- HollywoodJewMoses - 10-28-2003

by ask, do you mean offer her an extra 50?

- Paper Boy - 10-29-2003

Quote:it's really quick in the beginning. But wait a month and then they get a little slower.

the return address on the envelope is melville. that's only about a 25 minute ride from me. i don't think i'll have a problem with them slowing down.

- crx girl - 10-29-2003

The Jays Wrote:Wasn't that just a supermarket? Pfft.

I'm talking quality dvd's and italian food so good you'd think you were back in the mother land, all delivered to your front door, with a dozen Krispy Kremes for dessert/breakfast.
no, kozmo was a service that you could call up or go online and tell them what you want, they get it and bring it to you. icecream, videos, doughnuts...

if i remember correctly, it was only in manhattan though, and they went out of business within a few months.

- PatCooper - 10-29-2003

Paper Boy Wrote:
Quote:it's really quick in the beginning. But wait a month and then they get a little slower.

the return address on the envelope is melville. that's only about a 25 minute ride from me. i don't think i'll have a problem with them slowing down.
ok so then your lucky. Mine is in queens. im in staten island. for me it usually takes 2-3 days. i get about 6 a week if im lucky with the postal service.

- Paper Boy - 11-23-2003

so far so good. if i send them back on monday, i'll get my dvd's on wednesday. now all i need are some reccomendations. what movies should i rent?

- PatCooper - 11-23-2003

Not Tomb Raider 2 or dumb and Dumberer