CDIH
Boxing this Weekend - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Boxing this Weekend (/showthread.php?tid=7742)

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 11-07-2003

So Gonz, I haven't seen a thread about this. Jones Jr. Vs. Tarver. I'm thinkin Jones myself but Tarver has been talkin alot of smack. Perhaps he can back it up. Seems like it'd be a good fight. I'm not gonna pay for it though. Just download it later in the week probably...

- GonzoStyle - 11-07-2003

I think this fight is gonna be a treat.

Not because Tarver has a chance but because Jones is pissed off.

You gotta understand Jones psyche for this one. Jones is undeniably the greatest pure fighter and maybe athlete of our generation. But he never goes into the ring and give 100 percent, not because he's lazy but because of his knowlege of history. Meaning the old cycle of boxers becoming punch drunk later in life, he hates to see it, he hates hurting opponents more than he has to, so he will usually do enough to win or KO someone quick which is rare. His defense is impecable, he rarely gets his, and his offense is his speed he'll touch you up with a ton of punches to win rounds.

But there are times when jones really hates a fighter and no example is greater than Montell Griffin. Griffin is the guy who "beat" jones when Jones was DQ'ed for punching Griffin after he took a knee. Jones has never really been beaten, lets get that straight. In the rematch jones came in and almost killed that boy, he wrecked to a point even mike tyson in his prime would have to step back and say "damn!!!!!"

Jones has beaten just about everyone in the top 20 in the light heavyweight division, he hasnt really had a true test since Toney.

Tarver is a very very good fighter and would rule at 175 if not for Jones but Jones is just that amazing. Tarver is Jones best test in years at 175 but the problem is Jones is pissssssssssssed!!!

Tarver has said a lot of shit to roy and tried to embarass him but to no avail cause jones has a motor mouth reminiscent of Ali. He's been talking shit and Jones is mad for more than just that. Jones is pissed that the Lennox Lewis, Holyfield and Tyson fights didnt come off. So he had to drop 26 pounds of muscle to get back down to 175 to regain the titles he vacated.

This is the best testament to what I mean, jones is notorious for pulling out of contracts for the smallest details that may inflict on his greatness as champion. There was a dispute as to who would enter the ring last, the champion enters last. The problem is Tarver is the champion since Jones gave up the belts, he was actually forced to. But jones said he is the bigger name and makes the PPV and he never lost his belts. Jones said fuck it and said he would come in first and let Tarver come in last, this is how much he wants to make sure he gets him in the ring.

I predict an early KO for this one, because jones is in the red.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 11-09-2003

So did the weight loss affect Jones Jr's performance tonight? Is Tarver that good? Espn Max says that Tarver earned a rematch and that the Tyson Jones JR fight will have to wait.

Gonzo comment?

- GonzoStyle - 11-09-2003

Sorry I am still in awe.

- Goatweed - 11-09-2003

I am too, I thought Revolutions was really fucking good, I don't know why it got all the negative feedback that it did.

Keep your nazi propoganda to yourself.

- Goatweed - 11-09-2003

Sieg Heil!

Sorry, I don't mean to defile the boxing thread - I'll move on.

Defiler!!! :angry:

- Goatweed - 11-09-2003

I said I'd move on!! SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!

whatever papa smurf.

- Goatweed - 11-09-2003

[Image: Depends.gif] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

oooh you dickens you!!!

- PatCooper - 11-09-2003

Jones was right by saying that Tarver was trying too steal each round in the last 20 seconds. But thats not the way to win a fight. Tarver deserves a rematch and just became a name to follow. Jones was suckin hot air for the last 6 rounds. If Tarver just stayed on jones alittle bit more he woulda won that fight.

- Gooch - 11-09-2003

i missed the fight. i will have to watch the replay on HBO next week.

- Keyser Soze - 11-09-2003

im sorry i missed this, i eagerly await the replay. anyone know when it comes on?

- PatCooper - 11-09-2003

Saturday at 10 hbo