CDIH
Art Carney dead - ... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Art Carney dead - ... (/showthread.php?tid=7763)

- Goatweed - 11-11-2003

Quote:Art Carney, who paired with Jackie Gleason in the classic series "The Honeymooners" and won an Oscar for his role as an retired teacher traveling through America in the 1974 film "Harry and Tonto," has died. He was 85.

I guess those Honeymooner's DVD's might be worth a little more to the fans. He will be missed.

- Galt - 11-11-2003

I totally would have lost in that round of "dead or alive" if we were playing

- GonzoStyle - 11-12-2003

:29: a staple in american culture is gone, I am so sadface.

I loved him in "last picture show" and "harry and tonto" besides the honeymooners.

- JimmyBlueEyes - 11-12-2003

A little bit of Trivia, what did Ed Norton do before he went to work in the Sewers??

He was a cop.

Not the character ed norton but art carney made guest apperances as a cop before becoming Norton. He had been a regular on Gleasons CBS variety show for many years.

- The Sleeper - 11-12-2003

Galt Wrote:I totally would have lost in that round of "dead or alive" if we were playing
seriously, i thought all the honeymooners were long dead

Joyce Randolph who played Trixie is still alive.

- Galt - 11-12-2003

We mourn him because he was on a TV show, and a horrible one at that (seriously. The show, like everything else TV and movie related before 1970, sucked).

Not because he stormed the beach at Normandy and spent the rest of his life injured because of it.

The Honeymooners was the greatest show ever, anyone who says otherwise is obviously a member of the axis of evil and is hence an evil doer and must be terminated.

- Faceman - 11-12-2003

FUCK, galt has suddenly become anti-everything lately. Do you even like yourself anymore?????

Galt is like that guy who used to post who was against anything everyone liked or mainstream stuff.

remember him? I never liked him, negative nancy.

- Galt - 11-12-2003

I have always been anti every form of media (save music) prior to January 1, 1972. Every movie and TV was utterly atrocious as is proven by the fact that Lucille Ball and Bob Hope were two of the biggest stars of the time. In fact, were I to do further research, I may be of the opinion that January 1, 1972 was a point of inflection and all music prior to that day was good; while everything after was atrocious.

- Faceman - 11-12-2003

GonzoStyle Wrote:Galt is like that guy who used to post who was against anything everyone liked or mainstream stuff.

remember him? I never liked him, negative nancy.
I didn't know his name was nancy, I thought it started with a J...Wow live and learn huh?

Galt Wrote:I have always been anti every form of media (save music) prior to January 1, 1972. Every movie and TV was utterly atrocious as is proven by the fact that Lucille Ball and Bob Hope were two of the biggest stars of the time. In fact, were I to do further research, I may be of the opinion that January 1, 1972 was a point of inflection and all music prior to that day was good; while everything after was atrocious.
I agree with Hope and Lucy but not the rest.