CDIH
I went Mac!! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I went Mac!! (/showthread.php?tid=7840)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Bland - 11-23-2003

My windows laptop screwed the pooch today so I decided, after long thought, to try an Ibook. After using it for 5 hours my only question is why I took so long to make the change. The browser is twice as fast, the file system is infinitly better, the os rules. Windows is Apples bitch!!

- QuickStop - 11-23-2003

so what games can you play on that thing?

- Bland - 11-23-2003

I play games on the desktop. the laptop is for movies, music, and internet.
The only strange thing is that all of the statuses on this board are in a single line. It makes it so the status side of a post takes up half the page.

- QuickStop - 11-23-2003

thats cause macs suck balls for anything practical other than video editting and their amazing monitors.

- Gooch - 11-23-2003

QuickStop Wrote:thats cause macs suck balls for anything practical other than video editting and their amazing monitors.
wrong.

:damnpc:

- QuickStop - 11-23-2003

as far as whats made better...yeah macs are, but it isnt about hardware...its about software...and everything is made for pcs.

- The Jays - 11-23-2003

I personally enjoy having to drag the CD rom drive icon into the trash whenever I need to eject the CD... because, of course, it's so logical that throwing it into the trash would equal ejecting a cd. :23:

Oh, and I love when I right-click... oh wait, no.

- QuickStop - 11-23-2003

i am still amazed that they havent incorperated a two button mouse yet. ctrl click this, ctrl click that....retarded

- The Jays - 11-23-2003

they dont have control, they have the lil squiggly thing button

- HedCold - 11-23-2003

macs are the gay. so many things about the way the desktop is and stuff really sucks

and if you get a usb mouse with 2 buttons it'll work on a mac like it does on a regular pc. why they sell it with those lame one button mouses are beyond me.

but the 700 dollar 17 inch flat screen is really sweet

- HedCold - 11-23-2003

Quote:The only strange thing is that all of the statuses on this board are in a single line. It makes it so the status side of a post takes up half the page.
thats cause of safari and because the board is made to be formated by IE. it is annoying sometimes

- Bland - 11-23-2003

The way it allocates memory resources and deals with program crashes is worth it alone. After 24 hours with this thing I can firmly say that it is superior to windows.

- Galt - 11-23-2003

and now all you have to do is convine a billion other people that MACs are better and all the network factors of everything being made for Windows won't be an issue anymore.

- HedCold - 11-23-2003

how well does it handle scuzzi problems?

and i've found that macs crash and slow down more than windows 2000 does

- QuickStop - 11-23-2003

the old macs at my school (like 5 years old..yeah i know...they are old old old) seem to randomly fuck themselves in the ass often

- HedCold - 11-23-2003

they ran either os 8 or 9, and that was pretty bad. os x is alot better now that it uses the unix framework stuff

- Goatweed - 11-23-2003

I think you can play Doom on a mac, right?

- HedCold - 11-23-2003

there might be a mac version. i know there's a jedi knight 2 thats playable on it

- Bland - 11-23-2003

If all you can find to do with your computer is play games then mac is not for you. If you use your computer for movies, music, and productivity, then mac is da bomb!

- QuickStop - 11-23-2003

i think we've established that it is not, in fact, "da bomb"