CDIH
Name that show! - Name the really obscure tv show. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Name that show! - Name the really obscure tv show. (/showthread.php?tid=794)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Arthur Dent - 03-15-2002

Alright coach potatos. Time to come up with the most obscure TV shows you can think of. Those shows that only lasted a few episodes, played on Saturday afternoons, or otherwise vanished into oblivion.

Anybody remember the show about a motorcycle cop who was "killed" and then given a super-motorcycle and bulletproof riding clothes? It was an obvious Knight Rider rip-off, only the bike didn't talk.

Or how about the show about a group that was like the Texas Rangers in space? There was one alien guy (played by the chinese character actor who is the bad guy in dozens of films) who had to sleep in a tank that looked like a giant washing machine, or he would fall into his species uncontrollable killer rage. And the leader of the group was a really hot blond.

- Spitfire - 03-15-2002

Maybe I shouldn't post here, I seem to kill all your threads :confused:

Here's 2 shows (both in the 80's)

Show about a group of girls, including Krusty Swanson, who are in nursing school and live together in the same house.

2nd show- Charles Russell dies, but since he is too good for hell and too bad for heaven, he is given the opportunity to go back to 1987 to assist his younger self, Chazz, in making better decisions at critical junctures in his life in order to (hopefully) get into heaven. Has a best friend Booch, 2 nd version of the show (with new name) was much better.

- Silera - 03-15-2002

Quote:Show about a group of girls, including Krusty Swanson, who are in nursing school and live together in the same house.

Was that Nightingales?

- Galt - 03-15-2002

Well I can't name any of the ones previously mentioned, but one that I remember actually stared Halle Berry (sure go look it up on IMDB..what the hell) and the broad from King of Queens.

It was a spinoff of Who's the Boss about some hot chicks modelling in New York. It was right near the end of Who's the Boss and Allysa Milano and her hot friend (from King of Queens) were going to try and model.

It sucked. but I loved the girls.

Here's another one. Fonzie as a Rush Limbaugh-type conservative talk-show host. A definate rip-off of All in the Family. David Schimmer played his pinko son/nephew/son-in-law or something. I don't even know if it lasted the 6 episodes becuase it was so bad. It was just a 30 minute infomercial on how dumb every conservative is.

- Spitfire - 03-15-2002

Quote:Was that Nightingales?
Yup thought I was the only one who watched it; I ahted it because they cancelled the show during a cliffhanger episode so you never knew what happened...

Quote:It was a spinoff of Who's the Boss about some hot chicks modelling in New York.
something with "Dolls" in the title, can't remember what the whole name was though

- PollyannaFlower46 - 03-15-2002

Quote:It was a spinoff of Who's the Boss about some hot chicks modelling in New York. It was right near the end of Who's the Boss and Allysa Milano and her hot friend (from King of Queens) were going to try and model.

I remember that show...I used to love it LOL

- IkeaBoy - 03-15-2002

Quote:2nd show- Charles Russell dies, but since he is too good for hell and too bad for heaven, he is given the opportunity to go back to 1987 to assist his younger self, Chazz, in making better decisions at critical junctures in his life in order to (hopefully) get into heaven. Has a best friend Booch, 2 nd version of the show (with new name) was much better.
This sounds like a show called Teen Angel that was on ABC for a couple of weeks a couple of years ago. It probably isn't it but you said "second version" of the show existed too so it's worth a shot.

If I'd be allowed to use IMDB I can probably solve all these.

- Spitfire - 03-15-2002

nope, the show was on Fox, Ikea

- Arpikarhu - 03-15-2002

Quote:Here's another one. Fonzie as a Rush Limbaugh-type conservative talk-show host. A definate rip-off of All in the Family. David Schimmer played his pinko son/nephew/son-in-law or something. I don't even know if it lasted the 6 episodes becuase it was so bad. It was just a 30 minute infomercial on how dumb every conservative is.

monty

- Arthur Dent - 03-15-2002

Quote:Maybe I shouldn't post here, I seem to kill all your threads

You don't kill 'em. Your the angel of mercy giving peace to a dying thread. Angel Confusedpits: Angel

- Rape Fantasizer - 03-16-2002

Galt Wrote:Well I can't name any of the ones previously mentioned, but one that I remember actually stared Halle Berry (sure go look it up on IMDB..what the hell) and the broad from King of Queens.

It was a spinoff of Who's the Boss about some hot chicks modelling in New York. It was right near the end of Who's the Boss and Allysa Milano and her hot friend (from King of Queens) were going to try and model.

It sucked. but I loved the girls.
Living Dolls.

- IkeaBoy - 03-18-2002

Show: Comedy about a group of about 6 people who survive the Nuclear Holocaust

Edited By IkeaBoy on Mar. 18 2002 at 5:40

- The Sleeper - 03-19-2002

IkeaBoy Wrote:Show: Comedy about a group of about 6 people who survive the Nuclear Holocaust
Friends?

- IkeaBoy - 03-19-2002

The Sleeper Wrote:
IkeaBoy Wrote:Show: Comedy about a group of about 6 people who survive the Nuclear Holocaust
Friends?
so nuclear bombs kill all the blacks? SWEET!

- Tenbatsuzen - 03-24-2002

"Whoops!" Featuring the black guy from Sliders.

Arthur Dent Wrote:Alright coach potatos. Time to come up with the most obscure TV shows you can think of. Those shows that only lasted a few episodes, played on Saturday afternoons, or otherwise vanished into oblivion.

Anybody remember the show about a motorcycle cop who was "killed" and then given a super-motorcycle and bulletproof riding clothes? It was an obvious Knight Rider rip-off, only the bike didn't talk.

Or how about the show about a group that was like the Texas Rangers in space? There was one alien guy (played by the chinese character actor who is the bad guy in dozens of films) who had to sleep in a tank that looked like a giant washing machine, or he would fall into his species uncontrollable killer rage. And the leader of the group was a really hot blond.
First show was Street Hawk.

Second show is Space Rangers.

Space Rangers had a run on Sci-Fi last year, I believe.

Spitfire Wrote:Maybe I shouldn't post here, I seem to kill all your threads :confused:

Here's 2 shows (both in the 80's)

Show about a group of girls, including Krusty Swanson, who are in nursing school and live together in the same house.

2nd show- Charles Russell dies, but since he is too good for hell and too bad for heaven, he is given the opportunity to go back to 1987 to assist his younger self, Chazz, in making better decisions at critical junctures in his life in order to (hopefully) get into heaven. Has a best friend Booch, 2 nd version of the show (with new name) was much better.
I think, not sure, that the "Chazz" show was Second Chances. If memory serves, either Matthew Perry or Matt LeBlanc was "Chazz"... I remember this from a "before they were Friends" special.

I'll add my own.

Computer programmer creates a being made from a computer. They fight crime and solve mysteries with the help of "Cursor", the being's virtual friend.

An Ex-CIA agent who drives a black 1965 corvette solves crime not for money, but for a favor to be paid back later. Show ran in the mid 80's... character's name was a shortened version of the show's title. Corvette's a big clue.

A transformable truck, Sam "Flash Gordon" Jones, and Jacko from the Energizer commercials. All you need to know. Smile

A hot American co-ed in England is bitten by a wolf; now every full moon (or when she gets turned on) she turns into a werewolf. Only her professor knows about her condition.

- Galt - 03-24-2002

<center>[Image: edit_button.gif]</center>

- IkeaBoy - 03-24-2002

Tenbatsuzen Wrote:A hot American co-ed in England is bitten by a wolf; now every full moon (or when she gets turned on) she turns into a werewolf. Only her professor knows about her condition.
She-wolf of London

Chick knows about virtual reality and crap. It had Giles from Buffy