CDIH
Andy Pettitte Signs With The Houston Astros - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Andy Pettitte Signs With The Houston Astros (/showthread.php?tid=7963)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Keyser Soze - 12-11-2003

:rofl:

- x-file - 12-11-2003

I'm sick to my stomach with this signing. I blame Steibrennar for this. He signs 14 middle relief pitchers. Goes out and re-signs Wells and Boone. But takes his time with pettitte. He didn't want him here in the end. I'm so upset with this. If He would of shown him appreciation, then pettitte would of stayed. Now what? Kevin Brown? Ugh....

- Galt - 12-11-2003

Kevin Brown is better than Pettite.

Kevin Brown won't start 20 games for the Yankees, but it will be backloaded to the end of the year, and he'll be a machine in the late summer/early fall.

i loved hearing mike francesa have an fit over it this afternoon. heres a few gems...

"96-2000 seem like a distant memory now"

"we're going back to the days of the mid 80's, the jack clark, ricky henderson yankees"

"so now they go and sign 39 year old kevin brown. wonderful."

"the yankees are becoming a team of malcontents. wells, sheffield, kevin brown....this is disgusting."

- HedCold - 12-11-2003

when does jeter get traded?

- Galt - 12-11-2003

Arod, Schilling, JD Drew, Glaus...

- QuickStop - 12-11-2003

steinbrenner is a douche bag and he has a girly voice

Kevin Brown is old.

- HedCold - 12-11-2003

who's going to miss more starts? pedro, schilling or brown?

i think the dark horse in this one is david wells

i think he looks good in pinstripes

[Image: img6914414.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

- Ferret - 12-11-2003

x-file Wrote:I'm sick to my stomach with this signing. I blame Steibrennar for this. He signs 14 middle relief pitchers. Goes out and re-signs Wells and Boone. But takes his time with pettitte. He didn't want him here in the end. I'm so upset with this. If He would of shown him appreciation, then pettitte would of stayed. Now what? Kevin Brown? Ugh....
I wouldn't really blame the yanks for this one, pettitte wanted to go to the astros cause his family is there and they pushed him to take this deal. The yankees thought he was locked a few weeks ago, it's not like they dealt with him last as you say. The yankees offered him 40 million but he took less money and instead went to the astros.

I never really liked pettitte much anyway, he had a MVP season last year but like when Tino Martinez knew it was the year before his contract was up and hit 40 homers, then went back to hitting 20-25. Pettitte wouldn't have come close to winning 20 games next year if he stayed. I'd rather have brown and welles.

wrong, pettittes agent came back to the yankees with another offer before he signed with the astros. the yankees and astros confirmed this. the yankees refused that offer. the yankees had a chance to re-sign pettitte and they blew it.

and i can't wait to see you eat your own words at the end of next year for saying you'd rather have brown and wells over pettitte.

- crx girl - 12-11-2003

would have would have

- Galt - 12-11-2003

wood eye! wood eye!

would have what?

- HedCold - 12-12-2003

Quote:The Yankees and Dodgers agreed to the outline of a tentative trade Thursday, with Brown going to the Yankees for right-hander Jeff Weaver, two minor leaguers and $3 million, two baseball officials said on condition of anonymity.

Brown, who has the right to block a trade, must approve any deal and has not yet been asked about it, agent Scott Boras said.

- JimmyBlueEyes - 12-12-2003

Dandy Andy goes home. Steinbrenner gets the blame for this one. He dragged his feet on it. However Pettite did want to go home and be a family man. Sad to see him go....

yeah right...

- PlasticMan - 12-12-2003

Quote:"the yankees are becoming a team of malcontents. wells, sheffield, kevin brown....this is disgusting."
Come out here and try rooting for the Trailblazers. Sorry for the subject change.

- HedCold - 12-12-2003

the yankees are probably going to have to rework brown's contract to get him to agree to the trade and increase their payroll by another 5 million.
score another one for scott boras

- HollywoodJewMoses - 12-12-2003

trailBLAZErs 420!!!1!1111